Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

Postby christian_derdul » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:09 pm

Oscat101 wrote:
chicagobears316 wrote:Also someone else mentioned that a few amp models are really quiet. any tips/work arounds?

If you open AT4 to default, Under the GAIN knob for the amp model on the screen, click on PRE MODEL to display a menu of available amp models and pick one from there. They are working better.
This points to a problem with the presets for these certain models.
Suggested by support.

Thanks for posting that suggestion, in my case it makes no difference. Still using 3.14 apparently something changed in regards to the gain level structure starting with 3.15.

Guess with some of the models that have different levels I'll just work around it in AT4 by boosting the output level and the level in the cab section.
christian_derdul

Postby christian_derdul » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:36 pm

Keeping things in perspective this is just a minor inconvenience at best.

Peace to Paris.
christian_derdul

Postby fertilesound » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 am

I've never bought anything from IKM, just used the various free stuff bundled with other software over the years.

Now AT is starting to look really attractive, specifically with the ability to buy specific brand emulations. However, the brand of amp I want is not included in the base AT4 package and I am not a huge fan of Marshalls. So I am having a hard time justifying paying $150 for a product I wouldn't immediately use, just for the chance to be able to spend more money on an add-on I would.

If the base AT4 package came with more variety or better yet some free Custom Shop credits to get you started with something other than Marshall (I'd be happy with just 25 so I could get the cab I could actually use) then I would be much more tempted to put the money down. EZDrummer 2 does this. You buy the base package and they give you a free EZX pack of your choosing to get you started.

I know I am probably in the minority here, but again: I cannot justify paying $150 for something I wouldn't actually use as-is. Can anyone tell me if AT4 comes with some bonus add-ons out the gate that they aren't mentioning in the product description and ad material?
fertilesound

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:22 am

Hello fertilesound and welcome to the forum.

As far as I know there are no unannounced add-ons in At4.

Could you not just get AT4 Custom Shop (free) and buy the gear models you want? Particularly as you have said you do not want the Marshalls.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby fertilesound » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi thanks DarkStar. So I could go the AT Free route, and then order the amp I want, but then the amp model I purchase would be limited and I would not be able to take full advantage of it (cab room, mic placement features etc.).

Looks like I missed out on the preorder deal, so I guess I'll just keep an eye out for any discounts or specials in the future.
fertilesound

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:35 pm

I do not know for sure, but why not try it out?

You can see the gear available for AT4 CS, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube4/index.php?pp=at4cs-gear
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Dazza1412 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Very disappointed. My PC is only 32-bit thus I cannot experience Amplitube 4. Will there be a 32-bit version anytime soon?
Dazza1412

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm

Dazza1412 wrote:Very disappointed. My PC is only 32-bit thus I cannot experience Amplitube 4. Will there be a 32-bit version anytime soon?

There are currently no plans for a 32-bit version.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby integratron » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:36 am

Hey Peter - Looks really cool - I was never notified about the loyalty promo.
Purchased download from IK on 8/6/2011.

Can you help?
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:56 pm

integratron wrote:Hey Peter - Looks really cool - I was never notified about the loyalty promo.
Purchased download from IK on 8/6/2011.

Can you help?

You received 20 bonus JamPoints on September 10, 2015 and have 83 available to use. If you are not seeing these under "JamPoints" in your IK User Area please contact support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will assist you directly. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tecboy696 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:10 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!
Last edited by tecboy696 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tecboy696

Postby integratron » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:38 am

Thanks Peter!
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby joflo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:22 pm

I find that some of the especially higher gain sounds in AT have some kind of digital high frequency hiss on them, which is quiet annoying.

Ok, higher gain sounds have higher noise. But with a real life rig it is a kind of "natural" noise and hiss as for here it sounds clearly digital.

Youn can hear what i mean in this Video, where on EVERY Note when thay fade out is this unnatural digital high frequency hiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkkMDmjOwqk

The integrated Noise Gate ist not from much help (i hate Noise Gates anyway), cause in the breaks its still hearable and it takes to much away from the highs for my taste. Another Noise Gate from the Custom Shop?
joflo

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:44 pm

@joflo - that doesn't sound like the typical experience, perhaps there's something affecting this. Have you sent your video and details to IK Support? I would suggest doing so if you have not done so already.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby joflo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:56 pm

How do i do that?
joflo

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling