Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

Postby CudBucket » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Hello. I was an AT3 owner and recently came back to see that I could download and install the AT custom shop. The interface is AT4 as far as I can tell but it appears that I don't have access to the AT4 features. Is that correct? I recently bought the Mesa Boogie collection. But if I want to use the Cab Room features, I have to buy AT4 correct?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
CudBucket

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:35 pm

CudBucket wrote:Hello. I was an AT3 owner and recently came back to see that I could download and install the AT custom shop. The interface is AT4 as far as I can tell but it appears that I don't have access to the AT4 features. Is that correct? I recently bought the Mesa Boogie collection. But if I want to use the Cab Room features, I have to buy AT4 correct?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Yes for the new features (and the new amps in AmpliTube 4) you would need to purchase AmpliTube 4.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby whhf54 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:58 am

The newest version of custom shop works great for AmpliTube 4, restoring all my gear, up to date with a simple mouse click. Lost all my custom setting though. Sorry it doesn't work for SampleTank and my original collections. My windows system did a total crash and I had to reinstall everything, 2.5-Tb worth of data, what a job and waste of my time, and it costs me a licence for every product I own.

Love the speaker swapping feature for the 12". I own AT-3, almost all the collections & many from custom shop . Its new fun to swap out some of the 12" speakers particularly in the 4x12" cabinets. Nothing like a custom speaker box to give U a different sound. You've done a good job so far, VST 3 was also very good to include, makes your product even more professional. But always room to add...

:o Some ideas for the future updates:

1- 10" speaker swapping - (what fun a 8x10" would be)

2- Bass speaker swapping, with other bass speakers

3- Pop up box giving info on the Mic's similar to info on Custom shop - (When U roll over them) suitability, (Bass, Guitar) best placement, (Bass Proximity, characteristics, etc.) & of course option for on/off. eg. info from custom Shop...

""Bottle 563 - Based on Neumann® CMV-563 - legendary vintage tube condenser microphone. Its bright frequency response and gentle compression make this microphone a mandatory tool in your guitar rig." Best placement - near/far, center/edge ? etc.

4- More Pedal presets - very few have any. Don't forget to include past releases to AT-3 (now as a pack for AT-4) and the collections (Maybe even free to owners of both AT 3 & AT 4. My Sonar Platinum DAW does stuff like this)

Just picked up the Fulltone set for $17.99 after jam pts, to add to my collection bringing total gear pieces up to 277 to play with... never enough :lol:

By for now

Anyway just wishful thinking, never hurts to give someone an Idea & C what they do with it. :D

WiLLi & the MusicMachine
whhf54

Postby spurs9 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:17 pm

Installed demo, software freezes saying couldn't initialize audio device. i have updated asio version, still have same problem. I also have the most recent version of amplitube 4.3. my pc is also 64bit. Help!!!! :roll:
spurs9

Postby lchalk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Installed demo, software freezes saying couldn't initialize audio device. i have updated asio version, still have same problem. I also have the most recent version of amplitube 4.3. my pc is also 64bit. Help!!!!

what audio interface are use using? I have a scarlet 2i2 and occasionally this happens after a reboot and I notice that the green light on the 2i2 isn't on. I close amplitube (or reaper because it happens in both) unplug and re-plugin my audio interface and that seems to fix the problem.
lchalk

Postby spurs9 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:45 am

lchalk wrote:
Installed demo, software freezes saying couldn't initialize audio device. i have updated asio version, still have same problem. I also have the most recent version of amplitube 4.3. my pc is also 64bit. Help!!!!

what audio interface are use using? I have a scarlet 2i2 and occasionally this happens after a reboot and I notice that the green light on the 2i2 isn't on. I close amplitube (or reaper because it happens in both) unplug and re-plugin my audio interface and that seems to fix the problem.

I'm using a Mustang 1 Amp that had audio interface built in. I did try unplugging after closing amplitube but it still happens.
spurs9

Postby bosone » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:08 pm

does Amplitube support stereo-linked amps now?
the biggest problems I have with amplitube (i have the previous version, not the latest) is that i cannot handle two mono GTR tracks with a single stereo amp with linked parameters.
sound is just awesome but, working with 2 rhytm tracks in a metal song, for example, is a pain in the a**. you have to dial the setting one track, copy the setting the other track, check if it sounds ok, then apply again and again.
why the hell a single STEREO amp is not implemented just like in guitar rig, for example?

if the latest amplitube version support this function, i will upgrade... :geek:
bosone

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:19 pm

bosone wrote:does Amplitube support stereo-linked amps now?
the biggest problems I have with amplitube (i have the previous version, not the latest) is that i cannot handle two mono GTR tracks with a single stereo amp with linked parameters.
sound is just awesome but, working with 2 rhytm tracks in a metal song, for example, is a pain in the a**. you have to dial the setting one track, copy the setting the other track, check if it sounds ok, then apply again and again.
why the hell a single STEREO amp is not implemented just like in guitar rig, for example?

if the latest amplitube version support this function, i will upgrade... :geek:

You can run a stereo chain but the changes you make to one side are not linked to the other. That option has been relayed to the team for consideration in a future update/version. At this time, you can use gear-specific presets to mimic exact settings from one piece of gear to another in each side of the chain. In my experience I would not recommend an exact copy of a chain on both sides as that can actually have detrimental effects rather than being pleasing to the ear, but I do understand why one might want to do so as a starting point before altering one side at least slightly.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bosone » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 am

Thanks peter for the answer.
i really don't understand this choice, since in my opinion the development team is just ruining the usability a spectacular software. again, the sound is awesome but when it comes to tweak amplitube sound in a stereo metal /rock rhythm track is just painful! :cry:
bosone

Postby lezasmith » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:40 am

Hello

Hello. I was an AT3 owner and recently came back to see that I could download and install the AT custom shop..
lezasmith

Won't load in to protools

Postby hansels » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:22 am

Have upgraded my amp 3 to 4 however protools won't load it. Amp 3 is there but no amp 4.
Any suggestions please. Have reinstalled all checkboxes are ticked i.e aax, vst etc. Restarted yet no sign od amp 4. Will load standalone however and yes it is authorised. Thanks in advance.
hansels

Re: Won't load in to protools

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:48 am

hansels wrote:Have upgraded my amp 3 to 4 however protools won't load it. Amp 3 is there but no amp 4.
Any suggestions please. Have reinstalled all checkboxes are ticked i.e aax, vst etc. Restarted yet no sign od amp 4. Will load standalone however and yes it is authorised. Thanks in advance.

Please make sure you are using a 64-bit version of Pro Tools. If that isn't the case I suggest the best route is to consult the IK Support team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they will assist you directly. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hansels » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:49 am

Thanks Peter. It is running 64bit so I'm at a loss. Never had this happen. Might be time to upgrade to the new pro tools first.
hansels

Postby tom.tomino » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Downloaded the Amplitube 4 trial, not really impressed with the pedal selection nor quality. I can try out different pedals for free but gues what, only after I buy Amplitube 4....
Seeme like I'll never find out what Amplitube can do, since my guitar has good clean sound without it and the trial is really just that. Money saved to be spent elsewhere
tom.tomino

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:15 pm

Hello tom.tomino and welcome to the forum.

That is not correct.

The "trial" version is AmpliTube 4 Custom Shop and comes with a small selection of gear models. However you can try out any of the other gear models for a period of 48 hours each (each one will be available­ for­ another­ 48-hour­ trial­ once­ two­ months­ have­ passed­ from­ the­ previous­ trial).

All without paying anything.

Details are in Chapter 6 of the AmpliTube Custom Shop user manual.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling