Amplitube 4 import presets from A3

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 import presets from A3

Postby mehrdadp » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:27 pm

I just installed my Amplitube 4. Can I preserve my Presets from A3 and import into A4? :?:
Also, Do I have to uninstall A3 now that I have A4? I see both applications in my macbook pro laptop.
mehrdadp

Re: Amplitube 4 import presets from A3

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:11 pm

Yes, in the preset dropdown you should see "Import Legacy Presets..." as a menu option.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chris_t46 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:51 am

I have tried this and it doesn't work
chris_t46

Postby jerryratpack » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:31 am

chris_t46 wrote:I have tried this and it doesn't work

Not sure if you are experiencing a different problem, but, You need to know where your A3 presets and patches are. After I select import legacy presets from the drop down, I had to hit "browse" and go to the folder which they resided for the root directory. Once I found them, it then asks you to name a folder , hot ok, and then on the screen it says " importing legacy presets " or something like that.

In my case, I had to go to "C" - users - the name of my laptop - my documents - IK multimedia - Amplitube - patches - and / Presets.
jerryratpack

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:53 pm

If neither of our suggestions work, please contact support for direct assistance (please provide more details than "it doesn't work" if possible) and they will assist you: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chris_t46 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Sorted thankyou
chris_t46

Postby frankben » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:34 am

If importing is not working then just change the extention at3p to at4p.

ACDC.at3p is then ACDC.at4p :P
frankben

Postby terrybuchanan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:48 pm

frankben wrote:If importing is not working then just change the extention at3p to at4p.

ACDC.at3p is then ACDC.at4p

As silly as that initially sounded, it DID work. In fact, one of the preset files had no extension at all on it; it was just an _ (underscore) at the end of the filename. the others were version 3 extensions, and none of them worked, until i changed the 3 to a 4 in the extension name.

thanks
terrybuchanan

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling