\installation problem

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

\installation problem

Postby PabloX1977 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:25 pm

I've just bought Tone X and am having problems downloading Amplitube 5 on to my PC.
It comes up with the message; Application Error - Download path not found. Please ensure a valid path is selected in the settings for your download folder.

I'm not sure what this means or what to do.

Any ideas?
PabloX1977

Re: \installation problem

Postby Astromuzik » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:50 pm

Did you fix this? 'cause i also have this problem.
Astromuzik

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:46 pm

Sounds like the setting for the download location in IK Product Manager is not able to be found/written to/etc. You can find this setting in IK Product Manager by clicking the gear icon in the top bar and setting the "Downloads Folder" to where you'd like the downloaded installers to be placed.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Astromuzik » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:39 pm

thanx peter, worked for me.
Astromuzik

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:37 pm

Astromuzik wrote:thanx peter, worked for me.

Great to hear! Thanks for letting me know.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby @Dashton84 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:19 pm

thanks! worked fine
@Dashton84

Postby PabloX1977 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:23 pm

Thanks!
PabloX1977

Postby wap.vpta » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:28 am

Obrigado pela ajuda.
wap.vpta

Postby danielizm » Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:11 am

Peter_IK wrote:Sounds like the setting for the download location in IK Product Manager is not able to be found/written to/etc. You can find this setting in IK Product Manager by clicking the gear icon in the top bar and setting the "Downloads Folder" to where you'd like the downloaded installers to be placed.

I tried this, it still isn't working. I'm trying to install TR5 that I just purchased. I can install anything else in IK PM but TR5.

I've tried:

-Changing the download path
-Manually uninstalling all IK plugins
-Uninstalling IK PM
-Reinstalling IK PM
-Restart x4

Any thoughts, Peter?
danielizm

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:07 pm

danielizm wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Sounds like the setting for the download location in IK Product Manager is not able to be found/written to/etc. You can find this setting in IK Product Manager by clicking the gear icon in the top bar and setting the "Downloads Folder" to where you'd like the downloaded installers to be placed.

I tried this, it still isn't working. I'm trying to install TR5 that I just purchased. I can install anything else in IK PM but TR5.

I've tried:

-Changing the download path
-Manually uninstalling all IK plugins
-Uninstalling IK PM
-Reinstalling IK PM
-Restart x4

Any thoughts, Peter?

Sorry to hear that. I would recommend working with IK Support at this point. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby GIANCARLO84 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:03 pm

thanx peter, worked for me too =D
GIANCARLO84

Postby SmittyJsmith » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:14 pm

Not working for me (SURFACE PRO 7, WIN 10 PRO, IK MGR).

My original support ticket dated Sept 13, has not been answered, so i purchased a reactivation credit for Sampletank 4 sounds, which is what I'm trying to install. All programs and applications are installed and authorized; i just cannot install the sounds. (they are available to download for the next 180 days.)

I've tried numerous locations to download to, including FAQ suggested Windows locations and Sample content locations in Sampletank 4 app.

UPDATE: now working. Technically, i didn't download anything, but instead, I just restarted my pc. Fortunately, this is planned for use in live performance, and why windows is still years behind apple os for music.

How do i request a refund for sounds reactivation?
SmittyJsmith

Postby MeriWil » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:11 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Astromuzik wrote:thanx peter, worked for me.

Great to hear! Thanks for letting me know.

This solution also worked for me. Thank you very much Peter ;)
MeriWil

Postby unperson » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:31 pm

PabloX1977 wrote:I've just bought Tone X and am having problems downloading Amplitube 5 on to my PC.
It comes up with the message; Application Error - Download path not found. Please ensure a valid path is selected in the settings for your download folder.

I'm not sure what this means or what to do.

Any ideas?

I just bumped into the same problem where it would throw this error: "Insufficient space in the current download path. Please free up space or select a new path in Settings. (code: 108)".
When I changed the path in the settings to a different folder the "Install" button would either not react to my clicks or it would queue all installations forever.
So I checked the default installation folder C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager and it wasn't even created after I installed "IK Product Manager".

This resolved after I manually created these two folders and kept the download path in Settings as is. Download and installation worked immediately afterwards.

Cheers!
unperson

Postby mkettle50@gmail.com » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:44 pm

I just bought Amplitube 5 max. Followed the "Instructions" and it just stalls at the point of downloading. Tried re installing product manager still no luck. Win11, norton antivirus. If anyone knows the answer I would love to start using this poroduct now and not have to wait until next week....thats if I can ever get it working.
mkettle50@gmail.com

Next

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community