AmpliTube MESA/Boogie is now available!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: AmpliTube MESA/Boogie is now available!

Postby milin_im » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:53 am

stateofepicicity wrote:
milin_im wrote:Hi,

I'm having a problem with Amplitube. I'm posting it here because I only own the Mesa Mark IV and Recto 4x12" cab of the package. When using Amplitube standalone it sounds really good. It's really close to my own Mark IV, but when I use it as a VST plugin, it sounds a lot different than when using the standalone version. As a plugin it sounds with less gain, less tight, and a little bit fizzy. I've tried using Ableton Live, Reaper and Studio One 3 with same results.

Hey there,

Do you have the same input gain setting for the standalone version and the VST plugin? Having even 3dB input gain in the standalone would make it more defined than the VST plugin if the plugin's input gain was at 0dB (and of course, this difference would be far more exaggerated if the standalone was at a higher setting), giving it all the problems you describe, less gain, less tightness, and overfizz.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for replying,

I have everything set the same way. It's really weird for me. I could say that it might be the interface I'm using, but then again, I'm using the same interface for the standalone.
milin_im

Postby stateofepicicity » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:33 pm

No problem milin_im; just a thought. Sorry to harp on this, but you're sure the input gain on the standalone is not set higher? Remember that there are two places for the input gain setting: one is the standalone input gain slider at the very bottom of the standalone, and the other is preset input gain knob, just above the lock button in the preset. The setting for the preset knob above the lock button is stored with the preset, and will not change between the standalone and the VST plugin running in your DAW. The setting for the standalone input gain slider at the bottom of the standalone is for the standalone only, and adds gain on top of the preset itself, so if you have the standalone input gain slider set to, say, 6dB, and you have the preset input gain at 6dB, you're actually running the standalone at 12dB of input gain. In that case, you'll find the standalone has more definition than the VST plugin, because the plugin will just be running the preset input gain only (in this example, 6dB). Especially if you have this slider set to 6dB or higher, you'll hear a noticeable increase in gain and tightness, and less fizz. The fix here is to set your standalone input slider to 0dB then increase the preset input gain knob by whatever amount the standalone slider was set to (in this example, you'd dial the preset input knob to 12dB). Resave all your presets with the increased input gain setting and they should sound the same between the standalone and VST plugins.

It's best to leave your standalone input gain slider at 0dB unless you frequently switch guitars. It's really meant to accommodate for weaker output pickups when you switch guitars. Even then, a much better solution would be to save a different version of each preset for each of your guitars, since each guitar will of course have very different changes in character on top of its pickup output voltages, for which you'd want to change a whole host of other settings instead of just the input gain!

Best of luck! :-)
stateofepicicity

Postby stateofepicicity » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Last edited by stateofepicicity on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stateofepicicity

Postby stateofepicicity » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:40 pm

stateofepicicity

Postby milin_im » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:42 pm

stateofepicicity wrote:I made a graphic displaying this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0HDkEC2mIw1Z0ljWkEzRl9MT0U/view?usp=sharing

Thanks again!

I'll have to wait until evening to check this. I'll let you know what I find.

I appreciate the help.
milin_im

Postby milin_im » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:09 am

stateofepicicity wrote:I made a graphic displaying this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0HDkEC2mIw1Z0ljWkEzRl9MT0U/view?usp=sharing

Wow you were right! I can't thank you enough for this! You're "da man"!
milin_im

Postby stateofepicicity » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:26 pm

That's great milin_im! I had a feeling that was the problem. There's nothing like having your ultimate tone instantly accessible across hosts. Happy playing!
stateofepicicity

Postby dale02racer » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:58 am

These sims are amazing! Thanks IK, I'm looking forward to AmpliTube 4.
dale02racer

Re: Do I have to buy the Mesa Boogies Models again?

Postby chilly7 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:59 pm

Peter_IK wrote:1. The new models are completely new code, made to meet the high standards and demands of MESA/Boogie themselves. This was no small task.

Hopefully from now awry thing in Amplitube will be made this way. Better quality then quantity. But even more better quantity in quality.
chilly7

Postby robmlisanti » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Peter,
I bought the Amplitube 4 / Mesa Boogie combo
I was wondering though how do I use the Mesa Boogie amps in my Riffworks DAW?
I want to be able to add those amps to the ones I have already in Amplitube 3? is this possible?

Thanks,
Rob :shock:
I play Guitar, Sing & Keyboards for over 35 yrs, I have many influences which includes: Heavy Metal, Rock, Blues, New Age, Progressive Metal.

Websites:
http://www.reverbnation.com/robertmlisanti

http://www.riffworld.com/Members/Metalrob4662
robmlisanti

Postby smata65 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:50 am

robmlisanti wrote:Peter,
I want to be able to add those amps to the ones I have already in Amplitube 3? is this possible?

Thanks,

As long as You use AT 3.15.0.c You can Use the Mes Boogie collection in AT3. AT4 will of course allow you to use any past collections/ custom shop models that you have purchased

Just use the "Restore My Gear" function in custom shop if you don't find them available in either
:geek:
smata65

Postby robmlisanti » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:24 am

smata65 wrote:
robmlisanti wrote:Peter,

Thanks,

As long as You use AT 3.15.0.c You can Use the Mes Boogie collection in AT3. AT4 will of course allow you to use any past collections/ custom shop models that you have purchased

Just use the "Restore My Gear" function in custom shop if you don't find them available in either
:geek:

Thanks it worked!!! :P
I play Guitar, Sing & Keyboards for over 35 yrs, I have many influences which includes: Heavy Metal, Rock, Blues, New Age, Progressive Metal.

Websites:
http://www.reverbnation.com/robertmlisanti

http://www.riffworld.com/Members/Metalrob4662
robmlisanti

Closest speaker model to a Celestial Custom 90

Postby emurphy94108 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:40 am

Having fallen in love with the Mesa/Boogie Models (I own the Mk III, Mk IV, Dual and Triple Rectos, plus cabinets), I think it's time to buy the real thing. By the end of the year I should have a 90w Mark V combo (hope I don't get evicted!).

In the meantime, I'm wondering what the closest speaker model to the Custom 90 Mark V combos ship with is. I'm thinking maybe the Brit 100, which is modeled on the G12k-100. But maybe something else is closer?
emurphy94108

Postby hermitcrab » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:37 pm

i look forward to trying these properly against my real boogie. cheers
hermitcrab

Postby msocarras » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:49 am

newbie here. with mesa AmpliTube and AmpliTube itself. How do i get it to work on my mac through cubase 5?

i want it to show up in my plugins - is this possible?

thank you.
msocarras

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling