Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:05 pm

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cameron.donnie » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:32 am

I can't seem to assign my stealth pedal wah and latch with AmpliTube 4.
Where is the control for this? It's different from A3.
Please help. :(
cameron.donnie

Postby dakfat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:01 pm

Would be nice if Devs reintegrated Stealthpedal support in the next version 4 update. I understand it's an older product that is being phased out but it's not like IK have another controller available for us to transition to. The Stealthpedal is so closely associated to Amplitube as the logical controller of choice... It is still available in stores.
dakfat

Postby cdxpat » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:17 am

smr1973 wrote:Has there been any official word from IK regarding acknowledging that Retina resolutions actually do exist in Windows and Amp4, which I bloody paid for already, is basically unusable because it shows up as a postage-stamped, unreadable window in the middle of my 4k monitor driven by Win10?
Between this and my StealthPedal suddenly being a useless brick, I am a seriously unhappy customer at the moment, and I've been _very_ loyal to this point.

I havent upgraded to AT4 because of the Windows 4K problem. I have a 28" Samsung 4K display and AT4 is uneadable without reverting to 1920. I could resize AT3 even if it was a bit pixellated. I reported to support in the trial version and they first claimed they didnt know it was a problem. Then after i sent a screen print showing AT3 and At4 side by side said "how odd, we've passed it to dvelopment" and closed the case. Also in the same week i was looking to buy a stealth pedal from my local store which was fortunately out of stock. Now i know it doesnt work I wont be buying that either.
cdxpat

Postby carlaz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:30 pm

It seems to me like IK imagines people should use the Blueboard with a 1/4"-connecting MIDI expression pedal (IK makes one of these, too) plugged in to it. But Blueboard is wholly wireless (Bluetooth), clearly intended for mobile users even if it theoretically talks to Bluetooth-enabled desktops -- and I am not sure how many wireless users are lugging around a (fairly robust, if they have the IK one) expression pedal in addition to a Blueboard. As a desktop user, I'm reluctant to sink that much money into something unless I am extremely confident it will work with my specific hardware and OS! I already have enough trouble with aging USB interfaces; I am not sure I want to add (what will eventually, some day be aging) wireless interfaces to the soup just yet.

The lack of a cheap 'n' cheerful expression-pedal solution for AT(3 or 4) that "just works" seems like big hole to me. While I recognize that what constitutes the "right" hardware will vary by usage case (a person recording in their DAW uses things in a different way that someone performing live, or someone plugging into their phone to practice scales, etc.), while standard foot-switch-equipped pedalboard-style controllers are cute, they are not necessary to me. But if IK would just offer to sell me a USB-connecting ('cause it's 2015, not 1985!) expression pedal with the guarantee that it would merrily control the appropriate stomp models in AT4 without any further tinkering on my part, I would probably scrape up the cash to buy it.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:04 pm

cdxpat wrote:
smr1973 wrote:Has there been any official word from IK regarding acknowledging that Retina resolutions actually do exist in Windows and Amp4, which I bloody paid for already, is basically unusable because it shows up as a postage-stamped, unreadable window in the middle of my 4k monitor driven by Win10?
Between this and my StealthPedal suddenly being a useless brick, I am a seriously unhappy customer at the moment, and I've been _very_ loyal to this point.

I havent upgraded to AT4 because of the Windows 4K problem. I have a 28" Samsung 4K display and AT4 is uneadable without reverting to 1920. I could resize AT3 even if it was a bit pixellated. I reported to support in the trial version and they first claimed they didnt know it was a problem. Then after i sent a screen print showing AT3 and At4 side by side said "how odd, we've passed it to dvelopment" and closed the case. Also in the same week i was looking to buy a stealth pedal from my local store which was fortunately out of stock. Now i know it doesnt work I wont be buying that either.

StealthPedal works as a MIDI controller (and interface) in AmpliTube 4. You use it as you would any other MIDI controller or interface.

Also, an update was put out that should have addressed the scaling issue. Tickets close when someone responds to them so the team can better keep track of them within the system but your issue is not closed until it is resolved. Simply reply to any ticket and continue the conversation and/or request an update.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dakfat » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:18 am

Yes the stealthpedal works with the old school midi control program from 2011 but the thing is that it used to work perfectly without that, amplitube just recognized it without any fiddling. Now i need to start the midi control tool, create an additional midi track in my daw for the stealthpedal, direct it to amplitube and try to figure out how to program the thing. Might as well use the expression pedal with my m-audio keyboard, at least i dont need to run an additional program in the background for my daw to connect with it. I really hope IK listens to the stealthpedal concerns in this thead and reintegrates the plug'n'play aspect of the stealthpedal in Amp4
dakfat

I will not buy Amplitube 4 without an upgrade offer

Postby Mjusick » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:24 am

I agree that it is completely unfair that there is no upgrade.
Mjusick

Re: I will not buy Amplitube 4 without an upgrade offer

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:47 am

Mjusick wrote:I agree that it is completely unfair that there is no upgrade.

As an AmpliTube user, you could use JamPoints to reduce the cost by up to 30% which new users would not be able to do - even during the preorder period.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Announcing AmpliTube 4! No upgrade Price...

Postby Mjusick » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:45 am

In my Account there are just 9 Jam Points and I wasn't told about the former pre-order Price because i did not get the Newsletter that time...
So i wont't buy this upgrade, i think like many others too...

:cry:
Mjusick

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:52 pm

We sent out multiple newsletters and posted on social media, forums, and more. You can also check regularly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/ or http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos for current deals but most important is to make sure you are getting the newsletters. If you feel you should have received newsletters that you did not, let supper know and they'll check what's going on.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Mjusick » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks, I subscribed the Newsletter again some days ago and now i get it again.
(And I think for safety I'll look her more often...)
Mjusick

Postby pyerbass » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi, I would have aquestion about the presets in amplitube 4:

Could I know how much it would cost me to be able to use every preset?

If you have the answer then I would have a second question: Really???

No but seriously, I'm a big fan of IK products, I'm always there to stand for them when they are called rip off in the forums, but here I can't find any other explaination than this one: this huge preset library is only here to generate frustration. The last thing you want when you just bought a product, is to face organized limitations!
Last edited by pyerbass on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pyerbass

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:35 pm

You can purchase the gear in collections or a la carte and presets using gear you don't have are there so you can demo said gear using those presets (for those that may not want to sit and tweak everything during the demo period or who want to get a head start during the trial period).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jstyork » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi -
I downloaded A4cs to see what the cpu load is compared to A3. Peter, you suggested this. The problem is, A4cs doesn't let you use the new tech so you can't see what the full versions cpu load will be? Also from what I can tell, A4cs doesn't let you demo the A4 amps. I brought this up in the original thread, but there was no response. If you can't demo the new amps and you can't use the new tech (cabinet section), what is the difference between A3cs and A4cs?

Can you demo the new A4 amps in A4cs?

Can anyone comment on A4's cpu load as compared to A3
Thanks
jstyork

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling