[SOLVED] Amplitube 4 updates? Midi control bugged [for me].

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

[SOLVED] Amplitube 4 updates? Midi control bugged [for me].

Postby jeepbuff » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:35 am

I was wondering if there are going to be any updates for AT4. Reason I'm asking is because the Midi control section seems to be bugged out. It takes 2 pedal presses from midi foot controller to turn stomp boxes on and off, also takes 2 presses to change presets with "next" and "previous" assignments. I use my foot controller in Revalver 4 and it works perfectly. It don't need 2 presses to achieve these results. So, I'm concluding that there is a problem in AT4. Are there any planned updates to correct this problem?
jeepbuff

Re: Amplitube 4 updates? Midi control is bugged.

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:33 am

(a) Yes, I'm sure that AT4 will be updated

(b) Please report details of the specific problem you have found to Technical Support, so that it cam be raised with the Development team
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jeepbuff » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:22 pm

OK. Thanks. I will do so when I get home from work.

I just wanna point out that it is the Fcb1010.

Everywhere I read, it seems like the uno chip is being pushed to solve these issues in AmpliTube but since the fcb1010 works correctly in revalver and other programs, it concludes that it is an AmpliTube problem, not an fcb1010 problem.

Also, I watched some videos of somebody setting up the fcb1010 in an older version of AmpliTube, one that had amplitube xgear in it, and it worked perfectly. It just won't work right in AmpliTube 4.

I just don't see the point in replacing internal components of the foot controller in order to get it to work correctly in a program when it works correctly in other programs.
jeepbuff

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:00 pm

I believe the Uno chip allows for easier setup of certain functions but I don't believe it is required to use your controller with AmpliTube. As stated above, IK Support would be your best bet for assistance if the threads about the FCB1010 on this user forum were not helpful.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby smata65 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Bones123 wrote:OK. Thanks. I will do so when I get home from work.

I just wanna point out that it is the Fcb1010.

Everywhere I read, it seems like the uno chip is being pushed to solve these issues in AmpliTube but since the fcb1010 works correctly in revalver and other programs, it concludes that it is an AmpliTube problem, not an fcb1010 problem.

Also, I watched some videos of somebody setting up the fcb1010 in an older version of AmpliTube, one that had amplitube xgear in it, and it worked perfectly. It just won't work right in AmpliTube 4.

I just don't see the point in replacing internal components of the foot controller in order to get it to work correctly in a program when it works correctly in other programs.

Any standard midi controller including the FCB1010 will work with Amplitube 3 and 4, both on PC and Mac.

WIth the FCB, You can control any FX or Amp parameter, turn On/Off FX, change presets, control Wah or volume, etc. You just have to program both AT presets and the FCB to do what You want.

I would recommend that You use an editor like Ripwerx or UNO control center for the FCB. It can help to make things clearer to program what you need.

The UNO firmware is a nice addition, but is not required to work with Amplitube

Also you can find a FAQ with lots of useful information in the FCB1010 group in Yahoo

In fact xGear had limited midi capabilities compared with At 4 (I used xGear with AT 2, fender and metal back in the day, so I know)

You must send a CC value of 00 to turn a stomp or rack FX ON (Bypass=OFF) and avalue of 127 to turn the FX OFF (Bypass=ON). Also You can invert the min and max values for each CC assigned in a preset in order to alter this behavior.
smata65

Postby jeepbuff » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:37 pm

smata65 wrote:
Any standard midi controller including the FCB1010 will work with Amplitube 3 and 4, both on PC and Mac.

WIth the FCB, You can control any FX or Amp parameter, turn On/Off FX, change presets, control Wah or volume, etc. You just have to program both AT presets and the FCB to do what You want.

I would recommend that You use an editor like Ripwerx or UNO control center for the FCB. It can help to make things clearer to program what you need.

The UNO firmware is a nice addition, but is not required to work with Amplitube

Also you can find a FAQ with lots of useful information in the FCB1010 group in Yahoo

In fact xGear had limited midi capabilities compared with At 4 (I used xGear with AT 2, fender and metal back in the day, so I know)

You must send a CC value of 00 to turn a stomp or rack FX ON (Bypass=OFF) and avalue of 127 to turn the FX OFF (Bypass=ON). Also You can invert the min and max values for each CC assigned in a preset in order to alter this behavior.

First let me start off by saying that the fcb1010 works in AT4, it just don't work correctly. Let me give you 3 scenarios.

Scenario #1 - Assigning a program change under AT4 midi control.

If I populate the 000 - 127 presets under Program Change, everything works fine that way. One press of the foot switch and it switches presets. No problem with this part of the midi control in AT4.

Scenario #2 - Stomp Boxes

I program the fcb1010 foot switches with CC1 and CC2. One has a value of 0 and the other a value of 127. I then go into AT4 and learn the stompboxes. This works fine if I'm only using 1 stompbox. If I have more than 1 stompbox I want to control within a preset, everything works fine if I stay on 1 stompbox but when I then want to turn on or off the other stompbox, I have to press the foot switch twice in order to turn it on or off. What seems to be happening in AT4 is that when 1 stompbox loses the focus, the first press of the footswitch gives focus back to that stompbox and the second press of the foot switch actually turns it off or on. This don't happen in Revalver 4. 1 press of a foot switch and the corresponding stomp box turns on or off. It don't take 2 presses.

Scenario #3 - Assigning Global Control Change for "Preset Next" and "Preset Previous" in AT4

I program the foot switches with CC1 only, since this isn't sending an on/off command, it don't need 2 values, it's just telling it to go to the next or previous preset. The problem with doing this in AT4 is that.....the first press of the foot switch will go to the next preset but every press after that first press, don't do anything. It won't move the preset to the next one. When the foot switch is pressed, the little red light in bottom right of AT4 blinks, showing it is receiving the command, but it won't change the preset after the first press.

So I figured ok, I'll assign CC1 and CC2 and I'll try that. In this case I can get it to keep going to the next or previous preset, but it takes 2 presses of the foot switch to do so just as in the stomp box scenario.

There is something screwed up with the midi control code in AT4. I will continue to believe that until someone gives me a solution other than getting the uno chip. As I have said, the fcb1010 works fine in Revalver 4. No need to press foot switch twice.
jeepbuff

Re: Amplitube 4 updates? Midi control is bugged [for me].

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Someone here already told you it was working for them... If you cannot get it to work with their advice, you should contact IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and get direct assistance if the user-to-user forum isn't helping your issue.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jeepbuff » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:24 pm

He didn't say it was working for him. He said he used xgear back in the day.

On that note, after more tinkering, I found a solution for the "preset next" and "preset previous" scenario but it is only short lived. Once AT4 is shutdown and then opened back up, it don't work no more.

Here is the short lived solution.............

Open AT4, go into Control Change Global and click "Clear All" then learn the next and previous assignments. That will work great until you close down AT4. Once you open AT4 back up, it don't work. You have to do the clear all and re-learn again and it will work until you close down again. The assignments are still there when you open it back up but it won't work until you clear all and re-learn. It didn't work for the stompbox problem though. If a stompbox is off and you want to turn one on, it will turn on with one press of the switch, but if a stomp box is on and you want to turn it off, it takes 2 presses.
jeepbuff

Postby jeepbuff » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:29 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Someone here already told you it was working for them... If you cannot get it to work with their advice, you should contact IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and get direct assistance if the user-to-user forum isn't helping your issue.

Isn't this a forum to get help? Why are you cutting me off after 1 day of this thread. I'm trying to solve the problem and help others that are having the same problems. That's why there is a forum. No? I payed $600 for this AT4 max and I want to get it working right.
jeepbuff

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:01 am

Bones123 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Someone here already told you it was working for them... If you cannot get it to work with their advice, you should contact IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and get direct assistance if the user-to-user forum isn't helping your issue.

Isn't this a forum to get help? Why are you cutting me off after 1 day of this thread. I'm trying to solve the problem and help others that are having the same problems. That's why there is a forum. No? I payed $600 for this AT4 max and I want to get it working right.

I was merely pointing out that someone was trying to help and you seem to have posted an ultimatum after that did not work. The best solution to which seemed like going through the IK channels that are there for official tech support. When you say you paid $600 for a product and want it working right, that is also an indication that the official channels would be a great way to get your issue resolved.

The user that was trying to help is versed in MIDI control in all versions of AmpliTube and stated "The UNO firmware is a nice addition, but is not required to work with Amplitube" which appears to be correct. However, tech support can confirm and there's nothing stopping other users from chiming in (except possibly your apparently high level of frustration which is understandable but also to be completely honest does seem to be standoffish).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby smata65 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:52 am

Bones123 wrote:
First let me start off by saying that the fcb1010 works in AT4, it just don't work correctly. Let me give you 3 scenarios.

Scenario #1 - Assigning a program change under AT4 midi control.

If I populate the 000 - 127 presets under Program Change, everything works fine that way. One press of the foot switch and it switches presets. No problem with this part of the midi control in AT4.

Scenario #2 - Stomp Boxes

I program the fcb1010 foot switches with CC1 and CC2. One has a value of 0 and the other a value of 127. I then go into AT4 and learn the stompboxes. This works fine if I'm only using 1 stompbox. If I have more than 1 stompbox I want to control within a preset, everything works fine if I stay on 1 stompbox but when I then want to turn on or off the other stompbox, I have to press the foot switch twice in order to turn it on or off. What seems to be happening in AT4 is that when 1 stompbox loses the focus, the first press of the footswitch gives focus back to that stompbox and the second press of the foot switch actually turns it off or on. This don't happen in Revalver 4. 1 press of a foot switch and the corresponding stomp box turns on or off. It don't take 2 presses.

Scenario #3 - Assigning Global Control Change for "Preset Next" and "Preset Previous" in AT4

I program the foot switches with CC1 only, since this isn't sending an on/off command, it don't need 2 values, it's just telling it to go to the next or previous preset. The problem with doing this in AT4 is that.....the first press of the foot switch will go to the next preset but every press after that first press, don't do anything. It won't move the preset to the next one. When the foot switch is pressed, the little red light in bottom right of AT4 blinks, showing it is receiving the command, but it won't change the preset after the first press.

So I figured ok, I'll assign CC1 and CC2 and I'll try that. In this case I can get it to keep going to the next or previous preset, but it takes 2 presses of the foot switch to do so just as in the stomp box scenario.

There is something screwed up with the midi control code in AT4. I will continue to believe that until someone gives me a solution other than getting the uno chip. As I have said, the fcb1010 works fine in Revalver 4. No need to press foot switch twice.

Bones123

Regarding Your other post, sorry if i wasn't clear. I'm using the FCB with AT4 (and AT3 before that) to turn stommps and rack FX ON/OFF amongst other things.

Reagrding Scenario #2

I have always used more than one FS to control stomps or rack FX in my presets without problems, both. with stock and UNO firmwares

As long as you don't send another PC betwen stomps (even if it's the same PC), You should not have a problem.

Alternatively, You could use the latch function for CC controls in you presets, and use only one CC value per stomp.

The UNO chip is useful to show ON/OFF status in your stomps, and does not need to use the second CC in order to enable toggle behavior for a FS, but it sends the same mid commands to the host application. I don't thin it would solve the problem that you are expriencing.

I don't thinh it is a bug, as this does not happen in my, and other user's cases. Either, there is something wrong with your programming of the FCB (No offense, just a possibility) in which case the use of Ripwerx or UNO control center could help you, or there is something wrong with your installation, in which case support would be your best option as Peter has recommended.

Hope this helps
smata65

Postby jeepbuff » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:20 am

I do use the FCB1010 editor for PC. Its not ripwerx or uno control center because I don't have the uno chip I would have given up long ago if I had to do everything from the controller without an editor.
jeepbuff

Postby smata65 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:50 am

UNO control center works with stock Behringer firmware. The latest version of Ripwerx works with UNO firmware, but previous versions work with stock firmware too.

Several years ago, I tried The mountain systems editor, but ended up preferring Ripwerx. I've just downloaded the latest version of Mountain systems FCB Editor, and it seems like it should work for You. I loaded some of my sysex files with no problems. I'll try to use this editor with my FCB later in the week and report on that.

The point that I would like to stress here is, that the FCB1010 can turn ON/OFF multiple stompboxes in one preset with just one FS press. I don't experience the behavior that You describe.

You already have indicated that You use alternate 00 and 127 values for CC commands in Your FCB, Yet You must press a FS more than once to change the FX status, when using multiple stompboxes/FS.

If You are positive that your programming is correct, then You should raise a support ticket, so they can check why Amplitube is not behaving as expected
smata65

Postby jeepbuff » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:10 am

The Mountain Editor is the one I use also. I have put in a ticket for the "preset next" and "preset previous" problem. I'll take it one thing at a time with support. If and when I get that solved, I will go on to the next problem. Yes, I am positive I am using cc1 @ 127 and cc2 @ 0 for each foot switch I want to control a stompbox. I have also reverted them and tried cc1 @ 0 and cc2 @ 127. It still ends up the same. Right now I just want to get the "preset next" and "preset previous" to stick once I close down AT4. I can get it to work as I have stated in a previous post but when I close down AT4 and reopen it, it wont work unless I clear all and re-learn. I don't know what's going on.
jeepbuff

Postby jeepbuff » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:14 am

Support finally got back to me and asked if I would show them a video. I thought I would share here also. Support says it is odd behavior. I also did a clean install of windows 10 and still no go. Here's a video of what is happening. https://youtu.be/Gdmh_XoBCeA
jeepbuff

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling