Announcing AmpliTube 4! Out now!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing AmpliTube 4!

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:03 pm

Please see my message above. Loyal customers will surely have enough JamPoints in their account to make the upgrade $70 which is a steal. We have a constant loyalty program which rewards loyal customers and we're allowing 30% off of a release that's already 1/3 off.

Any more loyalty bonuses and we'd be giving it away.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jjguitar » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:53 pm

This looks AWESOME !!! Purchased immediatly :D
The current credit promotion and the ability to using jampoints makes it a great deal :!:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?start ... em_id=6866
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby machines23 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Please see my message above. Loyal customers will surely have enough JamPoints in their account to make the upgrade $70 which is a steal. We have a constant loyalty program which rewards loyal customers and we're allowing 30% off of a release that's already 1/3 off.

Not at all. Most companies don't bother with Jam points and other awkward reward systems.
You own Guitar Rig? there's a 60%+ discount for upgrading. if there's an initial sale it's never the same price for a current user as a new customer, and there's no punishment for not owning the earlier version longer or using your "points" for purchasing something else previously etc. No punishment for purchasing on sale or from another end user etc.

Effectively if you give no discount to end users for these reasons why ever be fooled that any sale from IK is worth purchasing if IK is just going to use that against you when an upgrade comes along?
machines23

Postby smata65 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:27 pm

machines23 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Please see my message above. Loyal customers will surely have enough JamPoints in their account to make the upgrade $70 which is a steal. We have a constant loyalty program which rewards loyal customers and we're allowing 30% off of a release that's already 1/3 off.

Not at all. Most companies don't bother with Jam points and other awkward reward systems.
You own Guitar Rig? there's a 60%+ discount for upgrading. if there's an initial sale it's never the same price for a current user as a new customer, and there's no punishment for not owning the earlier version longer or using your "points" for purchasing something else previously etc. No punishment for purchasing on sale or from another end user etc.

Effectively if you give no discount to end users for these reasons why ever be fooled that any sale from IK is worth purchasing if IK is just going to use that against you when an upgrade comes along?

I think some users do not realize tha AT 4 really is! WIth the custom shop IKM moved away from the traditional upgrade everything to the next version or be left behind model.

AT4 should not be viewed as an "Upgrade" but as an all new package with different models than those of AT3. WIth the custom shop, you have individual amps/effects, mics, etc, and You have collections like Mesa Boogie, Orange, Fender, etc. AT3 is just the largest collection.

When AT3 came out, it cost a lot more than 99 USD and it included all the AT2, Metal, and JH models together with all new models. in that case an upgrade price fro existing users mad made sense.

If You are a new user and buy AT4, You "only" get the new based on Marshall models, acoustic simulator, looper, 3 mics, and other announced features, but you don't get the models from the rest of the collections.

As an existing user, if you "upgrade" to AT4 You take with you everything than you have previously purchased. From my point of view this is a much better option than the old upgrade model. As far as I'm concerned the new models and FX loop alone are more than worth the intro price of AT4

Taking this into account, I hope that you can see that the old upgrade model is just not applicable anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see the new models and features be added to the custom shop for individual purchase in the near future
smata65

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:56 pm

If this were a minor update worth 60% off off the top (instead of 30% off with JamPoints from previous purchases - as of course loyal users should have, no? - on a major new version already being marked 1/3 off during preorder) we'd charge that. It isn't a minor update but we're still offering a huge discount and users who have purchased with us before should have JamPoints to use and we thank those users for the loyalty that allowed them to accrue 30 JamPoints to get their deserved loyalty discount.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Juan21 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Aahh! Now I understand! Then it's fine!!
However, I think the way it has ben released is confusing. I guess AT4 is not just a bundle of new amps, effects and add-ons to AT3. The engine of AT4 is different from AT3, isnt it?

If so, in my opinion, the new engine should have been released as an update of the free AT Custom Shop. Then you offer the new bundle AT4 with Marshall models, acoustic simulator, looper, 3 mics, etc. This was the strategy with AT3 and it would have been easier to understand.

Thanks for the clarification anyway!. Now I'm thinking of purchasing AT4.

Best

juan
Juan21

Postby yabino974 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:16 pm

Peter, could you tell us how long will last the intro price ?

I'm short on money right now. I'll get paid the first week of october, around the 5th.
Samplitude Pro X4 15.0.2.141 x64 | VST2 x64 | Windows 7 x64 | Sample Rate 44.1 KHz
yabino974

Postby Hugo77 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:23 pm

I don't get it. AT4 have the same of AT3 and more five new amps, or have just five amps and their cabinets (and the pedals, racs, mics)?
Hugo77

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:40 pm

kj.metissage wrote:Peter, could you tell us how long will last the intro price ?

I'm short on money right now. I'll get paid the first week of october, around the 5th.

It will last until release which is in October. I do not have a specific date yet but I would bet against the very beginning. When there is a specific date, we will spread that news. Sorry to be less specific than you need but it is likely you will be fine.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:43 pm

Hugo77 wrote:I don't get it. AT4 have the same of AT3 and more five new amps, or have just five amps and their cabinets (and the pedals, racs, mics)?

No, it would be an amazing deal to get all the previous gear at tha price though! Any previous gear you have will work in AmpliTube 4 though. Please see this page for what is included: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/am ... at4cs-gear
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jBranam » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:52 pm

i know man and thnx but i only have 11 JP's left which helps a tad. mine never added up... lol i burned them up as soon as i got them buying more stuff. lol bought stuff... got JP's back... used them again.

i'll just have to wait and see if i get a mailing since i don't fall in before 2012. nothing to get riled about... it is what it is.
jBranam

Postby Hugo77 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:57 pm

So, will work like AT3 custom shop version?
Hugo77

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:59 pm

Hugo77 wrote:So, will work like AT3 custom shop version?

Your gear will work in AmpliTube 4, yes you will go in and do a Restore My Gear like you would with any current version of AmpliTube.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Hugo77 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:39 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Hugo77 wrote:So, will work like AT3 custom shop version?

Your gear will work in AmpliTube 4, yes you will go in and do a Restore My Gear like you would with any current version of AmpliTube.

Ok. I already purchase it.
Hugo77

Postby metropolis4 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:11 am

One big question I have:

How does the new cab room affect existing cab models?

Will they sound the same, or different?

If I use something like, the Mark III cab, is there some default speaker model that will be selected, and then I'll have the ability to change it out? Or will it use one of the new speaker models?
metropolis4

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling