Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby teuz.palmi » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:58 pm

May I ask you another question?

I have read "Any customer who purchases AmpliTube 4 or any IK hardware package that includes AmpliTube 4 after October 15, 2020 will automatically receive an upgrade to AmpliTube 5 SE" looking at the FAQ. If I bought iRig Pro I/O in November, do you consider it a hardware package and therefore should I get the free AT5 SE upgrade?

Sorry if this question has already been asked but I didn't find it in this thread

Thanks
teuz.palmi

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:16 pm

obispojoe wrote:This ^^^^^^ is not an accurate statement and has been mentioned several times in various forums. If you do not own any amplitube products the pre-order price for Amplitube 5 is $199. If you own a qualifying product the price drops to $149. Use some jam points and it can get even lower by 30% to about $105.

The confusion arises because if you are logged into the IK site, you'll see the price you are eligible for, not the price for everyone. You can test this by logging out of the IK site, and adding AT 5 to your cart to see the price. Then, log back in and do the same thing. You'll see the discount applied if you are eligible.

Correct.

Also, since it is also included on the site when people claim "same price for everybody" I though I might highlight again:

Starting from...
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:19 pm

teuz.palmi wrote:May I ask you another question?

I have read "Any customer who purchases AmpliTube 4 or any IK hardware package that includes AmpliTube 4 after October 15, 2020 will automatically receive an upgrade to AmpliTube 5 SE" looking at the FAQ. If I bought iRig Pro I/O in November, do you consider it a hardware package and therefore should I get the free AT5 SE upgrade?

Sorry if this question has already been asked but I didn't find it in this thread

Thanks

I think so, so yes. But I do not work for, or speak on behalf of, IK Multimedia.

For a definitive answer, please contact Sales/Account Support, via here. You will be able to search the FAQs first, but if they do not resolve your issue, there is a link at the top to a Support form. Sales Support can look at your Account. Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.

--------------------
PS: I removed the quote from your post as it was not directly related to your question.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Paul_R » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:49 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
obispojoe wrote:This ^^^^^^ is not an accurate statement ...

Correct.

Also, since it is also included on the site when people claim "same price for everybody" I though I might highlight again:

Starting from...

I get it, And I don't want to belabour this, howver, when logged out, if I navigate (via top right IK site menu) to "software" and scroll down to AT5 I see a simpler image than the one posted above that says $199 (crossed out) and $149 underneath with no mention of upgrade pricing.
Paul_R

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:19 pm

It says "Starting from" there too. And if you navigate directly to the IK Store from the top nav. And on the AmpliTube 5 main Info page on the site. And on the "Versions" sub page...

Just tried them all, logged out (even in Incoginito Mode) and that's what you see.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:38 pm

Paul_R wrote:I get it, And I don't want to belabour this, howver, when logged out, if I navigate (via top right IK site menu) to "software" and scroll down to AT5 I see a simpler image than the one posted above that says $199 (crossed out) and $149 underneath with no mention of upgrade pricing.

For the screenshot that I posted above, I prefixed it with "When logged out of the
IK Multimedia site you can see both:" to show that the Upgrade price was different from the standard price. You only see that choice when you are NOT logged in.

When you are logged in you see the price appropriate to your individual circumstances, based on your current licences.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:41 pm

Yes thank you for the clarification, I was moving too fast :)

Also note about the impending release, like I just said on Gearslutz: While it still will be the 15th somewhere in the world, the expected general timeframe of release Italy time will be early afternoon December 16th.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ejsheldon » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:48 pm

Angel points to Peter and Darkstar for your patience in treading this minefield of pricing/feature details! I've been around since AT2. It seems like nothing ever really changes in this area. I only hope that IK meets it's announced release date, otherwise it's REALLY gonna suck to be you!

I sincerely hope that IK at least gives you free T-Shirts!
If you're ever in Denver, PM me and I'll buy you a beer! :)
ejsheldon

Postby Paul_R » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:12 pm

Peter_IK wrote:It says "Starting from" there too. And if you navigate directly to the IK Store from the top nav. And on the AmpliTube 5 main Info page on the site. And on the "Versions" sub page...

Just tried them all, logged out (even in Incoginito Mode) and that's what you see.

I navigated logically (not logged in) to the AT5 product info and I see 149 in bold red print - you seem bewildered as to why customers are confused - this is 1 answer. Yes it says "starting from", but a typical passer buy does not know what that means. No need to respond to this - I understand the pricing and I'm happy with it, I'm getting a pricing break as an existing user, the new version looks really fantastic / can't wait to try, and you guys who interact with customers on the forum are doing a great job as many similar companies are not as engaging.

The point being made which I'm not sure is getting through is that the typical marketing of: many pricing tiers, fuzzy upgrade paths, multiple target pages that vary in detail, jam points versus custom shop credits versus sale prices versus regular prices versus ... is just tiresome to many - In my opinion having owned a lot of different plugin packages, IK's product quality is now at a high level where you don't need all these marketing mechanisms - just a simple pricing model would be refreshing.

Now lets start the COUNTDOWN!!!
Last edited by Paul_R on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Paul_R

Postby funinstars » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:19 pm

Peter_IK wrote:What happens to the existing gear in AmpliTube 5 is the opposite of "anything bad".

Now to make sure we're on track, we're shooting for the 15th and it should be the 15th SOMEWHERE when released :D

Hong Kong

December 15, 1:18 AM, Tuesday.
funinstars

Postby ponokirk » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:35 pm

obispojoe wrote:This ^^^^^^ is not an accurate statement and has been mentioned several times in various forums. If you do not own any amplitube products the pre-order price for Amplitube 5 is $199. If you own a qualifying product the price drops to $149. Use some jam points and it can get even lower by 30% to about $105.

The confusion arises because if you are logged into the IK site, you'll see the price you are eligible for, not the price for everyone. You can test this by logging out of the IK site, and adding AT 5 to your cart to see the price. Then, log back in and do the same thing. You'll see the discount applied if you are eligible.

I used Jam points and it help out a bunch. I understand that when a loyal user logs in and sees the sale price as their price but The guys kinda got a point. Other companies do give a better deal most of the time. I've been buying IK products forever and felt shafted when 4 came out and there was very little discount. Just a thought moving forward. Some or most of IK's customers feel kind screwed sometimes. Still the best product out there but some loyalty rewards (not just earning Jam points) would be nice.....
ponokirk

Postby vincentlugo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:43 pm

I've had amplitube since version 3 and have added gear pieces to it since custom shop came out years back. will the custom shop version have ALL the new features or do i need to purchase the SE version to access ALL of the new features.
vincentlugo

Postby ponokirk » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:47 pm

vincentlugo wrote:I've had amplitube since version 3 and have added gear pieces to it since custom shop came out years back. will the custom shop version have ALL the new features or do I need to purchase the SE version to access ALL of the new features.

I was told by IK that the only restrictive version on feathers, not gear, is the free version. I have AT4 with a bunch of collections and purchased the 99.00 one and that I was told is fully functional.
ponokirk

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Have a look at the Comparison Chart PDF, halfway down the AT5 product page.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ponokirk » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:03 pm

DarkStar wrote:Have a look at the Comparison Chart PDF, halfway down the AT5 product page.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5

I just saw that and that's not what I understood. I am emailing sales now to change because I did not see that compare section.
ponokirk

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling