Amplitube 4.7 does not start on Windows 10 1803 [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4.7 does not start on Windows 10 1803 [Resolved]

Postby vallaird » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:05 pm

I just bought Amplitube 4 deluxe, Custom shop starts, Authorization manager works but Amplitube 4 does not start. Actually, when looking at the process details in Windows 10, I see Amplitube 4.exe starting, then I see RAM usage goes up to about 700 Megs and the the process crashes. I tried all the "fixes" from the other posts (setting ASIO to 44.1, running in compatibility mode, with admin rights ...) but nothing works. So far, I give it a big 0 on 10. How can a product be that bad in 2018 ? I opened a case with their online forms but got no reply. any help is appreciated.
vallaird

Re: Amplitube 4.7 does not start on Windows 10 1803

Postby vallaird » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:59 pm

Hi, I just found what the problem was, so I post my solution here in case it can help someone. The Windows user that I created to log into Windows 10 has a special character in it (because my first name has an accent in it). When Amplitube 4 starts, it tries to create some files in the AppData folder of my user but Amplitube has a bug and does not create the correct path when a special character is in it. So I created a new user in Windows 10 without any special character and now Amplitube starts normally. Hope this can help someone.
vallaird

Re: Amplitube 4.7 does not start on Windows 10 1803

Postby garfy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:51 pm

Hello vallaird and welcome to the forums.

Thanks very much for posting this solution to your problem. Those 'special' characters can quite often cause issues when creating temp files and the like. It's always best to steer clear of '.' and '-' because of this.

Also, IK Support don't usually respond to tickets on the weekend. When they reply to yours, perhaps you could explain your solution so they can log it as a potential future fix, if this is indeed a bug.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Amplitube 4.7 does not start on Windows 10 1803 [Resolve

Postby vallaird » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:29 pm

I agree that special characters should not be in a user name, but since you can potentially sell your software everywhere in the world, there are a lot of French, Finnish, Spanish, Brazilan and Italian names and surnames that contains accent (accute ...) and these names are often used as a Windows username. It's not everyone in the world that uses Windows version that are set in English USA. Amplitube should be able to better manage localization by managing folder path and special character properly.
vallaird

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling