Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4!

Postby bobporri » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:28 am

Having been I think a loyal customer of IK for a number of years, I know about the gear credit deals that happen (around Christmas time it seems every year). If at that time you can afford to buy a fairly high level of gear credits, which are basically .50 on the dollar already, and during a sale pay half of THAT price, well, in that situation, the AmpliTube 4 pre-order costs like $25. That sounds like a pretty good loyal customer upgrade price to me. Not even getting into jam points. All I'm saying is if you pay attention to when the sales are and can invest a little money for the year at the right time, IK offers incredible deals to take advantage of. Then there are the ridiculous group buys. Anyone can bail if you really have a bad experience, but if you buy credits when they're on sale, and use the group buys to your advantage, check in on the website and see what's going on regularly, you end up with tons of great software cheap. I do understand that we are used to special upgrade prices on software. But I don't see many companies running the deals that IK does throughout the year. There is always room for improvement though, and I don't think anyone minds customers respectfully speaking their minds.
Last edited by bobporri on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobporri

Postby Shithawk » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:29 am

**** wrote:Great to see its coming out.
Any info on CPU usage vs A3 Peter?

?
Shithawk

Postby deanx666 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:51 am

Juan21 wrote:With the current policy, I will probably wait until AT5 to upgrade.

Fair enough but do bear in mind AT3 was released around 26 Feb 2010. So AT5 might be around late 2020.

Looks like AT3 for a new user is currently €199, so €99 for AT4 is a no brainer, or maybe some a polite persuasion from IK. New users may get the same deal as some who own AT3 but they won't get all the additional gear you may have purchased. They'll get the AT4 shell and a handful of gear.

I've owned every version of AT from LE, plus many more IK products. But I'm more than happy to pay €99 for some of the new features in AT4. These alone are worth that price and more.

8 Track Daw
Effects Loop
Acoustic Sim
Cabinet Room
Live Rig = PRS + Stomp IO + AMplitube 3 (what more could I need)

My Guitar Site = www.guitar-rocks.co.uk
My Band Site = www.relocatetheband.com
deanx666

Postby carlaz » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:26 pm

It looks like the new scheme is that Amplitube 4 can be considered the "platform" which is sold (largely without models) at a lower price point than previous versions of Amplitube (that inherently included lots of models). Then one buys up the models one wants from the Custom Shop. Its a little weird right now, since it appears only the 5 new Brit models would be able to take full advantage of all AT4 functionality, though presumably IKM is lining up additional AT4-style models for release over the coming year or so (so that there is actually new content to sell people).
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby metropolis4 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:43 pm

carlaz wrote:It looks like the new scheme is that Amplitube 4 can be considered the "platform" which is sold (largely without models) at a lower price point than previous versions of Amplitube (that inherently included lots of models). Then one buys up the models one wants from the Custom Shop. Its a little weird right now, since it appears only the 5 new Brit models would be able to take full advantage of all AT4 functionality, though presumably IKM is lining up additional AT4-style models for release over the coming year or so (so that there is actually new content to sell people).

The thing is, it's not really looking like a lower price point. IK has said the preorder price of $99 is a 30% discount from the standard price. Though I see they've bumped up the price of AmpliTube 3 to $199... which means A3 will cost more than A4??

I'm a little confused...

I'm also confused about the decision to make ALL of the new amp models Marshalls. and ALL of the new cab models 4x12 Marshalls. Not exactly giving us a lot of range there

I don't know, I'm still curious for an answer to my question about existing cabinet models in the new cab room, but other than that, I'm not seeing a lot to A4 that appeals to me. I might pass
metropolis4

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:05 pm

metropolis4 wrote:One big question I have:

How does the new cab room affect existing cab models?

Will they sound the same, or different?

If I use something like, the Mark III cab, is there some default speaker model that will be selected, and then I'll have the ability to change it out? Or will it use one of the new speaker models?

The new cab room will definitely have sonic impact on the models, even though the cabinet models haven't changed overall they will support speaker swapping and the new dual 3D mic placement so that will obviously have an impact.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby niclas_aberg » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:26 am

For how long is the price €99?

Best regards/
Nick
niclas_aberg

Postby Shithawk » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:57 am

Peter_IK wrote:

If I use something like, the Mark III cab, is there some default speaker model that will be selected, and then I'll have the ability to change it out? Or will it use one of the new speaker models?

The new cab room will definitely have sonic impact on the models, even though the cabinet models haven't changed overall they will support speaker swapping and the new dual 3D mic placement so that will obviously have an impact.

Does this "sonic impact" mean that all my existing presets will sound different or that I have the ability to make them sound different? Please tell me that the presets I have in Amplitube3 that are running in a heap of ProTools sessions will not now sound different if I go to A4.
Shithawk

Postby WFKIII » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:55 am

Do your Amplitube 3 purchases carry over???I mean gear packages & individual pieces already purchased separately as add ons...
WFKIII

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:15 pm

^^^^
Yes they do
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:28 pm

niclas_aberg wrote:For how long is the price €99?

Best regards/
Nick

Until the release of AmpliTube 4 in October.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:29 pm

**** wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Does this "sonic impact" mean that all my existing presets will sound different or that I have the ability to make them sound different? Please tell me that the presets I have in Amplitube3 that are running in a heap of ProTools sessions will not now sound different if I go to A4.

AmpliTube 4 is a completely new installation. Your AmpliTube 3 presets and sessions will not be overwritten, so they will sound the same (meaning you can keep using AmpliTube 3 for those in your Pro Tools sessions until/unless you decide to migrate them over to AmpliTube 4).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:32 pm

WFKIII wrote:Do your Amplitube 3 purchases carry over???I mean gear packages & individual pieces already purchased separately as add ons...

As DarkStar pointed out, yes they do. You can find this information on the AmpliTube 4 "Gear" page (twice, in fact) at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/am ... at4cs-gear
Owners of previous versions can restore all purchases and gear with the “restore my gear” feature in the Custom Shop.

If you currently own a previous version of AmpliTube, you can use the Custom Shop feature to restore all of your gear from Custom Shop purchases and legacy gear.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby clintmartin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:49 pm

Man I was hoping for ARC 2 integration with the new version. Was it even considered? I can't stand using the standalone mode without ARC 2...so I have to open my daw. I'm spoiled rotten huh?
clintmartin

Postby jstyork » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Update looks pretty cool. New amps sound very good. I was hoping for more of a GUI overhaul. Haven't seen if they improved the preset browser or the ability to organize stomp boxes by type and not company (absolutely hate this). Currently in A3 the preset browser and the way effects are organized is a nightmare for me. If I want an overdrive stomp I have to go to 4 different locations to see what I have, Amplitube, Slash, Hendrix, Fender. It's just ridiculous.

To bad there is no upgrade pricing. I've spent over $300 on A3.

The other big turnoff for me is this whole gear credit thing. It's a joke and has no benefit to me as a user whatsoever. I always end up with some credit (my money) left in my account, only it's rarely enough to buy anything or there's nothing else I want to buy, so it just sits there. What possible reason would a company adopt such a silly PITA system if it wasn't designed to benefit them?

I also hope they have gotten rid of listing products I don't own in the component menus and preset browsers. I'm opening up AmpliTube to work on music, not go shopping. It's shameless. This and the payment scheme are low rent marketing strategies that make Amplitube feel like a semi-pro consumer type product to me.

AmpliTube sounds good for the most part. Some very good amps. The rack effects are lacking IMO and I've had mixed results with the stomp boxes, although some are quite good. I really think it would benifit IK if they sold and presented their products in a more traditional way. You know, this costs $25. Pay us $25 and we''ll send you the product, and when you use the product, you will only see that product, and not a list of products you don't own cluttering up the menus.

The new amps do sound good and I'll keep an eye out for more in-depth looks at A4, but preordering is out of the question.
Last edited by jstyork on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jstyork

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling