Split: Latest GarageBand, AmpliTube 4 can't try new amps

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Split: Latest GarageBand, AmpliTube 4 can't try new amps

Postby aaronmblack » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:05 pm

I'm having this exact same problem. I tried the fix that IK Multimedia Support suggested and it didn't work. I did a screen cast of me trying the fix and it not working just to show that I followed their steps exactly. Makes the Custom Shop completely useless for me as I'm not sure that amps will even be recognized once I buy them so I'm just sticking with what's built in.
aaronmblack

Re: Split: Latest GarageBand, AmpliTube 4 can't try new amps

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Please note that you must keep Custom Shop open in the background while trying any amps. Please report back to support that you didn't miss a step according to your video and they will assist you further.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby aaronmblack » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:29 pm

I do keep the Custom Shop open. I'd be happy to message you the screen cast link so you can see all I did. I followed up with support and included the link to the screen cast and they replied "...it should work, not sure what else to do here." At this point, I'm just up a creek in terms of using the Custom Shop with Garageband. I think it has to do with the Custom Shop continually creating a temporary .plist when demoing gear that can't be copied over to the GB prefs.
aaronmblack

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:11 pm

Please reply to them that you definitely have followed the steps and they will give you additional help.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davelittlewood » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:00 am

Hi, I've got the same problem here.

Updated all the software to the latest versions, registered everything and then downloaded Slash's JCM head as a trial but I can't select in in Amplitube running as a plug in within garage band.... :?: :?: :?: :?:
davelittlewood

Postby davelittlewood » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:02 am

what is IK's work around anyway?? Copying over the .plist file to the garage band preferences folder??. Done that...didn't make any difference....
davelittlewood

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:50 am

davelittlewood wrote:what is IK's work around anyway?? Copying over the .plist file to the garage band preferences folder??. Done that...didn't make any difference....

You should open a ticket for your issue and IK Support will assist you directly based on your setup and your specific issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davelittlewood » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:00 pm

but if I buy some gear then it will appear in garageband??
davelittlewood

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:51 pm

davelittlewood wrote:but if I buy some gear then it will appear in garageband??

Yes if you purchase gear you’ll see it in Garage Band
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling