Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4!

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:06 pm

PB26AT wrote:Just bought AmpliTube 4. Two quick questions:

1) Can I have AT3 & AT4 as separate standalone programs (not used in DAW) on the same computer without any weird consequences? I'd like to keep using AT3 until I get the full lay of the land in AT4.

2) Speaker switching: I'm guessing that individual speakers will need to be purchased with credits, then you can use the swapping functionality. Correct?

1. Yes, AmpliTube 4 will be a completely different install.

2. To get the speaker swapping/interaction features you must purchase AmpliTube 4.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mirocalderon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:00 pm

How do I pay using Gear credits?
mirocalderon

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:14 pm

mirocalderon wrote:How do I pay using Gear credits?

Open Custom Shop and click on the AmpliTube 4 graphic or navigate to Collections.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby 11741974 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:55 pm

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I'll ask anyway.

I just purchased Amplitube 4 ( with some Jam Points, great deal, no complaints here! ).

My question is, will all of the legacy gear from Amp 3 ( the stock amps, pedals and effects, NOT things purchased from the shop ) load in Amp 4 AND will the new functions be available on the old gear ( the new rooms, speaker swapping, etc. )

Sorry if this has already been asked. I read the whole thread and didn't see a clear answer.

thanks!

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Hello 11741974 and welcome to the forum.

(a) loading legacy gear? - yes, just use "Restore My Gear"
(b) new feature / old gear? - not sure, but I would hope so.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:19 pm

Yes, you can swap speakers and use the rooms with the existing cabs you have. The only exceptions for speaker swapping would be 10" and 15" speaker based cabs as the only swappable speakers are the 29 12" speakers included with AmpliTube 4.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bobporri » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:04 am

I just read a lot of the posts on this thread and had to say something. My apologies for drifting off topic.

With all due respect for someone trying to make sense of gear credits and jam points, I just don't get how something that can save you money could not be seen as a good thing. Relating from my own experience, I bought the highest level of gear credits during an IK sale. I was also able to use jam points that IK gives you sort of "free" (for making purchases of course) for 30% of the gear credit purchase.

I first thought $750!, I can't do that! But, I actually only paid about $265 for I think it was 1500 gear credits (because there was a half price sale, at the highest level you get the credits for .50 on the dollar to begin with, and I used jam points for 30% of the price). I've been having a great time all year getting things from the Custom Shop. I recently purchased the Mesa package for 100 credits (that actually cost me only $17). A few days ago I pre-ordered Amplitube 4 for 100 credits (again which actually cost me $17). I still have like 500 gear credits left after having purchased tons of stuff from the Custom Shop all year.

I'm able to make a lot of good use of this because I use Sampletank, T-Racks, and Amplitube. If you want to buy with money and not gear credits, you can still do that and take no advantage of the deals you can get using gear credits. What is wrong with this from a customer's standpoint? I can only think that someone not liking the IK "purchase programs" is misunderstanding something about the use of the Custom Shop, gear credits, and jam points. I think once someone really sees what IK does for customers, they will only see all this as something to take advantage of. I hope I can do this again before IK realizes what they are doing :lol:
bobporri

Postby 11741974 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:42 pm

If IK had announced that Amp 4 was $9.99 there would STILL be a bunch of people complaining. I think the bang for the buck is great.

I bought Amp 3 in February 2014 for $99. They were running a promo at the time where if a certain number of people bought it, then you'd all get a free upgrade pack. So, for $99, when it was all said and done, I got Amp 3, the Fender pack, the Orange pack and the SVT pack. It was a GREAT deal. I'm happy to pay for Amp 4 ( and I ended up only paying $72 after using Jam Points ).

I also got T-Racks CS Grand pack last year for around $150, if memory serves.

No complaints here about pricing. I think IK is very fair.

Postby metropolis4 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:49 pm

I have no complaints about IK's pricing or rewards system. I actually really like it, and I think IK is a company that treats their customers well.

My one complaint is that, currently, it's possible to obtain gear credits in numbers that can never be used. For example, if you bought the 75 credit pack during the recent sale, you would be given 87 credits. Gear credits can only be used in multiples of 5, so that means you will forever have 2 useless credits sitting there. It would be nice if they would either round that down, or up to the nearest multiple of 5 so you can only obtain credits in useable amounts.

Either that or allow us to buy individual credits so we can round it up ourselves.
metropolis4

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:22 pm

... buy 375 and you get 435 and all's well
;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mjruggiero » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:16 pm

I hope they've improved the MIDI controller integration.
I tried using a Line 6 short board with Amplitube 3 and I was unable to change presets/patches.
mjruggiero

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:28 pm

mjruggiero wrote:I hope they've improved the MIDI controller integration.
I tried using a Line 6 short board with Amplitube 3 and I was unable to change presets/patches.

As long as your MIDI controller supports program change and control change messages, it should be a snap even in AmpliTube 3. I hope you consulted tech support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ with issues you were having, or asked users here for advice. I'm sure either/both could have helped.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Yes, you can swap speakers and use the rooms with the existing cabs you have.

Does this mean that the old cabs will now use the new, groovy "let's drag 3D mic stands around" interface? That would be cool. :)
Peter_IK wrote:The only exceptions for speaker swapping would be 10" and 15" speaker based cabs as the only swappable speakers are the 29 12" speakers included with AmpliTube 4.

And I would suppose that you can neither confirm nor deny any plans to expand the range of swappable speaker/cab sizes/models ;) but might it be possible to ... um, not deny that IKM has not ruled out the release of additional swappable speaker/cab sizes/models? :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:35 pm

carlaz wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Yes, you can swap speakers and use the rooms with the existing cabs you have.

Does this mean that the old cabs will now use the new, groovy "let's drag 3D mic stands around" interface? That would be cool. :)
Peter_IK wrote:The only exceptions for speaker swapping would be 10" and 15" speaker based cabs as the only swappable speakers are the 29 12" speakers included with AmpliTube 4.

And I would suppose that you can neither confirm nor deny any plans to expand the range of swappable speaker/cab sizes/models ;) but might it be possible to ... um, not deny that IKM has not ruled out the release of additional swappable speaker/cab sizes/models? :mrgreen:

Yes, you can use the cab room features on the cabinets you have if you get AmpliTube 4 then do a "restore my gear". We would love to offer more speakers, I just don't have any specifics on that side of things at this time.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zulujos » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:03 pm

I have been sorting through the whole Amplitube sector and now Amplitube 4 comes out. So educate me. This is not Amplitube 3 with added features, [i]is it?
From what I understand A3 has a whole host of amps and pedals, unlike Amplitube CS. I see nothing in this description that leads me to believe this is a new and improved A3. Sounds to me like it's an improved Amplitube CS or an upgrade for A3.
zulujos

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling