AmpliTube MESA/Boogie is now available!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube MESA/Boogie is now available!

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:57 pm

AmpliTube MESA/Boogie is now available

Experience the official digital collection of MESA/Boogie amps and cabinets for Mac/PC

AmpliTube MESA/Boogie for Mac/PC, the collaboration between IK Multimedia and MESA Engineering that brings some of the most legendary tones from the original boutique manufacturer’s amplifiers and cabinets to AmpliTube Custom Shop, is now available until August 31, 2015, for a "test-drive" price of $/€99.99 (100 Custom Shop gear credits). On September 1, 2015, the price will be $149.99 (150 Custom Shop gear credits).

Now guitarists, producers, engineers and anyone needing the power of “in-the-box” professional amplifier software can enjoy modeled versions of several of MESA/Boogie’s most famous high-gain sounds via 5 inspiring amplifiers and cabinets. These exciting new co-developed models deliver everything from gorgeous sparkling clean sounds to the percussive aggression and tight crunch of the Rectifier series to the violin-like sustain of the Mark series to the ultra-flexible mid-gain British leanings of the TransAtlantic TA-30, and everything in between.

This first-ever officially authorized by MESA® line-up includes models of the classic Boogie V-Curve EQ'd crunch rhythm and singing lead voice of both the MARK III and MARK IV as well as the crushing gain of the Dual Rectifier and Triple Rectifier - amps that have ruled the airwaves for almost two decades. And as an added bonus, the TransAtlantic TA-30 (MESA's upscale tribute to the classic British EL84 legacy) is included as well. It roams the elusive clean and medium gain territories with finesse and attitude.

And, like all AmpliTube virtual gear, these models have been carefully crafted to sound, look and perform just like their hardware counterparts. Each model has been meticulously scrutinized, worked, re-worked and approved by the R&D Team at Mesa Engineering. AmpliTube MESA/Boogie also comes with over 100 factory and artist presets to get you started, with additional presets available in the AmpliTube Preset XChange on the IK web site. The addition of these inspiring MESA/Boogie models to AmpliTube Custom Shop means the world's biggest shop of officially authorized virtual gear just got even bigger.

High-gain boogie on the desktop/laptop
Nothing says high-gain modern guitar tone like MESA/Boogie. MESA literally invented the concept when the original boutique amp company burst on the scene in the late '60s with the now legendary MARK I Boogie. Its innovative “cascading” tube preamp introduced guitarists to a new, never-before-possible world of sustain that was, at long last, separate from volume.

Leap-frogging all existing guitar technologies of the day, that original tone was a defining part of the sound of golden-era greats like Carlos Santana, Pete Townshend, Keith Richards, Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, The Grateful Dead and countless other recording artists throughout the 70s. And that original tone has also helped to set the stage for successive waves of era-defining high-gain tones over the years thanks to amps like the MESA/Boogie MARK II, III and IV and the inimitable Rectifier Series, which again completely re-defined MESA’s impact on the world of Rock. When the percussive, yet perfectly-scooped high-gain aggression of the Recto’s was unleashed on the radio via the music of Limp Bizkit, Korn, Linkin’ Park, Creed and other 90s greats, there was no turning back. Guitar forever more HAD to be menacing. Today the Recto’s continue to widen their footprint in defining Rock and Metal, and, after 21 years, they’re still in constant demand and uninterrupted production.

AmpliTube MESA/Boogie recreates this historic and diverse legacy in virtual form. IK software engineers worked relentlessly with the Mesa Engineering R&D Team to ensure that each amplifier and cabinet has been rendered with the same degree of integrity and attention-to-detail that goes into the company’s physical products — the operation of both the front and the back panel controls has been fully replicated to provide exacting performance and function. The amplifiers and cabinets available in AmpliTube MESA/Boogie include:

MESA/Boogie Dual and Triple Rectifier: THE standard for modern high-gain heavy guitar tone and more. The Rectifier amps are aggressive amplifiers for aggressive players. They’re some of the most recorded and widely visible amps on big-venue stages all across the world. Effectively two different power section versions of the same amp introduced in 1989, these amps deliver maximum tone flexibility and serious rock attitude. Both have played a major role in defining the sound of grunge, metal and countless other forms of hard and heavy music.

MESA/Boogie Mark III: This amp from 1984 is the first original 3-channel “Tri-Modal Amplifier” design. It features an amazing set of sonic sculpting tools; it sports the original three-channel setup: Rhythm, a distinct midrange “Crunch” Rhythm, and a Lead channel with independent gain and master volume controls. Just like on the hardware counterpart, it features a full spread of tone controls plus the vitally important Boogie 5-band Graphic EQ section.

MESA/Boogie Mark IV: An improvement on a classic, this amp from 1990 takes everything that made the Mark III the standard for Boogie tone in that era and makes it even better. Three big sounds with individual controls define the tone palette for this powerhouse of a unit. Its three channels allow it deliver an incredibly wide sonic array that stretches from sparkling clean tones to ultra high-gain lead sounds that are rich with harmonics and sustain.

MESA/Boogie TransAtlantic TA-30: A decidedly British MESA/Boogie tribute that jumps back and forth across the sonic pond, this model captures the essence of what, for MESA, was an exercise in simplicity of operation and comprehensive tonal control. It features two-channel operation and 5 distinct “Mode” voicing choices that reference several classic British and American circuits. Throw in the Gain Boost feature, and two high-gain options (HI 1 and HI 2 in Channel 2), and this model covers everything from classic 60s to crushing contemporary, and everything in between.

The world’s coolest online gear shop
In the four years since its release in 2011, AmpliTube Custom Shop has established itself as the largest collection of virtual gear on the market. Its easily browsable selection of amps, stomps, cabinets and more includes officially certified models from the likes of such legendary greats as Fender, Ampeg, Orange, Soldano, ENGL and more, as well as signature gear from artists like Slash and Jimi Hendrix. The AmpliTube Custom Shop for Mac/PC is a free DAW plug-in and standalone software that allows players to browse, audition and purchase over 280 pieces of professional-grade gear from the world's top gear manufacturers. With IK interfaces like iRig 2, iRig HD and iRig PRO for iOS and Mac/PC, getting pristine tone from AmpliTube is as simple as plugging into an amplifier.

Pricing and availability
AmpliTube MESA/Boogie is available now for the special launch week price of just $/€99.99* from the IK online store and for just 100 Custom Shop Gear Credits from the AmpliTube Custom Shop. After September 1, 2015, AmpliTube MESA/Boogie will cost $/€149.99 (150 Custom Shop Gear Credits).

Individual MESA/Boogie amps and cabinets are available a-la-carte in the AmpliTube Custom Shop starting at $/€34.99 for the amps and $/€9.99 for the cabinets.

*Pricing excludes taxes.

More Resources:
Read the full press release
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AmpliTube MESA/Boogie is now available!

Postby Voxxa » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:26 pm

Works just greeeeaattt!!!
Voxxa

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:32 pm

Thanks for your post.

We're glad to hear you like the new Mesa Boogie amp collection!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby bakkus2002 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:23 am

Thank you for releasing this collection early. I am in love with the Mark IV (and other models are soon to follow)!
bakkus2002

Do I have to buy the Mesa Boogies Models again?

Postby arnold_v_guitar » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:59 am

Hello,
Looks and probably sounds fan-tastic, no doubt about that. I'm definitelly going to try them out and consider buying.

But.. I have already purchased the existing Mesa Boogie Rectifier and Mark Amp and speaker models in the IKMultimedia Custom Shop (Metal Lead/ Clean T, American Lead/ Clean MKIII etc.)

My questions:
- Will these 'old' Mesa Boogie Amp and speaker models be seperatelly available? Or replacements?
- What is the difference between these versions?
- Do I get a refund for the 'old' versions, when I buy the new Mesa Boogie set? How?
- Is the offer applicable for the individual gear?

Hope to hear from you before the special offer ends!
Kind regards
Arnold
arnold_v_guitar

Postby stateofepicicity » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:01 am

I think these models are just like the real thing. Unbelievable how nuanced they are. Thanks for the hard work at reproducing such complex amps.
stateofepicicity

Postby arnold_v_guitar » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:11 am

"Just like the real thing" was exactly what I thought of by the first Amplitube Mesa Boogie versions IMHO :roll:
arnold_v_guitar

Postby stateofepicicity » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:09 pm

These new models feel entirely different to me. I did not have the same feeling at all about the other Marks and Recs. I thought they were fine enough, but the actual amps have so much going on, it seems like it would be an enormous task to capture the way the respond in the real world. To me, I really feel like the new Boogie collection does just that. One caveat, I've never played a real Transatlantic, so I can't comment on that one; I do enjoy the model though. The new Mark III & IV models are particularly incredible. To me, Boogies are very unique amps, with a very undefinable character. I remember reading Jim Matheos' thoughts on how unusual his particular Boogie is (how he does not get a traditional "metal tone" from it), and I agree that they're almost "odd," but in the best possible way. Anyway, just my two cents. In the Marks there's a gargantuan warmth, completely bursting with sweetness and smoothness, a very unusual characteristic of aggressive amps.
stateofepicicity

Re: Do I have to buy the Mesa Boogies Models again?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:16 pm

agcveerman wrote:Hello,
Looks and probably sounds fan-tastic, no doubt about that. I'm definitelly going to try them out and consider buying.

But.. I have already purchased the existing Mesa Boogie Rectifier and Mark Amp and speaker models in the IKMultimedia Custom Shop (Metal Lead/ Clean T, American Lead/ Clean MKIII etc.)

My questions:
- Will these 'old' Mesa Boogie Amp and speaker models be seperatelly available? Or replacements?
- What is the difference between these versions?
- Do I get a refund for the 'old' versions, when I buy the new Mesa Boogie set? How?
- Is the offer applicable for the individual gear?

Hope to hear from you before the special offer ends!
Kind regards
Arnold

1. The new models are completely new code, made to meet the high standards and demands of MESA/Boogie themselves. This was no small task.
2. See #1
3. Per #1, no since these are completely new.
4. The special pricing is for the collection. You save around $125 vs purchasing them separately, and even when the price is up to normal on September first you are saving ~$75.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby arnold_v_guitar » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi Peter, tnx for your fast response!
I'm going to try them out (and probably purchase them) tonight! :mrgreen:
Kind regards
Arnold
arnold_v_guitar

Postby dnr » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:03 pm

These models are by far the best Amps I have yet used in AmpliTube. They cover all the bases for me. Together with the Dr Z amps I will be very happy. Roll on AmpliTube 4.
dnr

Postby acousticglue » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:31 am

they sound stunning
acousticglue

Postby justinjag77 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:12 pm

I find you have to crank the volume to get that wonderful sound...I'm talking speaker volume of your desktop and or headphones
justinjag77

Postby drchek » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:07 am

I just spent about an hour playing around with the presets for all the different amps and I must say this is one phenomenal package! My favorite is the Mk IV so far but the amps cover such a range that I may not touch any of the non-Boogie model in Amplitube ever again :lol:

I'll be interested to see if IK can top this collection.
drchek

Postby smata65 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:16 am

Even before release, it was a no brainer (Specially thanks to some free credits from IKM and Jampoints). I have been testing AT Mesa for since Tuesday, and i'm impressed. It's a must add on for any amp collection you already have, bought it today. Each amp can cover a lot of ground with all the options that are included (Channels, power, rectifiers, etc.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to discard my excellent Fender, Orange, Slash, etc. models anytime soon, but these Mesa Boogie models will find their way to a lot of presets for both Studio and live use. Love the dynamics, the tones , the versatility.

All I can say is Kudos and thanks IKM, keep up the good work.

Now on to the rest of pending projects that await you (AT Rush, Dallas Rangemaster, FX loop or a way to use stompboxes after the amp, the hallowed Dumble [Sell a kidney or ask Santana to lend one], etc.) :mrgreen:
smata65

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling