Can't download presets on Mac

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

Can't download presets on Mac

Postby bmisf@mus1C » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:13 am

New Tonex pedal user, downloaded all the proper software, set up a ToneNet account, am successfully logged into ToneNet on my web browser. Latest MacOS on a MacBook Pro M1max.

First, on ToneNet I can see presets, and they show what looks like a download button (not on the popup screen with details, btw—only on the listings screen). Clicking that button does nothing in Safari or Firefox.

In ToneX and the other IK software whenever I click ToneNet in the top bar, or the refresh button on what looks like it should be my list of presets online, I get the error message "103: Please verify that you have created a valid ToneNET account. For more information, click on the button below to open www.tone.net". However, I am logged in, in multiple browsers. Nothing fixes this.

The like button works, but the download doesn't. It's also odd that there's no download button on a preset's detailed info popup that you see when clicking a profile in the list.

What's going on? Why can't I download profiles or associate them with my account?
bmisf@mus1C

Re: Can't download presets on Mac

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:36 pm

You cannot download Tone Models from the web version of ToneNET. You'll need to do this within the software itself. Since you appear to be having issues with ToneNET in the TONEX software please open a ticket with IK Support and they will help you with that issue and you should be able to download Tone Models as you wish.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bmisf@mus1C » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:52 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'll open a ticket—but it's also confusing that there is a download button on the site; it makes it seem one might be able to click that button to at least mark a preset for download and then see the marked items in TONEX.

I'll post back here if I'm given a solution, as I've noted some other folks having this issue.
bmisf@mus1C

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:33 pm

bmisf@mus1C wrote:Thanks for the reply. I'll open a ticket—but it's also confusing that there is a download button on the site; it makes it seem one might be able to click that button to at least mark a preset for download and then see the marked items in TONEX.

I'll post back here if I'm given a solution, as I've noted some other folks having this issue.

There isn't a solution as that's not a feature (marking something for download in the web version). That is a visual representation of how many times that particular Tone Model has been downloaded in the software so you can gauge its popularity. If you feel you want to "bookmark" it give it a like and then you'll be able to grab it more easily in the software when you have it open.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bmisf@mus1C » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:39 pm

The solution I hope to post about is regarding the inability to use ToneNet within TONEX and other software, despite being properly logged in on several MacOS browsers. I did file a ticket for that earlier today.

Liking a preset on the web site doesn’t help at the moment since TONEX won’t connect with my account, though I appreciate the suggestion to use that to “tag” things of interest. And thanks for the clarification on the download icon.
bmisf@mus1C

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:45 pm

Ah yes, they will be able to help you with that. If it requires something on their end like "synching" your logins (main IK/site and ToneNET) or similar they'll know exactly what to do. If something else, they'll figure it out.

And I've also bumped the request to see if there's any way, even with a little messaging/guidance, to download (or at least "tag for download") on the web version of ToneNET. Otherwise I know from experience that one can get distracted before they get to open TONEX on their computer and download those Tone Models! :D
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bmisf@mus1C » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:08 pm

Thanks, Peter, for all the help.

Inexplicably (or perhaps because support fixed something on the server side) I now am able to connect to ToneNet within TONEX and view the list of patches there.

However, there still appears to be no way to download them within TONEX; the "..." menu mentioned in the manual does not appear on the Info View, and right-clicking (or command- or control-clicking) a preset in the list does nothing.

It does appear that it's possible to drag and drop between the ToneNet list and the librarian list for the pedal, so I'll experiment with that. I'll also see if AmpliTube 5 functions any better.

Perhaps the software is still a work in progress, especially on Mac...
bmisf@mus1C

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:29 pm

bmisf@mus1C wrote:Perhaps the software is still a work in progress, especially on Mac...

I use it daily on Mac, I'm sure the support team can figure out why things aren't working for you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community