AmpliTube MESA/Boogie is now available!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: AmpliTube MESA/Boogie is now available!

Postby dnr » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:07 am

smata65 wrote:Now on to the rest of pending projects that await you (AT Rush, Dallas Rangemaster, FX loop or a way to use stompboxes after the amp, the hallowed Dumble [Sell a kidney or ask Santana to lend one], etc.) :mrgreen:

I have almost given up asking for an efx loop and the ability to use pedals in the post fx.
Let's hope that this all happens in AmpliTube 4. My only concern is IK's seeming obsession with ios and putting it's more serious application on the back burner.
Last edited by dnr on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dnr

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Here is a great user demo that was posted. The presets are also in the Preset XChange (search for "monkeymanx" and you'll find them listed):

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:30 pm

Even John Petrucci is a fan!

"I’ve been playing with the Boogie models in AmpliTube and I think it’s really cool. Awesome job! It’s been real easy to dial in tones on the MK IV and the Recto. The controls are reacting the way I’m used to and my settings get the sound I would expect. What a great product. Congrats!" — John Petrucci​

Note that today is the last day for special pricing: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/mesa
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Here's a Dream Theater fan using the Dual Rectifier for some John Petrucci tone:
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:41 am

Even Ola Englund is enjoying AmpliTube MESA/Boogie - check out this clip on SoundCloud:

https://soundcloud.com/ola-englund/ik-m ... iv-setting
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mghecea » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:19 am

Wow! I just got this and a few moments just cranking on the Mark IV and it blows my mind how awesome your product has gotten! This one hands down will break alot of hearts and many won't believe it's Amplitube when they hear it cause it sounds just like the real thing! I'm a long time Mesa fan having owned a few in my lifetime and I know this doesn't come easy! I have been searching for years through sims and nothing holds a candle to this collection! Way to go IK Multimedia! I'm now a believer and a fan for life...Keep doing what you are doing! Money well worth spending finally! :D
mghecea

Postby rdwhitley » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:05 pm

I really enjoy these models, especially the Mark IV! I do have one question. I am using a midi controller and would like to be able to change the channel of the Mark IV with a foot switch. All 3 channel buttons are named Channel so I can only assign one switch. When I do this I can toggle between R1 and LD but I can't get to R2. How do I configure my controller (FCB1010) to move between all 3 channels? Hope that is clear enough. Just respond back if there are any question.

thanks
rdwhitley

Postby stateofepicicity » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:17 pm

rdwhitley wrote:I really enjoy these models, especially the Mark IV! I do have one question. I am using a midi controller and would like to be able to change the channel of the Mark IV with a foot switch. All 3 channel buttons are named Channel so I can only assign one switch. When I do this I can toggle between R1 and LD but I can't get to R2. How do I configure my controller (FCB1010) to move between all 3 channels? Hope that is clear enough. Just respond back if there are any question.

thanks

I have the FCB1010 too (UNO 1.0.4), and I found the same problem. Thanks for pointing this out RD! I guess the workaround in the meantime would be simply to create an R2 preset, until a new version of this comes out with corrected MIDI capability for the Mark IV.
stateofepicicity

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:33 pm

stateofepicicity wrote:
rdwhitley wrote:I really enjoy these models, especially the Mark IV! I do have one question. I am using a midi controller and would like to be able to change the channel of the Mark IV with a foot switch. All 3 channel buttons are named Channel so I can only assign one switch. When I do this I can toggle between R1 and LD but I can't get to R2. How do I configure my controller (FCB1010) to move between all 3 channels? Hope that is clear enough. Just respond back if there are any question.

thanks

I have the FCB1010 too (UNO 1.0.4), and I found the same problem. Thanks for pointing this out RD! I guess the workaround in the meantime would be simply to create an R2 preset, until a new version of this comes out with corrected MIDI capability for the Mark IV.

Have either of you reported your issue to support? They will be able to test, see if they can recreate, and relay to development. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rdwhitley » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:22 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
stateofepicicity wrote:

thanks

Have either of you reported your issue to support? They will be able to test, see if they can recreate, and relay to development. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Done!! ;)
rdwhitley

Postby rdwhitley » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:48 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
stateofepicicity wrote:

thanks

I reported this to Tech Support and their responce confirmed what I had discovered in testing. I was able to access all 3 channels with a continuous controller, however that is not bery good for lie performance. So today I was able to configure 3 switches on my fcb1010 to access all 3 channels. I used switches 6, 7, & 8. I only send 1 CC and I turn off the other one. I chose 121 as the CC#. On switch 6 I send the value of 0 which selects channel 1. On switch 7 i send 64, and on switch 8 I send 127. Works great!!!

thanks
rdwhitley

Postby metropolis4 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:57 pm

rdwhitley wrote:
I reported this to Tech Support and their responce confirmed what I had discovered in testing. I was able to access all 3 channels with a continuous controller, however that is not bery good for lie performance. So today I was able to configure 3 switches on my fcb1010 to access all 3 channels. I used switches 6, 7, & 8. I only send 1 CC and I turn off the other one. I chose 121 as the CC#. On switch 6 I send the value of 0 which selects channel 1. On switch 7 i send 64, and on switch 8 I send 127. Works great!!!

Yep, this is the best way to do it. Just set up 3 footswitches to send a different value of the same CC number and you can easily set them up to change between all three channels.

Another way to do it would be to have one footswitch dedicated to the Rh1 channel, then another footswitch to switch between Rh2 and LD. Or you could make one switch change between Rh1 and Rh2 and a second change between Rh1 and LD. There are a lot of switching possibilities. Actually, more than the real amp gives you!
metropolis4

Postby milin_im » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Amplitube. I'm posting it here because I only own the Mesa Mark IV and Recto 4x12" cab of the package. When using Amplitube standalone it sounds really good. It's really close to my own Mark IV, but when I use it as a VST plugin, it sounds a lot different than when using the standalone version. As a plugin it sounds with less gain, less tight, and a little bit fizzy. I've tried using Ableton Live, Reaper and Studio One 3 with same results.
milin_im

Postby metropolis4 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:46 am

milin_im wrote:Hi,

I'm having a problem with Amplitube. I'm posting it here because I only own the Mesa Mark IV and Recto 4x12" cab of the package. When using Amplitube standalone it sounds really good. It's really close to my own Mark IV, but when I use it as a VST plugin, it sounds a lot different than when using the standalone version. As a plugin it sounds with less gain, less tight, and a little bit fizzy. I've tried using Ableton Live, Reaper and Studio One 3 with same results.

Interesting, I haven't noticed any difference at all when using Ableton Live, but I use AU instead of VST. Don't know if that makes any difference.
metropolis4

Postby stateofepicicity » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:48 am

milin_im wrote:Hi,

Hey there,

Do you have the same input gain setting for the standalone version and the VST plugin? Having even 3dB input gain in the standalone would make it more defined than the VST plugin if the plugin's input gain was at 0dB (and of course, this difference would be far more exaggerated if the standalone was at a higher setting), giving it all the problems you describe, less gain, less tightness, and overfizz.

Hope this helps!
stateofepicicity

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling