de-register/deactivate my TONEX pedal for resale

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

de-register/deactivate my TONEX pedal for resale

Postby tonexuser10 » Mon May 29, 2023 1:56 pm

Hi, I am trying to de-register/deactivate my TONEX pedal for resale. When I log into my account and go to my products, it's on it does not give me an option to initiate a transfer or to remove/deactivate from my account. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks,
Derek
tonexuser10

Re: de-register/deactivate my TONEX pedal for resale

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 30, 2023 6:01 pm

In your IK User Area --> My Products you should see a "Transfer" button. Once you click that it is instant so please know you are selling your pedal when you click that button.

Since you don't seem to see that there, I would suggest reaching out to IK Support who have access to your account information and can assist you further.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tonexuser10 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:03 pm

Thanks very much, I have reached out to IK support however they don't seem to be providing any solution and I just keep going around an email circles… about five round trips back and forth of correspondence. I have also purchased a transfer credit, and for some reason that is not allowing me the transfer option either. Not sure exactly what a transfer credit is for, but I would like to get a refund.

Thanks,
Derek
tonexuser10

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:33 pm

What is your ticket number?
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tonexuser10 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:45 pm

Thanks very much for reaching out Peter. I just received correspondence within the past 20 min so I think a resolution may be underway. #7372808

Thanks,
Derek
tonexuser10

Postby Aimhill » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:00 pm

I would like to get some information about this, because I'm about to register the ToneX Pedal I bought. I'm not sure I did understand the passage regarding the "bonus software" correctly: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tonexpedal/#apps

On the bottom of the page it is mentioned "Bonus content is non-transferrable and has no cash value". I'd like to know what that means before registering.

Of course I understand well, that IK does not allow to sell the "bonus" Amplitube 5 license to make some money.

But what if a user would decide to sell his Tonex Pedal? Would it mean he could NOT transfer the "Bonus content" with it?

Or would he just unregister the hardware so that the new user could register the hardware on his account? Could the new user then also gain access to the "bonus software", because those licenses are available to each user that actually registered the hardware?

I kindly ask for clarification in this regard.

All the best!
Aimhill

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:35 pm

If you transfer your TONEX Pedal, the AmpliTube 5 and TONEX MAX software will transfer as well.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Aimhill » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:41 pm

Thanks Peter for that quick and helpful answer!
Aimhill

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:42 pm

Aimhill wrote:Thanks Peter for that quick and helpful answer!

Any time!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bassvp » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:34 am

Peter, maybe you can help me flesh this topic out that may be helpful for someone else.

I have just bought a Tonex pedal second hand and received (from the previous owner), an email from IK saying that the transfer was successfully processed and it had 3 serial numbers in the email. One is the one that originally came with the pedal, but then there were two others.

I registered the pedal successfully with the serial number, but do not see the option to upgrade to Tonex Max. Is there anything special I am missing to get the software that should come with the pedal? (I also just submitted an email to support).

Thanks!
bassvp

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:29 pm

bassvp wrote:Peter, maybe you can help me flesh this topic out that may be helpful for someone else.

I have just bought a Tonex pedal second hand and received (from the previous owner), an email from IK saying that the transfer was successfully processed and it had 3 serial numbers in the email. One is the one that originally came with the pedal, but then there were two others.

I registered the pedal successfully with the serial number, but do not see the option to upgrade to Tonex Max. Is there anything special I am missing to get the software that should come with the pedal? (I also just submitted an email to support).

Thanks!

You would need to register all three of those serial numbers which would be for the TONEX Pedal, AmpliTube 5, and TONEX MAX.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bassvp » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:02 pm

Couldn't find the Register button within the software easily, but I've got it.

For anyone worried, I have successfully registered a used product and software licenses, so it appears that I have access to Amplitube 5 as well as the fully functional Tonex app without any greyed-out models!

Cheers!
bassvp

Postby Aimhill » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:58 pm

One more question to Peter_IK: Is transfering the license (when selling used) possible only once (for the first original owner) or can the buyer transfer the license again if he sells the TONEX pedal?

Does IK charge a fee for the license transfer?

These questions arised after reading a post from a possibly not well informed user in a forum (unfortunately I don't remember which one) who said there would be restrictions or fees.
Aimhill

Postby Paterignis » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:21 am

Boa noite amigos , estou com dificuldades para passar o acesso do pedal toneX , nos meus produtos não aparece a opção de transferir, já vendi o pedal e o novo proprietário está esperando a licença para poder usá-lo , fiz meu cadastro dia 09/11/2023 , mas não me adaptei , vendi e agora não consigo transferir, comprei o pedal usado e o antigo dono transferiu para minha conta sem problemas nenhum , se puder me ajudar , já comprei crédito de transferência mas mesmo assim não aparece essa opção do pedal toneX , se puder me ajudar , obrigado
Att

PeterBass
Paterignis

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:25 pm

Paterignis wrote:Boa noite amigos , estou com dificuldades para passar o acesso do pedal toneX , nos meus produtos não aparece a opção de transferir, já vendi o pedal e o novo proprietário está esperando a licença para poder usá-lo , fiz meu cadastro dia 09/11/2023 , mas não me adaptei , vendi e agora não consigo transferir, comprei o pedal usado e o antigo dono transferiu para minha conta sem problemas nenhum , se puder me ajudar , já comprei crédito de transferência mas mesmo assim não aparece essa opção do pedal toneX , se puder me ajudar , obrigado
Att

PeterBass

Please contact IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw and they will take a look.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community