Problems with audio in amplitube 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Problems with audio in amplitube 4

Postby jrutledge » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:18 pm

I'm having issues connecting my focusrite scarlette usb interface with amplitube 4. It works fine on my windows pc for listening to audio or video but when I try to send my guitar signal through it the sound is very faint and distorted (even using a clean amp in amplitube).

For the audio setup dialog I have chosen Window Audio (Exclusive Mode) in the Technology drop down. My output is set to Focursrite USB.

Tried changing to ASIO but nothing works there. If I change to DirectSound it sounds ok but the lag is tremendous between in and out. Not sure what to do.

Thanks
Rut
jrutledge

Re: Problems with audio in amplitube 4

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:24 am

Hello,

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear of your troubles.

Please contact IK Multimedia support directly using the link below. This forum is really for user to user discussion and not exactly for troubleshooting. The team should be able to help get you working here.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Keep in mind ASIO will be the best option for low latency audio on Windows. The WASAPI engine with Windows 10 is better for video game or movie playback. Unfortunately, WASAPI (Windows Audio) will not handle real time audio processing well.

Make sure in the meantime to download the latest drivers for your audio interface. These will be required for ASIO use.

https://resource.focusrite.com/en/downloads
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jrutledge » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Thanks. I'll check with support. I downloaded the only drivers listed on the focusrite site but they don't seem to include asio drivers.
jrutledge

Postby garfy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:21 pm

jrutledge wrote:Thanks. I'll check with support. I downloaded the only drivers listed on the focusrite site but they don't seem to include asio drivers.

If you have registered your interface on the Focusrite website, your account page should give you direct downloads to everything you need to run your interface correctly.

Depending on which model you actually have this will be the USB drivers and/or Focusrite Control software.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jrutledge » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:58 pm

I tried using AmpliTube 4 from within Reaper and the asio drivers appeared. But in stand alone mode they don't.
jrutledge

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Hmm, please continue to work with IK Multimedia support to find out why the Focusrite Scarlett ASIO driver shows up in Reaper but not in AT4.

It will be worth contacting Focusrite too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby g.p.elliott » Mon May 04, 2020 7:11 pm

Did this ever get solved ? I have exactly the same issue with a focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Gen3 ... standalone amplitube4 doesnt work (no ASIO driver found), but as a plugin its fine.
g.p.elliott

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon May 04, 2020 7:39 pm

g.p.elliott wrote:Did this ever get solved ? I have exactly the same issue with a focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Gen3 ... standalone amplitube4 doesnt work (no ASIO driver found), but as a plugin its fine.

Please contact support as suggested to the OP. I will leave this open to allow them to reply, but please understand this is not a Technical Support forum, but a user-to-user discussion forum.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby n_goodnough » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:39 am

this is such a common problem with standalone, its happened to me on multiple interfaces. ive never gotten fix it just doesnt work half of the time. :x its clearly a common problem just tell us how to fix it [Mod Edit: redacted].
n_goodnough

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:48 pm

While the problems may seem the same there may be different underlying causes.

If there were a single solution then I'm pretty sure that IK Multimedia would publish it.

Technical Support is best positioned to resolve the individual problems. Which is why we encourage users to raise Support Tickets, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby thosedreadedgnats » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:21 pm

Try this. Go to Settings > Audio Midi Setup. Then scroll down to "output device". There you should get a choice or 2. I highlighted my Focusrite USB ASIO, clicked on it and all of a sudden the settings changed allowing me to use ASIO as the Technology option....
thosedreadedgnats

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling