Used Tonex pedal question

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Used Tonex pedal question

Postby jackobsn » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:23 pm

A friend is selling his Tonex pedal.

I want to know how Amplitube 5 and Tonex MAX software is redeemed after you purchase the pedal.

Do you redeem the software in your account once and it is tied to your account . Or is it tied to the pedal can i install the software with a tonex pedal serial or something like that ?

So basicaly i'm wondering if i get software with a used pedal ...because if i don't it's just better to buy a new pedal for that price.

Thank you
jackobsn

Re: Used Tonex pedal question

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:34 pm

They would click Transfer in their IK User Area --> My Products --> TONEX Pedal --> Serials/License and it will send them an email with the three serials to provide the buyer for TONEX Pedal, AmpliTube 5, and TONEX MAX.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jackobsn » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:41 pm

I'm not sure if you're explaining the process how new software is redeemed , or how to transfer to another user.

Can you please go into more detail , i don't want to be just another device authorized under his username . The software needs to be in my IK multimedia manager

And there is a chance that the software has not even been redeemed yet ... how is it even done when bought in store in Europe and not online straight from IK Multimedia
Last edited by jackobsn on Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackobsn

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:43 pm

jackobsn wrote:I'm not sure if you're explaining the process how new software is redeemed , or how to transfer to another user.

Can you please go into more detail

How to transfer to another user. I described the process step by step for the seller.

Go to IK User Area, then My Products. Then TONEX Pedal (under Hardware), and Serials/License there. Click Transfer and it will send an email with three serials for each of the products that the seller sends to the buyer.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jackobsn » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:05 pm

Do i need to purchase a "License Transfer Credit" ?

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=44
jackobsn

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:12 pm

You do not need to purchase anything, transfer of TONEX Pedal and its software are free.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling