Amplitube 4 VST3 not usable in Sonar Platinum

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 VST3 not usable in Sonar Platinum

Postby PhoenixGTR » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:05 pm

I'm reinstalling everything from scratch on a clean install of Windows 10. Sonar sees Amplitube 4 VST3 and shows it in Plugin Manager but I can't access it to insert in a project.
I'm going to post this to the Cakewalk forums too of course, but I was wondering if anyone else here had this problem (and if so, how they solved it)?
Thanks.
PhoenixGTR

Re: Amplitube 4 VST3 not usable in Sonar Platinum

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:21 pm

Have you also reported it to IK Support? They will troubleshoot directly with you: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PhoenixGTR » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:32 pm

Thanks for the prompt response!
I just created a ticket.
PhoenixGTR

Postby PhoenixGTR » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:44 am

Update: After extensive experimenting, I found a workaround.
Unlike the VST2 version, Amplitube 4 can not be 'configured as synth' so that there can be a midi track to control it, which is the way I'm used to working in Sonar, because the MIDI data can be easily fine-tuned in the events view.
Apparently you can configure AT4 VST3 this way in Sonar, but for whatever reason, it won't appear on a a plugin menu that way (or in the synth rack).
It can be controlled via automation, though. More steps involved, but hey, it works.
Right-clicking on parameters does offer MIDI learn but I haven't been able to discern how to route MIDI to it.
Tech support hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I'll append this info to the ticket.
PhoenixGTR

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:16 am

VST3 plug-ins deal with incoming MIDI CC messages differently from VST2 plug-ins. Have a look at
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=172767
and
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=442470
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby agoldberg0 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:57 pm

I have this same issue, trying to use the AT4 Leslie with VB3 organ inside Sonar Platinum (Bandlab). I have a synth track with VB3 loaded, then inserted AT4 as a plugin. After hours of messing around and reading online, I read (and proved) that Sonar cannot configure AT4 as a synth to receive MIDI messages, since it's VST3 or such nonsense. It is identified as an audio plugin. OK fine, so it can't receive MIDI messages directly? I messed around with setting up separate MIDI/Audio tracks in Sonar and routing the output of the VB3 track to the audio track containing the AT4 plugin, etc. etc. I have never gotten AT4 to receive any MIDI messages from Sonar, which was previously inconvenient when I was trying to automate a wah pedal.

Then on further reading, I read that I need to insert automation lanes in Sonar and configure to send messages to AT4. I did this, assigning in AT4 param 1 to the fast Leslie aned param 2 to the slow leslie. Then adding automation lane data in the Sonar VB3 track to send to AT4 params 1 & 2

When I run some test automation. I see AT4 receiving the automation values since the value box changes in AT4, but I'm not sure what the values are supposed to be and it doesn't engage the Leslie speed switch. or do anything.

All I want to do is have my keyboard pedal switch activate the slow-fast function in AT4's Leslie. I've wasted around 5 hours on this so far with no luck. Can anyone please help?? Thanks.

I'm in my three day trial period for the Leslie and would sure like to solve this before buying or or I'll just forget it.

Thanks.
agoldberg0

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling