Automation ~ Program Changes & MIDI

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

Automation ~ Program Changes & MIDI

Postby CarlDietryn » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:31 am

Recently replied to a question on YouTube, something so many people wonder and don’t ask, hope I got it right?
@johnemerson2876 11 mo ago

Very informative video, I'm looking to enhance a compacted midi guitar/synth based rig. With 1or 3 midi controller presses. Telling the keyboard/ Guitar Effects / Song Player to change to the correct setting, via a midi controller, then i just play. Would the (Tone X Pedal) fit into this setup. Also I've NOT heard much about its MIDI Capabilities. Is it possible to CAPTURE Amp + Echo and other combinations of amp and guitar effects and use as saved patch in the (Tone X Pedal) If so, would it be possible for you to cover these issues on your channel.
Thanks
John e

@carlredenbach7223 29 min ago @carldietryn

8:31 @johnemerson2876 mate I can't believe this question you asked has been ignored, one of the best and very relevant questions I've seen relating to guitar midi / software and or physical modern devices. The stuff dreams are made of for performing half way across a stage with a bass player in your way, when you realise you're supposed to be in a lead break not a repeated chorus ~! :)) but if the lil midi gremlin had its patch changer linked to the click (track/ smpte time keeper or similar) there'd be no stomp required. Just pure performance bliss. And bottom line as a budding muso' we hate wasting $$ ~ you're question is So Valid - I'm stunned it's been bypassed for 11 months, I would've thought atleast someone from @IKMultimedia would've pounced at the chance to answer to clear the conscience of thousands of hesitant customers. I'll do their job for them, for you.

The answer is YES, this is entirely what it does best, BUT that's if you use a DAW to run the timebase of your songs. The TONEX stomp is great with or without a DAW, and negates software if you just want to manually change sounds. Automation changes can ONLY be done via MIDI Programming Changes, and in most cases a DAW
www.opendaw.art
@CarlDietryn, @CarlDNA
Mailto:Carl@nexdaw.com
CarlDietryn

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community