TONEX and garage band on Mac problems

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

TONEX and garage band on Mac problems

Postby giacomop81 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:37 pm

Hi all,
I have some problems using TONEX (plug-in) and garage band on my Mac.
Both are updated to the last version but TONEX seems it doesn’t work properly.

First of all, at garage band startup, if I’m using TONEX on a track, I get a message to restart TONEX and turn on ik multimedia connect because I’m using the free version.

Second, the Tone Net is always with red bullet but info tab says I’m connected and I don’t see any of the amp I downloaded in the standalone TONEX plug-in (it seems to be a complete disconnected different instance of the software)

And last, when I try to search in tone net, I get a “103 error” (no account found).

Well, I hope all this info are useful to get some help from some of you.

Thank for the answers
giacomop81

Re: TONEX and garage band on Mac problems

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:20 pm

Sorry to see that other users haven't chimed in here. Have you reached out to IK Support on this issue? Are you still having problems? Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby joesimone » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:56 pm

I’m having the same problem and got this from IK, “Apple does not allow Garageband to connect with the internet, some plugins which require internet access may not function correctly unfortunately.”

I don’t understand this. I know others that TONEX in GarageBand on a Mac and it works fine.
joesimone

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:23 pm

joesimone wrote:I’m having the same problem and got this from IK, “Apple does not allow Garageband to connect with the internet, some plugins which require internet access may not function correctly unfortunately.”

I don’t understand this. I know others that TONEX in GarageBand on a Mac and it works fine.

I would recommend installing the latest version of TONEX that was just released today and if that doesn't work I'd go back to IK Support stating that it works for others and if they can take a further look and/or escalate. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ddt027 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:08 pm

Have you been able to resolve this? I'm having similar issue which renders TONEX plug-in unusable in the Garageband. When I go to Plug-ins and enable the TONEX it opens the window of a TONEX instance but after a short while I get a message in the middle:

"Authorization missing! Please quit TONEX and re-authorize using IK's Product Manager"

If I do what the message says, there is no change.

Environment:
Garageband 10.4.8
TONEX 1.2.4
MAC OS 12.6.7 Monterey
ddt027

Postby joesimone » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:16 am

I would recommend installing the latest version of TONEX that was just released today and if that doesn't work I'd go back to IK Support stating that it works for others and if they can take a further look and/or escalate. Thanks![/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion. I updated the apps and no change. I contacted IK again and they asked me to try it on another Mac, which I don’t have. I let them know that and am waiting for another response. Pretty disappointing.
joesimone

Postby ddt027 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:38 am

Just tried on another Mac with lower versions of OS and Garageband and got the same exact message.

Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina
Garageband 10.3.5
TONEX 1.2.4
ddt027

Postby joesimone » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:56 pm

Here’s what I got from IK today. No real solution.

Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

Unfortunately we cannot force Garageband to access the internet; our suggestion is to download presets in standalone mode and launch Garageband and iinsert the plugin to use the presets.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If you still have any question, interests, or concerns, please reply to this email and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible. Please make sure to reply to this email and do not open another support ticket.
joesimone

Postby ddt027 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:02 pm

Thank you, as you say - no real solution.
So what about all of the hundreds of my own presets which I created on my own? I don't want to use the online stuff yet, for me it is very important to get my own models working in Garageband. That also doesn't work. Basically the whole TONEX plug-in isn't usable, it won't let you to do anything due to the message in the middle.

IK Multimedia, anybody?
ddt027

Postby joesimone » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:05 pm

I just came across this and haven’t tried it yet. It looks like a work around for this issue.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1141
joesimone

Postby ddt027 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:06 pm

I tried this, multiple times, didn't work for me.
ddt027

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community