Request: Sunn Beta Lead

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

Request: Sunn Beta Lead

Postby Wyatt123 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:57 am

So, I've been browsing ToneNET for what feels like days, and, as a Melvins / Sunn O)) / Nirvana fan, I've always wanted to play one of the most coveted amps of all time, the Sunn Beta Lead. However, there's a distinct lack of captures, plugins, or other simulations of the Beta Lead on or off of ToneNET. There seems to be plenty on Kemper's Rig Manager, but unfortunately I don't have a Kemper Profiler, so that's out of the question. In regards to capturing one myself, I cannot afford a Beta Lead or any other clone of it, which is why I'm here on the forum. (Yes, I'm aware of the Model T captures, but I'm more of a solid-state guy.)

With that being said, if anyone (and I mean ANYONE) owns a Sunn Beta Lead (or a similar alternative, like the Hilbish Beta), can they capture it and upload it to ToneNET for guys like me who want the sound? I'm even willing to pay someone if I must.

Thanks, Wyatt123

P.S.; I also have .mp3 samples of the Sunn Beta Lead in use if I have to capture it that way, but I don't know how to get a TONEX model out of it. If I have to resort to such a dire circumstance, how can I use a sound sample as my TONEX capture "source"?
Wyatt123

Re: Request: Sunn Beta Lead

Postby Sagaie » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:58 am

Hi!

Right now I have borrowed a Sunn Beta Lead from a friend of mine and I'm planning to make some direct (without mic + cab, so you can use whatever IR you want to) captures within the next two weeks.

So far I only did captures of high gain tube amps, and I heard Tonex captures don't work as good on fuzz pedals and fuzzy distortions, but I don't know. If my captures turn out to sound good, I'll upload them to ToneNet.

Since the amp isn't mine, right now I am still figuring out what settings to capture. If you have some requests or ideas for certain settings, just let me know and I'll take it into consideration.

Also please keep in mind I am located in Europe, so the amp I am using is modded for use in 230VAC 50Hz Voltage. I don't know if that means it sounds any different.
Sagaie

Postby Wyatt123 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:01 am

thx
Wyatt123

Postby Wyatt123 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:17 am

replying to @Sagaie

Gain, EQ, and Volume at noon (5, or right in the middle) for optimal customization
Wyatt123

Postby Wyatt123 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:05 am

replying to @Sagaie

and no reverb. also single channel preferred
Wyatt123

Postby Wyatt123 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:19 pm

oh, and also use "advanced" processing if you can pls
Wyatt123

Postby Sagaie » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:47 pm

Hi again Wyatt!

I am currently working on the captures. It might take a few more days since I want to capture a lot of different settings. The amp isn't mine, so I want to get the most out of it before I give it back to my buddy.

A few more things for you to know, considering your replies:

- All captures will be made in advanced mode
- I am going to do a single channel, all on 5 setting as you requested. However, don't expect the Gain and EQ knobs in ToneX to react anything like the knobs on the real amp. The capture just is a snapshot and the settings in ToneX are just a useful tool to adjust a little. This is why it makes sense to do different captures for different amp settings, especially on a really tweakable amp like this. So if there are any more specific sounds you want to get out of it, feel free to hit me up in the meantime
- Since ToneX can't capture reverb sounds, the reverb on any of my captures will be set all the way down

An audio file as a capture source (as you suggested in your first post) is not possible, since ToneX basically sends a signal into the real amp and measures the outcome to mimic it as close as possible.

Kind regards!
Sagaie

Postby Wyatt123 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:01 pm

thx
Wyatt123

Postby Wyatt123 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:30 am

also can you publish them to ToneNET regardless of the results please thx
Wyatt123

Postby Sagaie » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:46 pm

Hello again!

I just uploaded 11 Tone Models of the Sunn Beta Lead to ToneNET.

For an overview, you can look at my profile:

https://www.tone.net/tonex/users/processed666

The settings you requested would be: "Sunn Beta Lead A Input All on 5"

Have fun!
Sagaie

Postby Wyatt123 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:14 am

omg tysm
Wyatt123

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community