Faulty Tonex Pedal?

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

Faulty Tonex Pedal?

Postby jpoparad » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:10 pm

I just got a Tonex pedal today but I can't seem to get it to work correctly. When I power it in, it immediately goes into name editing mode and I can't exit it. The A/B/C footswitches don't do anything and the only thing I can do with the Model or Preset kobs is edit the preset name characters. Holding them has no effect.

If I really quickly press Model when it's booting up, the screen says "Saved" and I can mostly use the other knobs, but the Alt function on the Parameter knob and A/B/C still don't work.

I did a recovery of the unit through the editing software and it didn't change anything.

Am I doing something wrong or is my unit damaged?
jpoparad

Re: Faulty Tonex Pedal?

Postby DarkStar » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:45 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby martinne1 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:46 am

I just received a tonex pedal, opened up the box, powered it on, and its stuck on the TONEX screen. None of the buttons or knobs are responsive. Any way to factory reset it?
martinne1

Postby KitGibson » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:46 am

I was asking the same thing... is there a factory reset for the Tonex pedal. Its not in the user manual.
KitGibson

Postby martinne1 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:10 am

I called tech support and they manually updated the firmware and pedal has been working great! Love this pedal!
martinne1

Postby KitGibson » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:51 pm

I have performed the Factory reset and firmware update and now pedal is completely non functional. I don’t know how tech support could have updated the pedal remotely? Or are you saying that they provided you instructions on performing the reset? Either way my pedal is a brick at this point. Hoping IK will stand behind product… so far they have been good at responding.
KitGibson

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community