Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4!

Postby jwlehman1 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:50 pm

5 more days! I'm really excited to get ahold of Amplitube 4!
jwlehman1

Postby n2mpujack » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:38 pm

jwlehman1 wrote:5 more days! I'm really excited to get ahold of Amplitube 4!

You're not the only one :D
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby metropolis4 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:30 am

dnr wrote:So fed up with waiting I bought a Kemper!!!!!!

Haha, so you got so fed up with waiting another 7 days to spend $99 that you had no choice but to go spend $2500? riiiight... :roll:
metropolis4

Postby munkeeluke » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:25 am

Forgive me if this has been answered, I've tried searching and couldn't find anything. The Amplitube 4 page under "the gear" tab it states "9 amplifiers" but I only see the video highlight 5??? What about the other 4?
munkeeluke

Postby DarkStar » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:14 am

Those 5 are the NEW models, introduced in AT4. The "other" 4 are also in AT4 Custom Shop (or AT3 Custom Shop): American Tube Clean 1, American Tube Clean 2, British Tube Lead 1, Solid State Bass Preamp
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dnr » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:12 pm

:lol:
metropolis4 wrote:

Haha, so you got so fed up with waiting another 7 days to spend $99 that you had no choice but to go spend $2500? riiiight... :roll:

Actually £700 or $1,075.16. Whilst I will enjoy and use AmpliTube 4 the sound and feel of the Kemper Profiling Amp is in a different league. I had the opportunity and I took it after trying it. Je ne regrette rien. :lol:
dnr

Postby metropolis4 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:34 pm

dnr wrote::lol:
metropolis4 wrote:

Actually £700 or $1,075.16. Whilst I will enjoy and use AmpliTube 4 the sound and feel of the Kemper Profiling Amp is in a different league. I had the opportunity and I took it after trying it. Je ne regrette rien. :lol:

Right. So you bought it because it's what you wanted. So why try to make it sound like the release date of A4 had anything to do with it?

Interesting that you could know that the sound and feel of your Kemper is "in a different league" than something you've never even played before... :roll:
metropolis4

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:56 pm

I'm glad that people are happy with their purchases but please push non-IK products elsewhere please, thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dnr » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:06 pm

metropolis4 wrote:Right. So you bought it because it's what you wanted. So why try to make it sound like the release date of A4 had anything to do with it?

Interesting that you could know that the sound and feel of your Kemper is "in a different league" than something you've never even played before... :roll:

Try one then get back to me.

I'm still looking forward to the Friday release Peter.
dnr

Postby metropolis4 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 pm

dnr wrote:
metropolis4 wrote:Right. So you bought it because it's what you wanted. So why try to make it sound like the release date of A4 had anything to do with it?

Try one then get back to me.

How can I when A4 hasn't even been released yet... :?

How can someone compare 2 things when they don't even have access to one of them?

I'm sure you're happy with your Kemper, but comparing it to something that doesn't even exist yet is silly. Especially when they are two completely different things. It's like saying my Toyota Corolla is in a different league from a 2017 Harley Davidson
metropolis4

Postby acousticglue » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:42 pm

You would never convince me to leave software for hardware amps cabs/Kemper. Period
acousticglue

Postby dnr » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:34 am

Fine! I felt like you until I tried the Kemper. Until I heard my miked up amp indistinguishable from the profiled Kemper version.

Look, I'm going to enjoy A 4 as much as anyone. I am certain it will be great and it will do many great things. What it won't do however is sound exactly like my both of my amps. My own personal sounds with the same feel and playing dynamics. A4 will do lots of things that the Kemper won't within Cubase - recall of settings - automation etc. We all need different tools for different jobs. A tool-kit has more than one tool in it. I'm betting that most people here have more than one amp sim. I have a number of guitars that I use for different things, it is the natural order of things.
Last edited by dnr on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
dnr

Postby barrybritten » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:44 am

Just a question seeing as AmpliTube 4 is a new separate app to AmpliTube 3 will there be any advantage to keeping AmpliTube 3 installed ?
barrybritten

Postby dnr » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:02 am

barrybritten wrote:Just a question seeing as AmpliTube 4 is a new separate app to AmpliTube 3 will there be any advantage to keeping AmpliTube 3 installed ?

If you uninstall A3 it will not be recalled in any of the projects you have used it in within you DAW. Which could be a significant problem. If however you go through all those projects and replace A3 with the A4 equivalent then of course uninstall A3.
dnr

Postby barrybritten » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:40 am

Yeah quite the conundrum. I think i will be running both for a while but really looking forward to AmpliTube 4 it certainly has been a while for a major upgrade altho AmpliTube 3 has served me well.
barrybritten

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling