Wireless Headphones

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Wireless Headphones

Postby burpootus » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:52 pm

My understanding is that Bluetooth 4 and the APTX codec have significantly reduced the latency inherent in older Bluetooth implementations. So technically there is nothing to prevent, for example, a Plantronics Backbeat Pro wireless headset and a 2016 Retina Macbook from being able to give a good experience with a guitar playing into an iRig HD and AmpliTube 4. When is IK Multimedia going to lift the restriction of outputting through bluetooth? This out of date restriction is keeping me from upgrading to wireless headphones.
burpootus

Re: Wireless Headphones

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:48 am

Thank you for the suggestion I will relay it to the team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ejsheldon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:07 am

I had a pair of Sony MDR-ZX770BT with aptx. That codec might be an improvement (latency), but it's still not nearly usable. After much research and trying several cheaper alternatives, I wound up with the Sennheiser RS185 digital RF unit. At $250 they're not cheap, but they work WAY better than any of the Bluetooth units I tried., NO latency.
ejsheldon

Postby burpootus » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:11 am

ejsheldon wrote:I had a pair of Sony MDR-ZX770BT with aptx. That codec might be an improvement (latency), but it's still not nearly usable. After much research and trying several cheaper alternatives, I wound up with the Sennheiser RS185 digital RF unit. At $250 they're not cheap, but they work WAY better than any of the Bluetooth units I tried., NO latency.

I just purchased a set of Plantronics Backbeat Pro. I played guitar through Garageband and the latency, maybe 200-300 ms, is there. I verified that the apex codec was in use. Bummer.
burpootus

Postby zenaxe » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:59 pm

Yes, you are kidding yourself if you think even the newest BT phones are going to work without interfering with the feel.

Also, most BT phones are going to be oriented toward consumer music consumption not studio monitoring and as a result you are going to get terrible presets/recordings if you dial in with non-Studio cans.
zenaxe

Postby GarryJones » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:55 am

Has anyone sampled the various product mentioned here, and can they tell which one is the best?
https://buywirelessrouternow.com/best-wireless-earbuds/
GarryJones

Postby ejsheldon » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:15 pm

I haven't tried any, because BT 5.0 Latency is still 32ms, too much for me.
ejsheldon

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling