Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:24 am

You should run the installer you download and it shouldn't need to reauthorize. The amp volume issues previously reported should be fixed in AmpliTube 4. If you are still experiencing similar issues please let support know and they will help you out. Thanks.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PB26AT » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:34 am

Just took AT4 for a spin and it is the real deal. Forget about all the new options for a minute -- I AB'd the same amb/cab/etc. combo in AT3 vs AT4, both standalones open at the same time (muting one, then switching over) and the sound quality is night and day better in AT4. With high gain patches the tone is so much fatter and there is no fizziness. In AT3 I had to use an EQ to cut out the high-end fizz on heavy rhythm stuff; with AT4, not necessary and the tone is so much thicker and in your face.

The single best feature of the new version is the speaker swapping. My goodness, how awesome. So many choices, so many super cool tones -- and really authentic sounding. IK totally hit this one out of the park. This is a serious upgrade, folks.
PB26AT

Postby Oscat101 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:07 am

chicagobears316 wrote:Also someone else mentioned that a few amp models are really quiet. any tips/work arounds?

If you open AT4 to default, Under the GAIN knob for the amp model on the screen, click on PRE MODEL to display a menu of available amp models and pick one from there. They are working better.
This points to a problem with the presets for these certain models.
Suggested by support.
Amplitube 3.5,SVX, Fender, Amplitube 2, Metal, JimiHendrix,TRacksCs Grand 4.1,SampleTank 3,Kontakt Player.
Win10 64 bit with Cubase 7.5x, 64 bit TCElectronicKonnekt 24D, MAudio Axiom 49 and a Alpha track.
i7 2600 3.8 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, 512 Gb SSD.
Oscat101

Postby richpjr » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:46 am

I am pretty happy with the new release, especially playing with the cabs and speakers.
richpjr

Postby Shithawk » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:38 am

Well done IKM on the AT4 Marshall models. Very nice! ;)
Shithawk

Postby futrina » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:58 am

frazzman wrote:So when will we be able to demo the new amps and cab modelling ? The demo is relatively pointless without being able to try the main features of the product.

Well some people say here that new signal chain, cab room and mixer of AT4 make your existing gear sound much better and realistic. Hmmm... I bought stuff from custom shop for 250 euros lately, now if i want the same gear sound better i need to pay another 150 euros without demo, crossgrade option, etc What if i don't need new vintage amps? What if i don't need a new multitrack recording option? What if i just need an improved sound of my existing gear?

Well, good move IK.
futrina

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:52 pm

There is no crossgrade, but existing customers would be able to use the existing customer loyalty program called JamPoints in order to get a better price on AmpliTube 4. Please see http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints/ if you are not familiar with them and you can get your balance in your IK User Area under "JamPoints"
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carltonec » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:31 am

This has probably been answered already, but should we expect an Amplitube 4 area on the preset exchange soon?
carltonec

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:02 pm

carltonec wrote:This has probably been answered already, but should we expect an Amplitube 4 area on the preset exchange soon?

Yes.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zenaxe » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:59 pm

futrina wrote:[
Well some people say here that new signal chain, cab room and mixer of AT4 make your existing gear sound much better and realistic. Hmmm... I bought stuff from custom shop for 250 euros lately, now if i want the same gear sound better i need to pay another 150 euros without demo, crossgrade option, etc What if i don't need new vintage amps? What if i don't need a new multitrack recording option? What if i just need an improved sound of my existing gear?

Well, good move IK.

You heard wrong. As long as you are not using the new cab room features the amp/stomp models all sound identical, I have toyed running no cab mode out to a power am + cab and AT3 and AT4 sound and feel the same with legacy models. What IK REALLY needs to do is go back and upgrade all the amp models prior to the Mesa and AT4 MArshalls which are a definite cut above all their previous models.

As for the CAB room making your amps sound better when you use a full signal chain: of course it does. CABs are a huge part of your sound and the multi mics. rooms, positional options, and speaker swapping all make a big impact.

The cost of AT4 is well worth it for the new Marshall models plus the cab room and speaker models. If you don't want to pay for the new CAB room, don't, your amp models are no better or worse than someone running v4. IMHO.
zenaxe

Postby emurphy94108 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:27 pm

I've been doing some online research trying to figure out which speakers are modeled on which real speakers. Most of them are Celestions, naturally, and in many cases I've been able to infer which specific Celestions they're modeled on (e.g., G12M-25, Vintage 30, G12-80, etc.). The '65 Twin Reverb "American 12k" is probably the Jensen C12k, and the "California Red" is probably the JBL D120F Fender used in Silverface Twins from the late 60s. I assume the "EV Darkness" in the Boogie combo amps is probably an Electro-Voice EVM12L, since there weren't too many single drivers in the 70s and 80s that could handle the output from a 90-watt amp.

But this is mostly educated guesswork. I'd be interested to hear opinions more informed than mine, for such speakers as the "Metal V1200" in the 5150 cabs, and what Roland used in their Jazz Chorus 120s.
emurphy94108

Postby zenaxe » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:34 pm

emurphy94108 wrote: I'd be interested to hear opinions more informed than mine, for such speakers as the "Metal V1200" in the 5150 cabs

Sheffield 1200s
zenaxe

Postby emurphy94108 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:37 pm

Thanks! That's going on my list. :-)
emurphy94108

Postby jjguitar » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:19 am

emurphy94108 wrote:I've been doing some online research trying to figure out which speakers are modeled on which real speakers. Most of them are Celestions, naturally, and in many cases I've been able to infer which specific Celestions they're modeled on (e.g., G12M-25, Vintage 30, G12-80, etc.). The '65 Twin Reverb "American 12k" is probably the Jensen C12k, and the "California Red" is probably the JBL D120F Fender used in Silverface Twins from the late 60s. I assume the "EV Darkness" in the Boogie combo amps is probably an Electro-Voice EVM12L, since there weren't too many single drivers in the 70s and 80s that could handle the output from a 90-watt amp.

But this is mostly educated guesswork. I'd be interested to hear opinions more informed than mine, for such speakers as the "Metal V1200" in the 5150 cabs, and what Roland used in their Jazz Chorus 120s.

saw this on the gear page:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index. ... 127/page-5
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Rip off price

Postby chriswal33 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:30 pm

I've only just bought Amplitube 3, and having noticed the latest version 4, presumed I could upgrade for a reasonable fee.
But no, it appears I have to fork out 149 euros.
No, don't think I'll be doing this. Or buying any other IKM products. Ever again.
chriswal33

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling