Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4!

Postby Greycaster » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:55 am

Thank-you for the welcome and info DarkStar. I did receive the JamPoints. Must have missed or ignored the reason as to why I received them. That would be like me.
Looking forward to October 29!
Greycaster

Postby bluzdog » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:54 pm

Sorry if this has already been asked, I didn't scour through the whole thread. Will the current collections be upgraded to work with the new features i.e. 3d micing, different spaces, mixer etc? Can the separate recording tracks use different amps / presets for each track? Thanks.

Rocky
bluzdog

Postby rsw23 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:04 pm

Just wanted to clarify - I see that AT4 comes with 2 rack units...I have AT3 installed already and am upgrading but want to know if I will be able to use the whole range of equipment I have in AT3 with AT4? I see where the specialized packages will be usable, i.e. Slash, ORange, etc, but what about all of the existing amps (JC-120), rack gear and stomp boxes?

Thanks,
rob
rsw23

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:12 pm

bluzdog wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked, I didn't scour through the whole thread. Will the current collections be upgraded to work with the new features i.e. 3d micing, different spaces, mixer etc? Can the separate recording tracks use different amps / presets for each track? Thanks.

Rocky

They don't need to be upgraded to work inside AmpliTube 4. You will be able to use your existing gear inside AmpliTube 4 and take advantage of the new features if you purchase AmpliTube 4. And yes, you can use different amps/presets on different tracks.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:18 pm

rsw23 wrote:Just wanted to clarify - I see that AT4 comes with 2 rack units...I have AT3 installed already and am upgrading but want to know if I will be able to use the whole range of equipment I have in AT3 with AT4? I see where the specialized packages will be usable, i.e. Slash, ORange, etc, but what about all of the existing amps (JC-120), rack gear and stomp boxes?

Thanks,
rob

You will be able to use all of your existing AmpliTube 3 gear in AmpliTube 4. On the AmpliTube 4 "Gear" page it states:
If you currently own any versions of AmpliTube, all of your gear can be integrated into AmpliTube 4 by using the “restore my gear” feature in the Custom Shop. Plus, you can add any gear to your virtual guitar/bass rig at any time, day or night, with just a few simple clicks of your mouse.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby axidental » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:05 am

Just trying to clarify options re. upgrading - how long is the pre-order offer open for? And as a user since March 2012 it looks from this thread that there should be an email heading my way with an upgrade offer...

...but do I wait for it to arrive and potentially miss out on the pre-order offer if it doesn't turn up, or grab the pre-order offer now?

Any help much appreicated.

Cheers,
Nick.
axidental

Postby DarkStar » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:25 am

The pre-order offers expires when AT4 is released.
Peter_IK wrote: we do have AmpliTube 4 targeted for an October 29, 2015 release date now though.

DarkStar wrote:The Loyalty Bonus was issued some time ago - it was in the form of 20 additional JamPoints for those who registered AT3 before September 2012, if I recall correctly.
-- the qualifying date is based on when AmpliTube 3 was reduced from its $349.99 price down to a much lower price point
-- NFR or promotion freebies do not qualify, nor do crossgrades received via the promotions.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby axidental » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:54 am

Thanks for the clarification - I did wade through about seven pages of the thread but missed those replies.

AT4 ordered - looks like a great upgrade.

Cheers,
Nick.
axidental

AmpliTube 4- No upgrade program?

Postby cab.salvador » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:32 pm

Its simple.They lowered the price to $69.99 knowing that AmpliTube 4 was coming out but purposefully didn't offer an upgrade program to. They offer AT 4 at an "introductory discount" at $99 to encourage people to purchase it.

Unfortunately, it's not a very good deal for existing customers. Assuming that Amplitube 3 was purchased at $69.99 (even though most likely paid more), and existing customer would have to pay at total of $160 obtain.

This $70 promotion just ended less than 6 months ago, so now I'd have to pay another $100 to have the latest version. That's a pretty low blow IK. In a true discount, I'd be paying $30 for the upgrade: ($70 from AmpliTube 3 + $30 discount= $100 promotion price).
cab.salvador

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:42 pm

AmpliTube 4 doesn't contain all of the gear (160 pieces to be exact) that you got with AmpliTube 3 for a mere $69.99. You would also have received JamPoints which you could use to drive the already-discounted price of AmpliTube 4 during preorder using those JamPoints.

AmpliTube 4 is a completely new full version being offered at an amazingly low price during preorder and even the full price is a steal. Nobody is forcing you to use AmpliTube 4 - your 160 piece of gear from AmpliTube 3 - which cost 44 cents each at that promotional price - will continue to work as they do now once AmpliTube 4 is released.

If you want to see the incredible amount of features and the great new gear (5 new amps & cabs, Acoustic Sim, 29 speakers) you get with AmpliTube 4 and assess its value please visit http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitube4

Existing customers have the advantage of accrued JamPoints to make it an even greater value. If you are not aware of the benefits of this loyalty program, you can learn more at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:50 pm

I understand that some don't like that others get the same deal that they do if they feel that they are entitled to a deal and others are not. You can see, though, that existing customers do indeed get a better deal on AmpliTube 4 via the existing loyalty program. You could get AmpliTube 4 for 30% less than a new customer would pay.

If you just got on board with AmpliTube 3 at $69.99, and get AmpliTube 4 for $69.99 using JamPoints during the preorder period, that's getting both products which gives you an amazing amount of gear and features for 60% less than AmpliTube was originally and 30% less than what just AmpliTube 3 cost before the recent promotion.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby miraik2 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:01 am

Where is a list of all the speakers you get with AT4?

I'd like to know before pre-ordering. Thanks.
miraik2

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:24 am

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby n2mpujack » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:12 pm

DarkStar wrote:Hello mikah912 and welcome to the forum.

Loads of info here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/am ... at4cs-gear
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube4/

Those links only show the speaker cabinets that come with the various amp models. There is nothing that lists what speakers are actually in said cabinets or what's available in the speaker swap function that's new to AT4. The only thing we know about that is it's 12 inch speakers at release and in one picture that actually shows that function you can see like 6 speakers (American 12K, alnico,bulldog and Brit alnico B, alnico G, alnico s). I'm guessing the American ones are Eminence and the Brits are Celestion (which are really made in China for the last few years). It'll be interesting to see how Jensens and JBL's are labeled.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby miraik2 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:12 pm

I repeat, where is the listing of all the speakers included?
miraik2

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling