Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

Postby baj2k » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:57 am

I pre-ordered Amplitube 4 and now I see you have Amplitube 4 Deluxe. If I would have known there was going to be a Deluxe version I would have pre-ordered that.

Is there any way to go from Amplitube 4 to Amplitube 4 Deluxe as an upgrade?
baj2k

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:04 am

baj2k wrote:I pre-ordered Amplitube 4 and now I see you have Amplitube 4 Deluxe. If I would have known there was going to be a Deluxe version I would have pre-ordered that.

Is there any way to go from Amplitube 4 to Amplitube 4 Deluxe as an upgrade?

There is no option in Custom Shop or in the online store. If you wish to make a request for such an upgrade, the best bet would be to contact support to see if there are any options of which the mods/admins of the forum are unaware. Thanks.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Greycaster » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:17 pm

I have to say, the new effects loop and the individual speaker selection features are worth the price of admission alone. Interesting to see how rack effects like chorus and digital reverb sound so different when place in the effects loop but the ability to customize your speaker cab with different individual speakers is amazing. I'm getting tones that I couldn't dream of in A3. Anyone on the fence about buying or upgrading to A4 , well, don't be. There are some bugs that are disappointing, for sure and will hopefully get fixed soon but right now I couldn't be happier. Great job IK Multimedia.
Greycaster

Postby ckharr » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:02 am

Greycaster wrote:I'm getting tones that I couldn't dream of in A3. Anyone on the fence about buying or upgrading to A4 , well, don't be.

+1

I'm cashing in my 1st post on this forum to second this. The 5 included amps cover a huge array of tones. I spent all day today making a Godflesh-influenced track using the JCM9000 model for guitars, and it sound trully amazing. It blows the A3 tones I got with the 5150, Triple Rec, and Marshall models out of the water. I was very worried about buying A4 without having played any of the amps on a trial period, but it turned out to be wonderful. I'm very happy with it.
ckharr

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:06 am

ckharr wrote:
Greycaster wrote:I'm getting tones that I couldn't dream of in A3. Anyone on the fence about buying or upgrading to A4 , well, don't be.

+1

I'm cashing in my 1st post on this forum to second this. The 5 included amps cover a huge array of tones. I spent all day today making a Godflesh-influenced track using the JCM9000 model for guitars, and it sound trully amazing. It blows the A3 tones I got with the 5150, Triple Rec, and Marshall models out of the water. I was very worried about buying A4 without having played any of the amps on a trial period, but it turned out to be wonderful. I'm very happy with it.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the kind words! Glad you are enjoying AmpliTube 4.

Also, thank you to Greycaster for the kind words too. And anybody I may have missed :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby barrybritten » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:40 am

Congrats for AmpliTube 4. loving the new interface and speaker cab and speaker config. after spending some time getting mic levels' output' master levels dialled in everything sounds more crisp and alive for a better word compared to AmpliTube 3 playing seems a little more dynamic. early days yet but well done.
barrybritten

Postby joflo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:05 am

For a pitty AT4 is full of Bugs, as i already stated above.

Problems with ASIO-Drivers, Problems with "Saving" and more.

I still have the problem on some Stock-Presets like the JCM9000 Crunch or the Valve Preamp Clean, if you change something -at least the Volumes- it won't save this, but instead the American Tube 1. And i can NOT change it back. Dialing in the Valve Preamp again (on the Amp itself) brings it up -yeah- but change to another preset and coming back to this one................... the American Tube 1 is selected :roll:

Edit: i just tested out the VST-Version. The mentioned problem is not there. It seems its only affecting the Standalone-Version!
joflo

Postby christian_derdul » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:39 am

Really cool update sounds great! Still getting the same lower output volume on some of models as I did in 3.15 though.

Also the manual says you can use any stomp or rack in any position- stomp, effects loops, or or rack. I have all the stomp boxes minus one I believe, but a lot of the options are missing or not available for this feature. No Fender flanger or triangle chorus in the stomp, no T-Rex Moller, Mudhoney, in insert or rack section etc...

Can Peter or someone confirm that every pedal should be available in all positions?
christian_derdul

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:46 am

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby takosupreme » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:44 pm

I can't figure out how to remove Amplitube 3 and instead, use Amplitube 4 with Logic 9.

Do I have to delete Amplitube 3 completely off my computer?
takosupreme

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:56 pm

I would not do that - you never know when you want to load one of your old projects that uses AT3.

Think of AT4 as a different plug-in, that happens to be able to load AT3 gear models.

And, remember that AT4 is 64-bit only so you will need to run Logic 9 in 64-bit mode (is that possible?).

As for replacing AT3 by AT4 in a project, please have a look at:
http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10977
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby takosupreme » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:17 pm

DarkStar wrote:I would not do that - you never know when you want to load one of your old projects that uses AT3.

Think of AT4 as a different plug-in, that happens to be able to load AT3 gear models.

And, remember that AT4 is 64-bit only so you will need to run Logic 9 in 64-bit mode (is that possible?).

Man, thanks for your help. I keep forgetting that AT4 is 64bit only.
takosupreme

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:25 pm

joflo wrote:For a pitty AT4 is full of Bugs, as i already stated above.

Problems with ASIO-Drivers, Problems with "Saving" and more.

I still have the problem on some Stock-Presets like the JCM9000 Crunch or the Valve Preamp Clean, if you change something -at least the Volumes- it won't save this, but instead the American Tube 1. And i can NOT change it back. Dialing in the Valve Preamp again (on the Amp itself) brings it up -yeah- but change to another preset and coming back to this one................... the American Tube 1 is selected :roll:

Edit: i just tested out the VST-Version. The mentioned problem is not there. It seems its only affecting the Standalone-Version!

Some people have issues (most of which are not global issues either), as with any software release. It is hardly "full of bugs". Please report your issues to support and they will help you. As noted in separate posts about it, I was not able to recreate your mentioned issue, and there's no need for an eyeball. Let's keep it civil and realistic. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby n2mpujack » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:05 pm

DarkStar wrote:I would not do that - you never know when you want to load one of your old projects that uses AT3.

AT3 and AT4 play nicely together on the same machine and same boot partition. I've even had both open at the same time.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby christian_derdul » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:13 am

Hey thanks for the link to the thread DarkStar. Not sure how I missed that. Anyway at first glance it seemed to make sense as it probably wouldn't sound so good to use some stuff in certain places in the chain. It would be fun to experiment though, I mean the Fender Triangle Chorus as a stomp in front of the chain might sound pretty cool!
christian_derdul

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling