\installation problem

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

Re: \installation problem

Postby diviya » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:07 pm

PabloX1977 wrote:I've just bought Tone X and am having problems downloading Amplitube 5 on to my PC.
It comes up with the message; Application Error - Download path not found. Please ensure a valid path is selected in the settings for your download folder.

I'm not sure what this means or what to do.

Any ideas?

The issue you're encountering while downloading Amplitube 5 could be related to the selected download path. Ensure that the designated download folder is valid by checking your settings for the correct path.
diviya

Postby maciocamelo » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:48 am

Não consigo baixar os plugins da ssl2 ele aparece a barra de dowload mas a barra não sobe. fica lá parada. Nunca vi isso.
maciocamelo

Postby ColibriX037 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:14 pm

So I just bought AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 and was getting this problem:
In my case, I was getting the 108 error code no matter what drive I was using or where the installation path was set to.

So I started the manager.exe from CMD to see if I could get some logs out of it and...
...It's using wmic.exe for the installation, a windows-system32 file that was not on my path environment variable.

After adding "C:\Windows\System32\wbem" to my path variable everything installed perfectly.

Hope this helps someone
ColibriX037

Postby ShrimpDuck » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:28 am

ColibriX037 wrote:After adding "C:\Windows\System32\wbem" to my path variable everything installed perfectly.

Thanks so much, this was exactly the fix!
ShrimpDuck

Postby pllrqst » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:31 pm

IK Multimedia should take note that wmic.exe is deprecated and no longer included by default with Windows 10 or 11. See this page for additional detail: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windo ... misdk/wmic

Thanks very much to the previous poster who suggested running in CMD to view error output.

In the meantime, anyone else hitting this issue can optionally install wmic as a workaround from windows optional features - perhaps at some point Windows will even remove the option to manually add it. Hopefully, IK can update their software to either check first that this component is installed or prompt the user to install it if not.

Error Code 108 says the directory does not exist, user does not have permissions, or there is insufficient space. None of these is the actual cause of the issue.
pllrqst

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:34 pm

Have you reported this to IK Support? They would be able to forward your issue to the dev team as necessary if there is a fix required. Thanks.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pllrqst » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestion - I have now submitted a tech support form with the details as well.
pllrqst

Postby Yunami » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:46 pm

Peter_IK

you've helped me just now!
thank you so much!
Yunami

Postby egusbagus » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:11 pm

ShrimpDuck wrote:
ColibriX037 wrote:After adding "C:\Windows\System32\wbem" to my path variable everything installed perfectly.

Thanks so much, this was exactly the fix!

Hi.. newbie here, can someone tell me how to add "C:\Windows\System32\wbem" to my path variable?

thank you in advance
egusbagus

Postby lukebell » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:23 pm

I fixed this on macOS by creating the folder at

Macintosh HD⁩ > ⁨Users⁩ > ⁨USERNAME > ⁨Documents⁩ > ⁨IK Multimedia⁩ > ⁨IK Product Manager⁩

then setting that to the download location in the IK Product Manager. I had to create the folder in that exact location (changing to an already-existing folder didn't work).

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1406
lukebell

Postby FenrirTheWolf » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:52 pm

lukebell wrote:I fixed this on macOS by creating the folder at

Macintosh HD⁩ > ⁨Users⁩ > ⁨USERNAME > ⁨Documents⁩ > ⁨IK Multimedia⁩ > ⁨IK Product Manager⁩

then setting that to the download location in the IK Product Manager. I had to create the folder in that exact location (changing to an already-existing folder didn't work).

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1406

This also worked for me on windows, had to create the "IK Product Manager⁩" folder within Documents⁩ > ⁨IK Multimedia manually.
FenrirTheWolf

Postby gdtoneX » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:40 pm

I'm experiencing this today as well.Was working just fine the first day, today, no go. I'm trying to download on the specified IK Multimedia > IK Product Manager folder, but still getting the code 108 error.
gdtoneX

Postby gdtoneX » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:15 pm

gdtoneX wrote:I'm experiencing this today as well.Was working just fine the first day, today, no go. I'm trying to download on the specified IK Multimedia > IK Product Manager folder, but still getting the code 108 error.

Welp, looks like there was an IK Prod Manager update to v. 1_1_0. Installed and looks like I'm back in business for now. ;)
gdtoneX

Postby melikhaydar » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:38 pm

I just got an axe solo and I had the same issue with both Windows and Mac installation. Below are the solutions that worked for me:

Windows:
1- Manually create the default download folder or select another download folder.
2- Exit IK Product Manager. Right click IK Product Manager shortcut while holding down shift. Select run as administrator.

Mac:
1-First step above did the trick.
melikhaydar

Postby Corkscrew » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:59 pm

For me it worked by changing the download path to the same folder that you unzipped and used to download the product manager in! Hope it helps as i couldnt even start the installation at all and im quite sure i dont have a 0 byte download speed. Hope this helps! :D :mrgreen:
Corkscrew

PreviousNext

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community