Amplitube 4 " THE CRACKLING NOISE SOUND"

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 " THE CRACKLING NOISE SOUND"

Postby christian.machado » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi, My name is Christian.
I use a notebook I3 / win 10 / Amplitube 4 / Irig HD.
The problem is:
There is a crackling noise sound, very loud, when i select some distortion, extreme preset.
The crackling noise sound don't go away even i select a clean preset.
When he apears, i have to close de Amplitube and start again, then i go to the same problem preset and the crackling noise sound don't come.
It's ok now.
But, a few minutes later ... The crackling noise sound is back.
I notice that the crackling noise sound just come (and stays), eventually, in some very distortion, exterme, loud presets.
I also use the Amplitube as a AAX Plugin in Pro Tools, and the same problem apears there to, specially when a use Amplitube with Toontrack's Ezdrummer2 and Ezkeys to jam along.

Somebody has a solution for this ??

Thx !!!!
christian.machado

Re: Amplitube 4 " THE CRACKLING NOISE SOUND"

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:16 pm

This sounds like the buffer size is set too low for your audio interface. Try setting that higher (high enough to voice the cracking, low enough to have the lowest latency for real-time playing).

If this does not resolve the issue, please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they will assist you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby christian.machado » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:32 pm

Thx Peter,

I forgot to say that i use ASIO4ALL.
I will try to change the buffer size on ASIO settings.

Thx !!!
christian.machado

Postby MladenR » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Peter_IK wrote:This sounds like the buffer size is set too low for your audio interface. Try setting that higher (high enough to voice the cracking, low enough to have the lowest latency for real-time playing).

If this does not resolve the issue, please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they will assist you directly.

------------------------------------------------------
Tnx!!
It solved my crackling problem! :D :D :D
MladenR

Postby raul.patino » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:25 pm

Hi!

It sounds like the same problem I have which is really annoying. I can't make my les paul to sound nice w/o noise and using EMG pickups. I use the iRig 2 as will with my MAC and the crackling won't go....I've seen thousands of videos of guys using the same setup and they just sound magnificent but not me ;/
raul.patino

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:13 pm

raul.patino wrote:Hi!

It sounds like the same problem I have which is really annoying. I can't make my les paul to sound nice w/o noise and using EMG pickups. I use the iRig 2 as will with my MAC and the crackling won't go....I've seen thousands of videos of guys using the same setup and they just sound magnificent but not me ;/

Please try any suggestions above and if they do not help you must open a ticket with IK Support for direct and official technical support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby madmat01 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:33 pm

I've got the same issue. Starts off fine then starts crackling, breaking up and if I don't go into the ASIO4ALL control panel, it will start affecting pitch. I've set all the latency controls as high as they'll go. Input AND output.

I'm using an iRig UA as my input device and the output is via the optical SPDiF on my motherboard out to a HT receiver. I'm pretty disheartened by this.
madmat01

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:27 am

I'm sure IK Support can help you as well:
Peter_IK wrote:Please try any suggestions above and if they do not help you must open a ticket with IK Support for direct and official technical support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby matador27 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:33 am

I have same issue. iRig HD 2.
Both with Amplitube as well as Tonebridge.
Live to Not, same annoying crackle sound.
matador27

Postby matador27 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:34 am

I have same issue. iRig HD 2.
Both with Amplitube as well as Tonebridge.
Live or Not, same annoying crackle sound.
Is there maybe a firmware update for the iRig that will fix this?
matador27

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:41 am

Peter_IK wrote:I'm sure IK Support can help you as well:
Peter_IK wrote:Please try any suggestions above and if they do not help you must open a ticket with IK Support for direct and official technical support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby drdexter33 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:08 am

Yeah I have the same problem but using the following setup

Amplitube->iRig Recorder->GarageBand and the setup is done in AudioBus.

When I record a video using just iRig, no problem but when I use Amplitube as a front end the popping sound happens..

I've been fighting this for 5 or 6 years and haven't been able to find the root cause of the problem,

[mod redacted - unnecessary and please review the rules before posting again]
drdexter33

Postby SenecaReader2 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:41 am

ASIO4ALL is trash. I use both Amplitube 4 and 5 and have no issues on my Mac. To the contrary, it's all super quiet even with a ton of gain. There is only some hiss, which is normal, and killed by the excellent noise gates.
SenecaReader2

Postby SenecaReader2 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:26 pm

the crackle thing, I had it too yesterday, I had my phone near the interface where I was plugged in
SenecaReader2

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling