Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

Postby Savage1969 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:50 pm

In the past they have put separate installations due to changes in Custom Shop, but no update for the other software (AT, T-Rex, SampleTank). That may be the reason, if that makes sense.

Also, FWIW, I did not have to select "Restore My Gear" as the AT4 installation automatically recognized every previous collection I purchased during the AT3 days.
Savage1969

Postby jjguitar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:14 pm

I have a weird problem. In standalone the main gear window sits off center to the top left of the space where it should reside partially obscuring the channel strip.

same here :?

I´ve opened a support ticket. Let´s see what they say.

The 5 new Marshall amps are great :!: 8-)
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby carltonec » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:54 pm

I bought it, and I like it so far. I would really like to get my hands on the presets used in the sound samples online. Any chance of that?
carltonec

Postby funinstars » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:05 pm

Ok

there's a GUI bug in Windows 10 as many of you can see. (may be in other Windows versions also)

I solved this bug by turning off any scaling in the 'Display' setting Control Panel. I've found you can change the resolution, but the scaling will make the center window off (so it's small on up on the left). At least this worked on my Surface Pro 3 (which is no different that anything else)
Last edited by funinstars on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funinstars

Postby willwgm3 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:07 pm

jjguitar wrote:
I have a weird problem. In standalone the main gear window sits off center to the top left of the space where it should reside partially obscuring the channel strip.

same here :?

I´ve opened a support ticket. Let´s see what they say.

The 5 new Marshall amps are great :!: 8-)

I'm seeing this issue as well. I've also opened a ticket. Came here looking to see if it "was just me" :D
willwgm3

Postby emurphy94108 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Regarding speakers (which seems to be a hot topic) and the Custom Shop: when I come across a speaker that isn't included in my gear, I get a dialog asking if I'd like to activate it through the Custom Shop. If I say yes, the Custom Shop launches, but then takes me to a speaker cabinet, not the speaker I want to buy.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a speaker category in the Custom Shop. Is this something that just hasn't been implemented on the backend yet?
emurphy94108

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:32 pm

emurphy94108 wrote:Regarding speakers (which seems to be a hot topic) and the Custom Shop: when I come across a speaker that isn't included in my gear, I get a dialog asking if I'd like to activate it through the Custom Shop. If I say yes, the Custom Shop launches, but then takes me to a speaker cabinet, not the speaker I want to buy.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a speaker category in the Custom Shop. Is this something that just hasn't been implemented on the backend yet?

The speakers and cabs are sold together at this time. There is no speaker category in Custom Shop as there are no speakers sold a la carte at this time so if you want a speaker, it would be coupled with the appropriate cabinet.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:34 pm

carltonec wrote:I bought it, and I like it so far. I would really like to get my hands on the presets used in the sound samples online. Any chance of that?

I will check if they used specific presets and if so could they be shared. Thanks.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby emurphy94108 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:36 pm

The speakers and cabs are sold together at this time. There is no speaker category in Custom Shop as there are no speakers sold a la carte at this time so if you want a speaker, it would be coupled with the appropriate cabinet.

Good thing virtual speaker cabinets don't take up as much room as the other kind do. :-)

Any idea as to when a model reference chart for speakers is going to be prepared? I really liked being able to look up, say, the American Vintage T amp and find out what it was modeled on.
emurphy94108

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:39 pm

emurphy94108 wrote:

Good thing virtual speaker cabinets don't take up as much room as the other kind do. :-)

Any idea as to when a model reference chart for speakers is going to be prepared? I really liked being able to look up, say, the American Vintage T amp and find out what it was modeled on.

I agree with that first point - I have a thing for speaker cabs of all shapes, sizes, and "quality" (in the ear of the beholder and on a per-project basis ;) ) so I - and my back - feel you on that one.

I do not know more about any plans to post a reference chart at this time, I had relayed the request though.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Savage1969 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:06 pm

How about some speaker IRs for those other than 12"? I'm guessing that's in the works?

Thanks.
Savage1969

Postby Greycaster » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:29 pm

After comparing Amplitube 3 to 4 I have to say it seems that 3 is a bit livelier sounding. 3 is much louder when comparing identical setups and input/output levels. I have to turn up the master a fair bit on 4 to match levels and then when going back and forth there is a subtle difference in the way they sound with 4 seeming to my ears to be a bit darker sounding.
With all the new features/settings hopefully a manual will be forthcoming. Well,oddly, there is a manual in the A4 install folder but it's for for A3 .
Also just noticed there is no User Area button next to PREFS and INFO. I found that handy in A3.
Greycaster

Postby emurphy94108 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:45 pm

After comparing Amplitube 3 to 4 I have to say it seems that 3 is a bit livelier sounding. 3 is much louder when comparing identical setups and input/output levels. I have to turn up the master a fair bit on 4 to match levels and then when going back and forth there is a subtle difference in the way they sound with 4 seeming to my ears to be a bit darker sounding.

Agree, with regard to the sound if not the levels (I almost always use AT as an AU plugin to Logic/MainStage, and haven't really noticed a difference in levels). Among Apple's Amp Designer, AT3, and AT4, I'd say that Amp Designer is the most bass-heavy, AT3 the brightest, and AT4 sort of in the middle. I'm finding I'm adding a lot more treble and presence to the AT4 models, especially the new Marshall models, than I did with AT3.
emurphy94108

Postby j.marc » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Hi,

If I understand, the Loopers are Mono !!??

And, when I use AP4 with In Vienna Ensemble Pro...
There is a big problem. Impossible to change preset !!! Amp4 quit !!!

Thank you,

Jean-Marc
j.marc

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Yes the looper tracks are mono.

Please report your other issue to IK support and they will happily troubleshoot and assist you directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling