Recordin DI to DAW but monitoring the wet through AI

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Recordin DI to DAW but monitoring the wet through AI

Postby sofokleus667 » Thu May 09, 2024 6:26 pm

Hello guy Im new with the tonex pedal.

I switched from Kemper. I managed to connent the kemper so that I would monitor the wet signal while recording the dry DI signal in my DAW. Is it possible to do sth like that with tonex? So far using the interface mode all things go through my DAW which still gives me latency.

Are there any videos demonstrating sth like that or I'll have to by a DI splitter?

Regards
Sofoklis
sofokleus667

Re: Recordin DI to DAW but monitoring the wet through AI

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 10, 2024 3:49 pm

In your use case, you'd want to set the TONEX pedal to interface mode and use it solely as an audio interface and use the TONEX software with your chosen Tone Models in your DAW on a track. That way the TONEX pedal in interface mode will send your dry/DI signal to your DAW while you are monitoring the TONEX software and the wet tones there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sofokleus667 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:14 pm

Thank you for your answer.

My problem is that if I send anything through my DAW I get latency. Also, when I set my windows audio driver to tonex I can hear tonex ONLY when monitoring a track IN my DAW. So, latency again.

Is there an option where I could set the tonex pedal to interface-dual and send one signal to my DAW but monitoring the wet signal OUTSIDE my DAW? Or I'll need to buy a DI splitter?

Regards,
Sofoklis
sofokleus667

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 10, 2024 6:53 pm

You shouldn't need to do that, that's overcomplicating it. You should be able to resolve the latency issue by using the official ASIO drivers if on Windows and making sure your buffer settings are low enough to have low latency performance (TONEX pedals are capable of very low latency performance). I'd suggest reaching out to IK Support if these suggestions don't resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sofokleus667 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 pm

When my DAW has plugins open the latency becomes a problem. This is why I want to send a clean DI to my DAW and monitor from outside my DAW the wet signal.

I dont unterstand why they chose to use an asio driver for tonex pedal. They could just make an option, one output clean and the other wet signal, without having to choose the ASIO tonex driver.
sofokleus667

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling