My thoughts on Tonex so far

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

My thoughts on Tonex so far

Postby alexkoepp » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:20 am

First off, the interface sucks. It should be much easier to browse tone models based on official IK models, tonenet, downloaded models, personal captures. You have to click all over the screen and use obscure filters to find what you want. Also, the sorting order options don't seem to work when i want to organize by name, drive character, etc when I'm browsing the official "collections" which makes it more difficult to compare sounds when your seemingly jumping around to random amps, gain structures. There is a feature on the Tonex pedal that lets you name banks, but seems fairly pointless, at minimum the library should show the names of the banks.

During the capture phase you should have an option to capture both amp and cab and just the amp in a single capture session so you can pair it with a physical cab and your favorite cab sims. I think this could be done but i'm not positive.

In a version 2 or a Tonex Pedal Pro, you should allow the use of at least 2 models, so you can pair an amp with a pedal, or make a dual amp setup. Also increase the internal storage. I can't imagine a tone model takes up much space, you should be able to save a thousand tones or more instead of the pedal only housing 150. An effects loop on the pedal would also be nice. I don't really care it isn't there but it seems to be a common criticism. I'd also like a better display that can clearly display full names of presets, I don't like that it scrolls one time to read then you just get the first few characters only. At very least, let the names scroll continuously.

It's a great product lineup for sure but needs some quality of life improvements. The pedal definitely needs a premium version in the next 1-2 years.
alexkoepp

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community