[SOLVED] Amplitube 4 updates? Midi control bugged [for me].

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 4 updates? Midi control is bugged [for me].

Postby jeepbuff » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Here is a short screen capture video of Amplitube 4 and Midi Ox side by side so you can see that the correct midi values are being sent. But only works after I select "Clear All". It also shows that selecting the plain old "Clear" actually messes it up and then needs to have a "Clear All' again. https://youtu.be/KI4wlofT5Pc
jeepbuff

Postby jeepbuff » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:50 am

I believe I figured out the solution for "preset next" and "preset previous". It seems to be working good now even after closing and restarting AT4. I have the fcb1010 and what I did, was assign cc1 and cc2 for footswitch 9 @ 124 with values of 0 for cc1 and 127 for cc2. Footswitch 10 I assigned 125 with values of 0 for cc1 and 127 for cc2. The problem seems to have been assigning low numbers for control changes.

Example......I used to have footswitch 9 assigned as 09 with values of 0 for cc1 and 127 for cc2, but changing the 09 to 124 seems to have solved the problem. And for footswitch 10, I changed the 10 to 125.

I will do more testing after work, but a few restarts now and all seems to be fine with the preset next and previous navigation.
jeepbuff

Re: Amplitube 4 updates? Midi control is bugged [SOLVED]

Postby jeepbuff » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:16 pm

Ok, forget my previous comment. There was something else I did when I changed the Control Change numbers that I forgot about and that is the solution, not the Control Change numbers. Sorry, half asleep before work messing with it and I forgot.

Here is the solution, at least for me.

I set cc1 of my FCB1010 to transmit on channel 2 and let cc2 and all the others, like Expressions and notes on channel 1. So basically I just changed cc1 to transmit on channel 2. And then in AT4, go into your midi settings and set Receive Channel to all.

I hope this works for anyone else that has these problems. I'm not sure why it works, but it works. I got home from work and did a lot more testing back and forth to make sure that is the solution and it all checks out.
jeepbuff

Postby jeepbuff » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:20 pm

Mod, you can mark my title at the end as "SOLVED"

And maybe a sticky can be added here with this solution. I can't say with absolute certainty that it will work for everyone but it wored for me. If it wouldn't work for somebody, they may have to try a different channel than 2.
jeepbuff

Re: Amplitube 4 updates? Midi control is bugged [SOLVED]

Postby Niquez » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:14 pm

Bones123 wrote:Ok, forget my previous comment. There was something else I did when I changed the Control Change numbers that I forgot about and that is the solution, not the Control Change numbers. Sorry, half asleep before work messing with it and I forgot.

Here is the solution, at least for me.

I set cc1 of my FCB1010 to transmit on channel 2 and let cc2 and all the others, like Expressions and notes on channel 1. So basically I just changed cc1 to transmit on channel 2. And then in AT4, go into your midi settings and set Receive Channel to all.

I hope this works for anyone else that has these problems. I'm not sure why it works, but it works. I got home from work and did a lot more testing back and forth to make sure that is the solution and it all checks out.

Sorry to bump a dead thread but I'm having similar problems.

Does this fix the "Scenario #2 - Stomp Boxes" issue? Or just the next preset problem?

I don't really care about the preset switching, I just want to get stomp switching to work properly, and I'm having the exact same problem mentioned in Scenario #2. You have to press the switch twice, it's like it's latched or something, even though I have latch off in Amplitube.
Niquez

Re: [SOLVED] Amplitube 4 updates? Midi control bugged [for m

Postby jeffblevins0 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:14 pm

Im using a 12step foot controller and have issues as well... paid 600 for all the goods and I see the midi light getting a signal but it doesn't function. Before doing a complete reinstall of IOS and amplitube the only thing that slightly worked was the expression pedal. 12 step works perfectly in garage band and in Abelton...however AmpliTube 4 max it doesn't work. I know this is an old thread just looking for anything that might help.
jeffblevins0

Postby viper_42 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:23 am

Same Problem here.

i have a Behringer FCB 1010 , Irig Midi 2 and Ampltube 4.
I have made the preset buttons on the pedal in CC 11 till 20.
but If i go to global midi in AT4 and i push the pedal 1(CC11) it woun't learn the midi signal from behringer.
the Volume Pedal (CC7) works like a charm.
(he only learns midi from the expression pedals CC27 and CC7)
Please help me with this one.

Best regards Viper
viper_42

Postby benk78 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:04 pm

Just a few words to say that I had a quite similar problem... I use a iRig Stomp I/O with Amplitube 5. I use the stomp as a midi Controler in order to start or stop some pedals. The fact is that I want the first switch (#C20) to switch between Gain 3 + Vol 7 to Gain 6 + Vol 4 on my amp, and I have to press the footswitch two times each time (it switch only when the light become red).
I didn't solve the issue but I've found a way to bypass it : I've put two Amps in parallel in my chain : one with Gain 3 + Vol 7 and one with Gain 6 + Vol 4. I've affected to each a volume pedal and my switch then control this two volume pedals : one position with 0% - 100% and the other with 100% - 0%. Then my switch alternate between the two amps and it's done !!
I hope it will be helpfull for you ;)
benk78

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling