Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

Postby MarlinsCanesCop86 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:01 am

Can we please get a description and a list of of what the speakers are modeled after. I feel like I'm shooting in the dark for a sound I want. The whole speaker thing has been pretty much in the dark since announced and a list of the speakers available and what they were modeled after should have been available at launch if not before. I'm not an expert on speakers and having something would really help.

I'll add on to the talk about unannounced amplitube 4 bundles. I haven't looked at the price but if the Mesa/amplitube4 bundle was discounted from the normal price of buying the two together then that's pretty crappy. I've already paid in full for the preorder price. If I'd know I could have gotten amplitube 4 at the preorder price and Mesa discounted I would have done that. Now if this isn't the case, ignore this paragraph.

I love amplitube and have purchased most bundles in the collection, I did not complain about upgrading/jam points thing because I saw the angle they were coming from.mI'm not a hater. I'm liking what I see so far except the not having any guidance on the speakers.
MarlinsCanesCop86

Postby Greycaster » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:23 am

I have no user manual for Amplitube 4 in the install folder. I have a "what's new..." and other pdf's but no manual. None available in my user area either.
Liking it so far. Sound quality is excellent.
Greycaster

Postby jhall11 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:48 am

I for one am loving this!! I had Zero issue with spending $79.00 on this product.
I did it a while ago and waited for it to be released. I absolutely LOVE Amplitube and
Am like a kid with a new toy today!
If you like that Marshall KKKEKEEERRRRAANNNGGGGG!!!! Amplitube is your baby. This version doesn't disappoint.
I for one am thankful to IK for this. I also found them to be a group of folks that are really into what they do. I had an issue when I first bought Amplitube. They actually called me on the phone and helped me! Not only that the guy from IK I was talking with was genuinely a gear slut and was very interested in what I had to say.
How can you NOT love a company like that?
jhall11

Postby emurphy94108 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:55 am

Is the AmpliTube 4 custom shop installer file the same as the AmpliTube 4 installer? I downloaded both files, and they look identical. Clicking on the Custom Shop icon in AT4, it looks like it's just launching the same Custom Shop app AmpliTube 3 uses. Maybe the link for the new version of Custom Shop is incorrect?
emurphy94108

Postby Greycaster » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:09 am

I have a weird problem. In standalone the main gear window sits off center to the top left of the space where it should reside partially obscuring the channel strip. It's also about 1/3 smaller than the space it should be occupying. When I switch tracks everything looks normal until I enable fx then the same thing happens. Hopefully I'm being a knucklehead and it's something obvious. I'm on a windows 10 PC.
Greycaster

Postby lowthert » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:17 am

emurphy94108 wrote:Is the AmpliTube 4 custom shop installer file the same as the AmpliTube 4 installer? I downloaded both files, and they look identical. Clicking on the Custom Shop icon in AT4, it looks like it's just launching the same Custom Shop app AmpliTube 3 uses. Maybe the link for the new version of Custom Shop is incorrect?

Same question - why have two different files if they are the same? Confusing...

Do we need to install both - or one?
Pro Tools 2023
Mac Studio M1 Ultra
128GB RAM
SSL 2+
Furman PL-8CE

http://www.tonylowther.com
lowthert

Postby mbuechert » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:18 am

Why can I not change the sampling frequency in the stand alone Amplitube 4 from 44,1 kHz to something higher like 96 kHz. It's greyed out in project settings / preferences.

Regardless if I select 128, 256 or 512 buffer size.

My audio interface is a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6. Focusrite ASIO driver is selected.

In my DAW (Live 9) the interface seems to work in 24 bit / 96 kHz.
mbuechert

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Coming October 29!!!

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:11 am

joflo wrote:Although i like the sound of the new stuff, me too i was believing -because of advertising- that there are at least 29 different Speakers to choose from although there are only 5 (new) Cabinets included. But for a pity most of them are greyed out.

Peter_IK wrote:
metropolis4 wrote:It seems we were led to believe 29 new speaker models would be included in AmpliTube 4, but this isn't true. I only have access to ones connected with cab models I've purchased, and the rest are greyed out. I'm told I have to purchase additional old A3 cab models to use the other ones...

So I actually have 12 new speaker models and I have to pay for the rest?

Feeling a little misled by your (false) advertising IK :|

As stated on The Gear Page, your issue is being looked into. This is the first day of release, I know it is frustrating but your issue will be looked into and there was no intention of misleading and I'm sure it will work out.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby futrina » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:14 am

lowthert wrote:
emurphy94108 wrote:Is the AmpliTube 4 custom shop installer file the same as the AmpliTube 4 installer? I downloaded both files, and they look identical. Clicking on the Custom Shop icon in AT4, it looks like it's just launching the same Custom Shop app AmpliTube 3 uses. Maybe the link for the new version of Custom Shop is incorrect?

Same question - why have two different files if they are the same? Confusing...

And i am wondering. If i own several collections/amps/cabs/mics from custom shop, can i use features from Amplitube 4 in near future like 3D mic positioning/inserts etc.? Cause now it says that i must buy Amplitube 4 to unlock it. Is it right? Owners of basic version of Amp 3 Custom Shop must buy Amp 4 to have new features for tone modeling? :?
futrina

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:17 am

^^^^
Don't you just download / install/ authorise AT4 Cs and do a "Restore My Gear"?

You only need to download / install / authorise AT4 - that includes the Custom Shop functionality. AT4 CS is in your User Area as everyone gets it and you may :shock: wish to transfer AT4 to someone-else.

(Thought: maybe they are the same files but the functionality is controlled by the Serial Number / Authorisation?)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:18 am

lowthert wrote:Same question - why have two different files if they are the same? Confusing...

AT4 only, not AT4 CS.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby lowthert » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:23 am

DarkStar wrote:
lowthert wrote:Same question - why have two different files if they are the same? Confusing...

AT4 only, not AT4 CS.

Its the same file!
Pro Tools 2023
Mac Studio M1 Ultra
128GB RAM
SSL 2+
Furman PL-8CE

lowthert

Postby Savage1969 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:35 pm

lowthert wrote:
DarkStar wrote:

AT4 only, not AT4 CS.

Its the same file!

This is correct from my experience using Win64. The AT4 installation file (one executable) will install AT4, install CS, and install Authorization Manager. The one file does it all. Hope this helps.
Savage1969

Postby lowthert » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:42 pm

It helps....thanks Savage.

It could be clearer from IK though - why post two files that are the same - for apparently different applications?

Will try it out tonight!
Pro Tools 2023
Mac Studio M1 Ultra
128GB RAM
SSL 2+
Furman PL-8CE

lowthert

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:49 pm

From above
DarkStar wrote:You only need to download / install / authorise AT4 - that includes the Custom Shop functionality. AT4 CS is in your User Area as everyone gets it and you may :shock: wish to transfer AT4 to someone-else.

(Thought: maybe they are the same files but the functionality is controlled by the Serial Number / Authorisation?)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling