Can't download IK ToneX software- please help!

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

Can't download IK ToneX software- please help!

Postby MagnumOpus007 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:43 pm

Hi All, I just received my new ToneX pedal and cannot download the software from the IK Product Manager.

I downloaded the IK Product Manager, registered the pedal, and I'm on a page for downloading software and a green check stating I'm "authorized."

However, I click to download the ToneX 1.2.3 and I get error messages stating "download path not found." I'm on a MacBook.

I don't have an IT degree, so don't know what I'm supposed to do here!
MagnumOpus007

Re: Can't download IK ToneX software- please help!

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:48 pm

Sounds like the setting for the download location in IK Product Manager is not able to be found/written to/etc. You can find this setting in IK Product Manager by clicking the gear icon in the top bar and setting the "Downloads Folder" to where you'd like the downloaded installers to be placed.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MagnumOpus007 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:18 pm

Thank you again, Peter. Really appreciate it.

I've got the software up and visible. If I want to hear the amps in the library, can I do so without dragging/dropping/overwriting with the pedal.
MagnumOpus007

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:50 pm

MagnumOpus007 wrote:Thank you again, Peter. Really appreciate it.

I've got the software up and visible. If I want to hear the amps in the library, can I do so without dragging/dropping/overwriting with the pedal.

You can audition the Tone Models in the software first before moving/dragging/dropping to TONEX Pedal.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby egusbagus » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:51 am

Peter_IK wrote:Sounds like the setting for the download location in IK Product Manager is not able to be found/written to/etc. You can find this setting in IK Product Manager by clicking the gear icon in the top bar and setting the "Downloads Folder" to where you'd like the downloaded installers to be placed.

Hi, Peter.. I experience the same problem. I've tried setting the "download folder" but it didn't work, it kept saying: APPLICATION ERROR --- The download path you've selected does not exist, you do not have permissions to write to this location, or there is insufficient space in the current download path. Please close this window to select a new path or clear up some space. (code: 108)

my drive have more than 100 GB space..
egusbagus

Postby hugo.jean7 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:08 pm

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE WAKE-UP the Ik Multimedia teams... The error code 108 STILL not fixe after all this weeks... Cannot , upgrade, OR install ANYTHING... This was a NIGHTMARE... Since the last Product Manager update : Everything is MESS...
hugo.jean7

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:34 pm

hugo.jean7 wrote:CAN SOMEONE PLEASE WAKE-UP the Ik Multimedia teams... The error code 108 STILL not fixe after all this weeks... Cannot , upgrade, OR install ANYTHING... This was a NIGHTMARE... Since the last Product Manager update : Everything is MESS...

The team is fully awake. If you've opened a ticket via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support a support rep will take care of you as soon as possible. If you have not done so yet, please do (you'll need to search the FAQ at that link and then if you don't find a resolution you'll see a button/link to open a support ticket for direct assistance). Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby OlinSPLITINHALF » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:13 pm

Running into the same issue updating Tonex:

Steps I tried:
Uninstall/reinstall IK product manager
Launch IK PM as admin
Modify save path to other locations

I had no problems installing Tonex initially, and was able to successfully install via IK PM on my laptop. Updating on my PC is where I am running into issues -> Windows 11
OlinSPLITINHALF

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community