Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4!

Postby mcintalker » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:09 pm

Have I forgotten how to do this or is it just not possible?

I have $55 gear credits and want to apply them to my AT4 preorder.

I assumed I could do it this way, but don't see how in CS.

Thanks
Michael
mcintalker

Postby smata65 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:34 pm

You can use either credits or money, not a combination. In order to use You existing credits, purchase 50 gear credits (use Your Jampoints if you have them for up to 30% of the cost), and then purchase AT4 with 100 credits in the Custom Shop
smata65

Postby mcintalker » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Thank you, smata65. I thought that I had in fact bought some IK thing previously, with some credits and part cash, but am glad to know.

So, I will do it "the IK way"! LOL

Michael
mcintalker

Postby nevillesingular » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:34 am

I've been teetering on the verge of dropping Amplitube in recent months, and I had a bit of a public flounce over another IKM product a week or two ago, so I was ready to move completely to another product. But then IKM had to go and announce Amplitube 4, fer flip's sake.

I've been very, very impressed by the newer generation of IKM models, from the JH Gold onwards. I'm particularly fond of the Dr Z Maz for cleans, and I have to say, the new Mesa Boogie models are superb - the Mark IV is instant Allan Holdsworth. So the announcement of A4 may have brought me back from the brink, especially considering how little it costs. But...

There are still significant gaps in the model lineup that completely baffle me, in particular:

A bunch of Marshall models is music to my ears, but - wait - no Plexi? Surely the 1959 Super Lead is the cornerstone of rock guitar tone? Why for the love of all that's holy would you release a series of Marshall sims and omit the very amp that defined the brand? If you modelled guitars rather than amps, would you do a Gibson line that omitted the Les Paul? I know we've got the JTM45-based JH Gold, and very good it is too, but that amp has a quite different character to the Plexi. There's the Slash AFD, but that's a modern interpretation of the Plexi with an overheated midrange. And the new models will include a Marshall Major, but that has a completely different output stage to the Plexi.

Seriously, this is like creating the ultimate supercar but not bothering to put wheels on it.

What's the thinking behind this? Is there something in the pipeline that will fill this gap? I really hope so. Otherwise, it's another logic-defying almost-but-not-quite step for IKM. Which brings me to that other glaring gap that we users have been harping about for years with no response:

Some big names used the Marshall Major that's included in the new generation of Amplitube. Mick Ronson and Richie Blackmore spring to mind. But here's the thing: they used it in conjunction with a treble booster! Ronson used the Rangemaster, Blackmore used the JHS, but they're more or less the same idea. And still, after all this time, despite EVERY OTHER RIVAL PRODUCT, EVEN GARAGEBAND providing a treble booster, Amplitube does not. I'm going to revive the other thread about this - and make one last desperate offer - but it's gotten beyond ridiculous. Please provide this most basic and ubiquitous of effects. You're being left behind by amateur products like Garageband, for goodness sake.
RATLINES by Stuart Neville - Your country or your conscience? January 2013

"It's a belter." - Ian Rankin, "Simply superb." - Mark Billingham
nevillesingular

Postby mjruggiero » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:35 pm

faintpariah wrote:Does anyone know when A4 will be released?

According to the Sweetwater page, Amplitube 4 is slated to be released on Oct 17.
Of course this is all subject to change.
mjruggiero

Postby ad9798 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Would AmpliTube 4 can be used in Full Screen mode in Macbook(OS X)?
ad9798

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:19 pm

mjruggiero wrote:
faintpariah wrote:Does anyone know when A4 will be released?

According to the Sweetwater page, Amplitube 4 is slated to be released on Oct 17.
Of course this is all subject to change.

That is slated to change as that is not the correct date, we have not specified a date. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mv2112 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:18 pm

The guitarist in me says at the price it was a no-brainer to click buy especially after the pre-order and long term user discount was applied, the tweakability looks to be unmatched at a time when the built-in amps in Garageband/Logic are really becoming quite usable. I'm loving the idea of speaker swaps and can't wait for release day!

However the bass player in me is sincerely hoping for some more announcements on the Custom Shop, Amplitube is way overdue for a little bit of bass love. Where's the more modern studio stalwarts - Hartke, Ashdown, Eden, SWR? (edit: I notice looking at the AT4 screenshots a new Ampeg cab and an 8x10 Orange so somethings in the works... any hints?)

Come on surely a Studio Bass add-on pack could be a real hit and cleanup the competition with a bundle of specific mic's (even some drum mics as some producers have done), a handful of diverse studio bass rigs, and maybe even an Aguilar or SansAmp RBI DI setup?
mv2112

Postby n2mpujack » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:13 pm

mfv2112 wrote:The guitarist in me says at the price it was a no-brainer to click buy especially after the pre-order and long term user discount was applied, the tweakability looks to be unmatched at a time when the built-in amps in Garageband/Logic are really becoming quite usable. I'm loving the idea of speaker swaps and can't wait for release day!

However the bass player in me is sincerely hoping for some more announcements on the Custom Shop, Amplitube is way overdue for a little bit of bass love. Where's the more modern studio stalwarts - Hartke, Ashdown, Eden, SWR? (edit: I notice looking at the AT4 screenshots a new Ampeg cab and an 8x10 Orange so somethings in the works... any hints?)

Come on surely a Studio Bass add-on pack could be a real hit and cleanup the competition with a bundle of specific mic's (even some drum mics as some producers have done), a handful of diverse studio bass rigs, and maybe even an Aguilar or SansAmp RBI DI setup?

If you're talking about the speaker cabs in the room pictures I see an Orange 4x12 not an 8x10 but even so there is an Orange 8x10 in the Orange amp package. And the Ampeg cab I see looks like the one for the Portaflex from the Ampeg package.

That being said I wouldn't mind seeing a few more bass ampa; a Hartke line with the different speaker cone types and a Marshall Super Bass would be nice.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby marquez333 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:58 pm

Forgive me if this question was already answered, but I don't feel like reading all 7 pages! I just pre-ordered Amplitube 4. What's the next step? Will I be sent a link to download it in October?
marquez333

Postby pastorbob » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:36 pm

I think amplitube 4 looks like a great upgrade. However after just buying amplitube 3 a few months ago I feel cheated.Not sure I want to stay with a company that does this. There has to be a limit to how these companies treat their customers Nothing was said about a new version till after I bought version 3.I would have waited especial with it only being $99. I paid 70 for version 3. Doesn't seem right.
pastorbob

Postby n2mpujack » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:31 pm

pastorbob wrote:I think amplitube 4 looks like a great upgrade. However after just buying amplitube 3 a few months ago I feel cheated.Not sure I want to stay with a company that does this. There has to be a limit to how these companies treat their customers Nothing was said about a new version till after I bought version 3.I would have waited especial with it only being $99. I paid 70 for version 3. Doesn't seem right.

Be thankful you only paid $70 for AT3; full price is way more than that. Also look at it this way - with AT3 you get a lot of the stuff that isn't in AT4 which is all people are getting if they had waited and just purchased AT4. You'd have to buy stuff ala carte.

Besides AT4 has long been in the rumor mill and also been mentioned here on the forums. so you can't say you didn't know about it. It's just the release date that was in doubt.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby pastorbob » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:44 pm

I don't spend time in forums. Just saw that the price dropped so I bought it.
Now I see 4 is coming out at only 99. I would have waited. That's all I'm saying.
pastorbob

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:53 pm

pastorbob wrote:I think amplitube 4 looks like a great upgrade. However after just buying amplitube 3 a few months ago I feel cheated.Not sure I want to stay with a company that does this. There has to be a limit to how these companies treat their customers Nothing was said about a new version till after I bought version 3.I would have waited especial with it only being $99. I paid 70 for version 3. Doesn't seem right.

AmpliTube 4 does not have the gear that AmpliTube 3 contains. You have 160 pieces of gear, the only overlap is what already is free in AmpliTube Custom Shop today for everybody. They are completely different products, for example you would only have the five amps in AmpliTube 4 had you waited - if you get both you'd have tons of gear for less than what AmpliTube 3 costs right now...
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby n2mpujack » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:13 am

Peter_IK wrote:

AmpliTube 4 does not have the gear that AmpliTube 4 contains. You have 160 pieces of gear, the only overlap is what already is free in AmpliTube Custom Shop today for everybody. They are completely different products, for example you would only have the five amps in AmpliTube 4 had you waited - if you get both you'd have tons of gear for less than what AmpliTube 3 costs right now...

A lot of people don't realize the truth of the latter statement you make.

One correction: didn't you mean to say 'Amplitube 4 does not have the gear Amplitube 3 contains'? :P

Can't wait for AT4. I have a question that I think may have been answered somewheres but I forget now: how will we know we have AT4 available to those of us who preordered?
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling