Tonex Garageband plugin - 10 days expired

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex Garageband plugin - 10 days expired

Postby Dirtbag333 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:26 pm

Hello,

im Alex and I bought a Tonex Pedal. Sadly I just cant get it running in Garageband.

First I wasnt able to open the Tonex Plugin at all. I Did alot of resarch I tried everything that I find to get the Plugin working.

Lately I did the workorund from IK-Multimedia:

Please do the following to authorize your IK software in Garageband 10. (Note that AmpliTube 4 is used as an example)

1. Authorize your IK software using the Authorization Manager application.
2. Launch your IK software in standalone from the Applications folder to verify it is authorized.
3. Then, open a Finder window and navigate to the below location:

Mac HD > Users > username > Library > Preferences (Note: This User Library is hidden by default. To view, press the 'alt' key while viewing the Finder > Go menu, or, open a Finder window and click up top on View > Show View Options. There is an option 'Show Library Folder', enable this.)

Here, locate the file named: com.ikmultimedia.AmpliTube 4.plist

4. Copy this folder over to the following folder location: Mac HD > Users > username > Library > Containers > com.apple.garageband10 > Data > Library > Preferences

There will already be a file of the same name in this location, select to Replace the file. Once the file has copied over, please launch Garageband 10. Insert AmpliTube 4, you are now authorized and ready to work!

After the Workaround Im facing a new issue which is really annoying -> Plugin in Garageband saying "Tonex is not authorized. The 10 days grace period has expired. Click ok to start the IK-Productmanager"..

I did reinstall Garageband.
I did reinstall tonex software.
I un-authorize and re-authorize Tonex.
I newstarted my macbook.

Nothing seems to work.

[Mod redacted: Unnecessary and review the rules when posting]

Thank you so much and greetings from germany
Alex
Dirtbag333

Re: Tonex Garageband plugin - 10 days expired

Postby babtanian » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:44 pm

I'm having the same problem and made a post about it yesterday. I also made a support request directly IK 5 days ago and have not heard back. I also did the troubleshooting workaround IK suggested in your post. Perhaps that workaround worked for Amplitube, but it doesn't for Tonex.

For me, Amplitube 5 works just fine in GarageBand - UNLESS the preset contains a Tonex model. In that case GarageBand either crashes, or I get an error prompt saying that the amp model is missing.
babtanian

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling