Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4!

Postby drchek » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:31 pm

zulujos wrote:I have been sorting through the whole Amplitube sector and now Amplitube 4 comes out. So educate me. This is not Amplitube 3 with added features, [i]is it?
From what I understand A3 has a whole host of amps and pedals, unlike Amplitube CS. I see nothing in this description that leads me to believe this is a new and improved A3. Sounds to me like it's an improved Amplitube CS or an upgrade for A3.

A4 is BOTH new and improved from A3. You get NEW Amps, NEW cabinet room functionality and NEW effects routing that won't be available in A3. You also get the IMPROVEMENT of being able to use all your A3 gear with these new features that won't be possible in A3.
drchek

Postby zulujos » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:21 pm

And if you so far don't possess an Amplitube product what does A4 get you?
zulujos

Postby Shithawk » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:07 am

zulujos wrote:And if you so far don't possess an Amplitube product what does A4 get you?

From what I can tell, not much. I thought Amplitube 4 was a new version of Amplitube as we know it but its not really. To my knowledge, you don't get any stock library of amps and effects from A3 so its really like starting from scratch for new users. A4 is a new platform with some new features but also relies on new users buying A3 or CS gear to populate their amp collection (beyond 5 Marshalls). I recommended A4 to a guitarist friend who said he'd need to buy A4, A3 and a substantial amount on CS gear to get the setup with Amplitube proper. A4 seems like an A3 upgrade not a new Amplitube. Fair value for existing users, probably an expensive option for new users if any variety is required.

Also, THIRD time lucky or maybe I missed the reply? How does CPU usage for A4 compare with A3? Fair question for those who might be running multiple instances in a DAW.
Shithawk

Postby smata65 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:34 am

**** wrote:A4 seems like an A3 upgrade not a new Amplitube. Fair value for existing users, probably an expensive option for new users if any variety is required.

AT3 before september 2012 cost $349.99

AT 3 today costs $199.99 AT4 costs (Without the preorder price) $149.99

For a new user AT4 + AT3 = $349.98 how is this an expensive proposition compared to what AT3 cost originally when new?

From my point of view this "upgrade" scheme is way better both for existing and new customers.For an existing user, you get all you gear into the AT4 platform for a very low cost.
For a new customer, you decide exactly what to get, even to the point of individual amps, effects, etc. You want the full AT4 + AT3 experience, no problem, want AT4 alone, no problem, want AT4 and Mesa/boogie, done, and on and on.
smata65

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:20 am

**** wrote:
zulujos wrote:And if you so far don't possess an Amplitube product what does A4 get you?

From what I can tell, not much. I thought Amplitube 4 was a new version of Amplitube as we know it but its not really. To my knowledge, you don't get any stock library of amps and effects from A3 so its really like starting from scratch for new users. A4 is a new platform with some new features but also relies on new users buying A3 or CS gear to populate their amp collection (beyond 5 Marshalls). I recommended A4 to a guitarist friend who said he'd need to buy A4, A3 and a substantial amount on CS gear to get the setup with Amplitube proper. A4 seems like an A3 upgrade not a new Amplitube. Fair value for existing users, probably an expensive option for new users if any variety is required.

Also, THIRD time lucky or maybe I missed the reply? How does CPU usage for A4 compare with A3? Fair question for those who might be running multiple instances in a DAW.

Not much? You get quite a lot (and yes you get some previous gear - the gear you get free currently in AmpliTube Custom Shop), especially for the price! Check out http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/am ... 4cs-gearin
What's inside
AmpliTube 4 is all about hyper-realistic tone and hyper-realistic playing feel. You get:

• 10 Stompbox Models – Acoustic Sim, Chorus, Flanger, Opto Tremolo, Delay, Wah Pedal, Diode Overdrive, Compressor, Graphic EQ, Volume Pedal (can be controlled by external controller)
  • 9 Amplifiers – 5 Classic British Amps: Brit 8000, Brit 9000, Red Pig, Brit Silver and Brit Valve Pre, plus American Tube Clean 1, American Tube Clean 2, British Tube Lead 1, Solid State Bass Preamp
  • 10 Cabinets – 4x12 Brit 8000, 4x12 Brit 9000, 4x12 Red Pig, 4x12 Brit Silver, 4x12 Brit 30, 4x10 Open Vintage, 1x12 Open Vintage, 2x12 Closed Vintage, 4x12 Closed Vintage 1, 1x15 Bass Vintage
  • 29 vintage and modern individual speaker models
  • 3 Microphones – Dynamic 57, Condenser 414, Condenser 87
  • 2 Rack Effects Units – Digital Delay & Parametric EQ
  • 2 Tuners – UltraTuner plus a Fully chromatic rack tuner

If you currently own any versions of AmpliTube, all of your gear can be integrated into AmpliTube 4 by using the “restore my gear” feature in the Custom Shop. Plus, you can add any gear to your virtual guitar/bass rig at any time, day or night, with just a few simple clicks of your mouse.

If you have a technical CPU usage question you can try to ask support but we're in preorder so that's not the kind of information forum mods or admins will have at this time. If your computer meets the specs (go to the Specs page on the AmpliTube 4 section of our site to find out) it should be fine and within the acceptable limits and usage as AmpliTube 3 would have with a computer in the context of its specifications.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:28 am

smata65 wrote:
**** wrote:A4 seems like an A3 upgrade not a new Amplitube. Fair value for existing users, probably an expensive option for new users if any variety is required.

AT3 before september 2012 cost $349.99

AT 3 today costs $199.99 AT4 costs (Without the preorder price) $149.99

For a new user AT4 + AT3 = $349.98 how is this an expensive proposition compared to what AT3 cost originally when new?

From my point of view this "upgrade" scheme is way better both for existing and new customers.For an existing user, you get all you gear into the AT4 platform for a very low cost.
For a new customer, you decide exactly what to get, even to the point of individual amps, effects, etc. You want the full AT4 + AT3 experience, no problem, want AT4 alone, no problem, want AT4 and Mesa/boogie, done, and on and on.

Not to mention the very recent promotion where AmpliTube 3 was $69.99! All of that gear and then for another $99.99 you get what I posted above AND pull all of the previous gear into AmpliTube 4 to use with the Cab Room environments, the dual moveable mics 3D space, speaker swapping/interaction between speakers, etc...

And not to mention on top of that any JamPoints applied to either/both of those (or even to full price which is still an excellent deal), Gear Credits with their already built-in bulk discount AND a recent promotion where we gave bonus Gear Credits... I could go on, but I think it is pretty clear.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Shithawk » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:35 am

That sounds good Peter, glad my friend had it wrong, thats a good deal for any new user at $99.
A CPU usage indication would be handy though, I'm sure im not the only one running 5 or 6 instances concurrently in a DAW. Standalone not a concern. I can't imagine this info isn't available.
Also, A4 is a separate install so I can run A3 and A4 as separate plugins? No interference?
Shithawk

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:49 am

**** wrote:That sounds good Peter, glad my friend had it wrong, thats a good deal for any new user at $99.
A CPU usage indication would be handy though, I'm sure im not the only one running 5 or 6 instances concurrently in a DAW. Standalone not a concern. I can't imagine this info isn't available.
Also, A4 is a separate install so I can run A3 and A4 as separate plugins? No interference?

No problem. I doubt even support would give specific CPU usage until there is a very near-release date release candidate ready, but you can inquire with them.

AmpliTube 4 is a separate plugin so you are correct - you can run AmpliTube 3 and 4 separately.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby faintpariah » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:05 am

Does anyone know when A4 will be released?
faintpariah

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:18 am

Peter has said that it is planned for this October; no specific date has been announced.

Of course, the pre-order price will be withdrawn at the same time as AT4 is released.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby faintpariah » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:32 am

Thanks, DS.

And I've already preordered A4.

Got A3 last month for €69 but used a pile of jam points, too. Then bought 200 gear credits and for 60 free in the promotion a couple of weeks ago to add to the 10 free from custom shop. I used some of these to buy A4. The 200 gear credits alone cost about the same as the full price of A4.

A pretty good deal, methinks.
faintpariah

Postby gusstratocaster » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:45 am

Hi.... October??? What a day???

8-) 8-) 8-)
gusstratocaster

Postby obispojoe » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:55 am

What happens to the included presets from AT3 and other custom presets created in AT3 when using AT4? Do they get imported?
obispojoe

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:32 am

gusstratocaster wrote:Hi.... October??? What a day???

8-) 8-) 8-)

There is no specific date at this time, we'll share a specific date when available.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:33 am

jborzellino wrote:What happens to the included presets from AT3 and other custom presets created in AT3 when using AT4? Do they get imported?

In the early build I've used they are all there and there is an "Import legacy presets" function in AmpliTube 4. I also saved an AT3 preset from the Preset XChange directly into the appropriate folder and it worked without issue.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling