Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

Postby Savage1969 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:37 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Sounds like the only mess is what to play through first, most, and for how long!

In all fairness, Peter, I must concede to that point of view. Point taken.
Savage1969

Postby nevillesingular » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:39 pm

Peter_IK wrote:This FAQ details the location of IK manuals installed: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2497

Thanks, got it. I do think a breakdown of the speakers and their characteristics would be useful - even just a "based on" list. The cab list doesn't detail the speakers in every case, and certain cabs haven't carried over from A3 (like the 4x12 J120, for example - though the California Red speakers are in the list).

And I'd still love to know which version of the JCM800 has been modelled; I'm getting a pretty good Plexi tone by balancing the Master and Preamp levels, so I'm guessing it's one without the diode clipping - like a 2203 - but it's hard to be sure.
RATLINES by Stuart Neville - Your country or your conscience? January 2013

"It's a belter." - Ian Rankin, "Simply superb." - Mark Billingham
nevillesingular

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Savage1969 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Sounds like the only mess is what to play through first, most, and for how long!

In all fairness, Peter, I must concede to that point of view. Point taken.

:) I felt a familiarity with that group of gear when I listed it so I was making the point in a positive way at least - I recall getting a similar boatload of gear including some artist/licensed gear and AT3 gear as my first foray into AmpliTube and IK in general before I worked here. It was like Christmas morning x 5,000, especially compared to scrimping and saving for hardware and sometimes being left disappointed long-term with expensive purchases. I still LOVE hardware too but the tools we have at the price we pay today is just mind-boggling and sometimes I get a bit of shell shock when I compare to the days before these advances.

OK, I'll stop before I get into not missing razor blades to edit tape and tell people to get off my lawn. Just wanted to say we are experiencing a great time in music creation and I enjoy a workflow that is indicative of how I learned and experienced a very "transitional" time in recording technology. I could have lived without some of the 80s and 90s fashions (and some of the thin, tinny, reverb-laden sounds of the 80s) but a lot of the rest of it was pretty cool to come up "through" and into where we are now.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:47 pm

nevillesingular wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:This FAQ details the location of IK manuals installed: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2497

Thanks, got it. I do think a breakdown of the speakers and their characteristics would be useful - even just a "based on" list. The cab list doesn't detail the speakers in every case, and certain cabs haven't carried over from A3 (like the 4x12 J120, for example - though the California Red speakers are in the list).

And I'd still love to know which version of the JCM800 has been modelled; I'm getting a pretty good Plexi tone by balancing the Master and Preamp levels, so I'm guessing it's one without the diode clipping - like a 2203 - but it's hard to be sure.

I agree, I've requested the list. Also, I am trying to verify which JCM800 was modeled - I will let you know when I get more details. I wish it was my old one, but I stupidly sold that sweet 1980s "box of loud" long ago.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby neutronic » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Peter_IK wrote: It was like Christmas morning x 5,000, especially compared to scrimping and saving for hardware and sometimes being left disappointed long-term with expensive purchases.

Peter_IK wrote:I wish it was my old one, but I stupidly sold that sweet 1980s "box of loud" long ago.

These two are somehow related, aren't they? :)

Peter_IK wrote: OK, I'll stop before I get into not missing razor blades to edit tape and tell people to get off my lawn.

I don't know... I heard today that Dave Grohl prefers that to wasting his week-ends on upgrading the software. :D Though if being serious, high-five on that whole post of yours, Peter! I love the tape when it's software.
neutronic

Postby j.marc » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:17 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Yes the looper tracks are mono.

Please report your other issue to IK support and they will happily troubleshoot and assist you directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

OK, thank you
j.marc

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:24 pm

neutronic wrote:
Peter_IK wrote: It was like Christmas morning x 5,000, especially compared to scrimping and saving for hardware and sometimes being left disappointed long-term with expensive purchases.

Peter_IK wrote:I wish it was my old one, but I stupidly sold that sweet 1980s "box of loud" long ago.

These two are somehow related, aren't they? :)

Oh no, I sold the JCM800 around the mid-90s so a bit before AmpliTube was a thing and definitely before I got into IK stuff.

neuronic wrote:
Peter_IK wrote: OK, I'll stop before I get into not missing razor blades to edit tape and tell people to get off my lawn.

I don't know... I heard today that Dave Grohl prefers that to wasting his week-ends on upgrading the software. :D Though if being serious, high-five on that whole post of yours, Peter! I love the tape when it's software.

Oh I was being serious, when I went to music school it was a very transitional period but they were certainly up to date on the best available analog and digital technology so it was an amazing time to be immersed in recording "technology" (quotes since some of it clearly wasn't very technological technology!).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby neutronic » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Oh no, I sold the JCM800 around the mid-90s so a bit before AmpliTube was a thing and definitely before I got into IK stuff.

Got it. "The link" I thought I saw between those two was - saving for gear, being underwhelmed with it, selling it, wishing to get it back. You know, the stuff we humans do. :) And I bet you had lots of fun in college. It sounds like fun!
neutronic

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:45 pm

neutronic wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Oh no, I sold the JCM800 around the mid-90s so a bit before AmpliTube was a thing and definitely before I got into IK stuff.

Got it. "The link" I thought I saw between those two was - saving for gear, being underwhelmed with it, selling it, wishing to get it back. You know, the stuff we humans do. :) And I bet you had lots of fun in college. It sounds like fun!

Oh I had all kinds of fun in college, some of which I can remember and even some I can actually talk about! ;) Seriously, though, full immersion in music was an amazing experience.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Savage1969 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:49 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I still LOVE hardware too but the tools we have at the price we pay today is just mind-boggling and sometimes I get a bit of shell shock when I compare to the days before these advances.

Agreed. I have a boatload of gear (I'm an old fart), but simply amazed at how far software has come. The lines between the two are getting blurrier every year.
Savage1969

Postby nevillesingular » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:53 am

Peter_IK wrote:
neutronic wrote:

Oh I had all kinds of fun in college, some of which I can remember and even some I can actually talk about! ;) Seriously, though, full immersion in music was an amazing experience.

If you don't mind me asking, which college? I studied at Salford in the early 90s, one of the UK's first proper "popular music" courses, with studio recording as part of the curriculum. Very few of my classmates wound up making music for a living (I'm now an author!), but one did end up playing bass for Queen.

nevillesingular

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:19 am

nevillesingular wrote:If you don't mind me asking, which college? I studied at Salford in the early 90s, one of the UK's first proper "popular music" courses, with studio recording as part of the curriculum. Very few of my classmates wound up making music for a living (I'm now an author!), but one did end up playing bass for Queen.

Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nevillesingular » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:42 am

Peter_IK wrote:
nevillesingular wrote:If you don't mind me asking, which college? I studied at Salford in the early 90s, one of the UK's first proper "popular music" courses, with studio recording as part of the curriculum. Very few of my classmates wound up making music for a living (I'm now an author!), but one did end up playing bass for Queen.

Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts

Cool. You guys were at least a decade, maybe more, ahead of us on this side of the Atlantic. Even now, I don't think there's a real equivalent of Berklee over here.

nevillesingular

Postby 62Tele » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:48 am

I have quite a few PDFs in C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4 - the Amplitube 3user manual is there somehow, but there is no user manual for AmpliTube 4 other than the 'what's new' PDF. Can this be downloaded from the web site? The new preset numbering/saving is confusing me (easy to do). Great job overall - a lot of very useful new features.
62Tele

Postby chicagobears316 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:55 am

While waiting for AT4, I was messing around trying to get AT3 to give me a usable sound and mimic those of the actual songs I am playing and started to get somewhere.

I copied the same settings exactly into AT4 manually and..... it sounds horrible. It seriously sounds like the guitar is muted and someone is farting into my speakers due to overpowering bass. I thought maybe I did something wrong and followed the steps to import old settings into legacy and try that again. Same issue.

All that I can think of is that I had also used a few T-racks plug-ins in reaper along with the amplitube 3 plugin. Any way to use t-racks in the new AT4 daw? I can't seem to figure it out.

and are other people finding that the old presets sound the same as in 3 or different?

as for new gear, I'm liking the red pig.
chicagobears316

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling