Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4!

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:52 pm

@jeffthall - I think you are confusing JamPoints with Gear Credits, and you can buy any gear a la carte in Custom Shop for cash so we do have the "this costs $25" that you mention.

Hope that clarifies some things.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jstyork » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Yes that's right. I meant gear credits
jstyork

Postby jstyork » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:47 pm

That's good news on being able to buy stuff with with real money as opposed to credits. When was this adopted? It's been many months since I visited the shop.
jstyork

Postby carlaz » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:18 am

It's pretty recent -- in the last couple of months, I think. I do visit the Custom Shop not infrequently, but I haven't bought a lot recently, since I've been holding out in hopes of substantial upgrades and/or new gear that I might really want. Amplitube 4 is bringing some of that :D though you cannot actually get it via the Custom Shop.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby smata65 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:54 am

carlaz wrote:It's pretty recent -- in the last couple of months, I think. I do visit the Custom Shop not infrequently, but I haven't bought a lot recently, since I've been holding out in hopes of substantial upgrades and/or new gear that I might really want. Amplitube 4 is bringing some of that :D though you cannot actually get it via the Custom Shop.

Carlaz, You can get AT 4 via the custom shop! Just go to collections and you'll see the preorder at the top of the list
smata65

Postby metropolis4 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:52 am

jeffthall wrote:The other big turnoff for me is this whole gear credit thing. It's a joke and has no benefit to me as a user whatsoever. I always end up with some credit (my money) left in my account, only it's rarely enough to buy anything or there's nothing else I want to buy, so it just sits there. What possible reason would a company adopt such a silly PITA system if it wasn't designed to benefit them?

I bought credits during this recent sale where you get a certain percentage more. And now I have 7 credits in my account and it's driving me absolutely crazy because there's no way to use credits other than in multiples of 5! So now I will forever have at least 2 useless credits in my account. I would be happier if IK would just take them away. There's an OCD part of me that cringes every single time I see those stupid 7 credits.

jeffthall wrote:The new amps do sound good and I'll keep an eye out for more in-depth looks at A4, but preordering is out of the question.

I've decided against preordering as well. I think I'll try out the free version, and if it's good I'll download 1 of the new amp models in the custom shop and have everything I would ever use for a lot cheaper than the whole thing. I can't see myself ever needing 5 different Marshall models. 1 is plenty for all my Marshall needs.

Still completely baffled by the decision to make every amp model a Marshall for the premier release... :?
metropolis4

Postby arrand » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Any chance of a comparison chart between the free version and the paid?
arrand

Postby carlaz » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:56 pm

smata65 wrote:Carlaz, You can get AT 4 via the custom shop! Just go to collections and you'll see the preorder at the top of the list

Well, whaddya know! I clearly didn't poke around enough. :o But I pre-ordered through the Web site, and as it long as it comes my way on the day, that'll be all right. 8-)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby jwlehman1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:38 am

I purchased AmpliTube 3 about a month ago...yet another time I buy something from a software company and they turn around and say guess what? We have a newer version that you might want!

I am being sarcastic, but having only purchased it a month ago, IK knew they had version 4 ready for release. When I ask whether I would have to pay the full upgrade price, guess what the answer was? I don't mind supporting IK. I own several of their more expensive products for both the Windows and IPad platform. I just feel like I'm getting bent over on this one.

Rant over for now.
jwlehman1

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:27 am

AmpliTube 4 contains none of the gear from AmpliTube 3 so you were not getting "bent over" as you would have none of that gear in AmpliTube 4. Please check out http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitube4 and the "Gear" tab (and other tabs) which explain all that you get with AmpliTube 4 but again note you would not have any of the gear you have now from AmpliTube 3 if you only purchased AmpliTube 4.

Since you bought during the $69.99 promo, that would mean that you have over 160 more pieces of gear than anybody who only purchases AmpliTube 4 and you accrued 8 JamPoints from that and have 15 available to use in order to bring the already-discounted (1/3 off) preorder price down to $84.99. That would get you the following for just under $155 (assuming you didn't use JamPoints on AmpliTube 3 during the promotion) which is about $5 more than AmpliTube MESA/Boogie (with 5 amps & cabs only) currently:

160 pieces of gear from AmpliTube 3 (normally $/€199.99 on its own)

From AmpliTube 4:
  • 3D Cab Room w/ selectable room simulations
  • Dual Mic placement on any speaker
  • Individual speaker selection
  • Speaker interaction modeling
  • Cabinet mixer for mics, room, DI and master level
  • New British Series Amps (5 amps & cabs - note that AmpliTube MESA/Boogie has 5 amps & cabs and nothing else on this list for $150)
  • Power Amp/Speaker dynamic response
  • Acoustic Simulator
  • Effects loop slot between pre and power amp
  • Universal effects placement
  • Rack effects can be used as stomp effects
  • Stomp effects can be used in rack section
  • 8-track DAW/Recorder
  • 4-track Looper
  • UltraTuner

You also have the option to get enough Gear Credits in the current promotion (only two days left, though) at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/news.php?id=572 by purchasing the 75 Gear Credit pack at $74.99 (which gets you 87 total Gear Credits during the promotion) and apply 15 Jam Points to spend $59.99 and have enough to get the AmpliTube 4 preorder in Custom Shop and have some left over. That would be a total of just under $130 for everything above.

JamPoints are how IK shows appreciation for your business, and you gain them from non-AmpliTube purchases too so this would give you more than just AmpliTube-based loyalty bonus from IK. I hope this explains a little bit more of how this can be a very serious deal via loyalty JamPoints (plus bonus JamPoints along the way) as well as the promotions IK has put in place along the way to lead to less than $1 per piece of gear... and that's only counting gear. The AmpliTube 4 features are far more than the gear that comes with it.

If IK knew anything, it would be that there was serious value to be had for AmpliTube users.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PB26AT » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:53 am

Just bought AmpliTube 4. Two quick questions:

1) Can I have AT3 & AT4 as separate standalone programs (not used in DAW) on the same computer without any weird consequences? I'd like to keep using AT3 until I get the full lay of the land in AT4.

2) Speaker switching: I'm guessing that individual speakers will need to be purchased with credits, then you can use the swapping functionality. Correct?
PB26AT

Postby jwlehman1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:22 am

Peter, that's creative financing! I agree that if I look at it that way, then it's not a bad deal. You are basically stating that Ampkitube 4 is a different product. I will apologize for my harsh comments. My main point was that I was sold a version of a product when Ik had the new version in their back pocket. I just need to be smarter about your product cycles.

Regards,
Jeff

Peter_IK wrote:AmpliTube 4 contains none of the gear from AmpliTube 3 so you were not getting "bent over" as you would have none of that gear in AmpliTube 4. Please check out http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitube4 and the "Gear" tab (and other tabs) which explain all that you get with AmpliTube 4 but again note you would not have any of the gear you have now from AmpliTube 3 if you only purchased AmpliTube 4.

Since you bought during the $69.99 promo, that would mean that you have over 160 more pieces of gear than anybody who only purchases AmpliTube 4 and you accrued 8 JamPoints from that and have 15 available to use in order to bring the already-discounted (1/3 off) preorder price down to $84.99. That would get you the following for just under $155 (assuming you didn't use JamPoints on AmpliTube 3 during the promotion) which is about $5 more than AmpliTube MESA/Boogie (with 5 amps & cabs only) currently:

160 pieces of gear from AmpliTube 3 (normally $/€199.99 on its own)

From AmpliTube 4:
  • 3D Cab Room w/ selectable room simulations
  • Dual Mic placement on any speaker
  • Individual speaker selection
  • Speaker interaction modeling
  • Cabinet mixer for mics, room, DI and master level
  • New British Series Amps (5 amps & cabs - note that AmpliTube MESA/Boogie has 5 amps & cabs and nothing else on this list for $150)
  • Power Amp/Speaker dynamic response
  • Acoustic Simulator
  • Effects loop slot between pre and power amp
  • Universal effects placement
  • Rack effects can be used as stomp effects
  • Stomp effects can be used in rack section
  • 8-track DAW/Recorder
  • 4-track Looper
  • UltraTuner

You also have the option to get enough Gear Credits in the current promotion (only two days left, though) at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/news.php?id=572 by purchasing the 75 Gear Credit pack at $74.99 (which gets you 87 total Gear Credits during the promotion) and apply 15 Jam Points to spend $59.99 and have enough to get the AmpliTube 4 preorder in Custom Shop and have some left over. That would be a total of just under $130 for everything above.

JamPoints are how IK shows appreciation for your business, and you gain them from non-AmpliTube purchases too so this would give you more than just AmpliTube-based loyalty bonus from IK. I hope this explains a little bit more of how this can be a very serious deal via loyalty JamPoints (plus bonus JamPoints along the way) as well as the promotions IK has put in place along the way to lead to less than $1 per piece of gear... and that's only counting gear. The AmpliTube 4 features are far more than the gear that comes with it.

If IK knew anything, it would be that there was serious value to be had for AmpliTube users.
jwlehman1

Postby dharris14 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:50 am

Yesterday, I did exactly as Peter suggested. I purchased a 75 Gear Credit Pack (87 total Gear Credits during the promotion), applying 22 Jam Points at checkout. Then I went over to the Custom Shop, where I already had 35 gear credits (courtesy of IK), and purchased Amplitube 4 for a grand total of 53 bucks. Also, immediately after the purchase my Jam Points replenished. Now, I'm all set for T-RackS 5 ;)
Last edited by dharris14 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dharris14

Postby acousticglue » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:38 pm

PB26AT wrote:Just bought AmpliTube 4. Two quick questions:

1) Can I have AT3 & AT4 as separate standalone programs (not used in DAW) on the same computer without any weird consequences? I'd like to keep using AT3 until I get the full lay of the land in AT4.

2) Speaker switching: I'm guessing that individual speakers will need to be purchased with credits, then you can use the swapping functionality. Correct?

Wondering this myself
acousticglue

Postby PB26AT » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:05 pm

No need to take this personally, but I'm finding a lot of the misgivings about price, etc. to be really odd.

Let's say you have AT3. If you want to upgrade, you can get it at 2/3 of the release day price (which you can reduce further with any JamPoints you may have kicking around). How is that not a good deal?

And if you recently got AT3, it's an old program and it was due for a makeover. I think it's unreasonable to expect a company to flag this type of release 6 months in advance because, well, their revenue would flatline. I got AT3 in January and I'm not miffed at all. It's a business they're running here, you gotta pay for new stuff.
PB26AT

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling