How to download Tone.net captures?

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

How to download Tone.net captures?

Postby polich » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:46 pm

Forgive me for asking a really really REALLY dumb question.

How EXACTLY does one download new captures for Tonex from Tone.net?

Here's what I think you do..

1. Login to Tone.net. Browse the captures for TONEX.
2. When I find one I like, I "like" it (by clicking on the "thumbs up" icon). I then see, in the upper right corner of the panel for that capture, an icon that looks like a downwards arrow.
I click on it.
3. Andddddd....nothing. It doesn't download. I check TONEX to see if it did. No joy.

I've tried this same procedure from within TONEX itself. I simply cannot download additional captures to TONEX on my Mac.

What am I doing wrong?
polich

Re: How to download Tone.net captures?

Postby Lockum77 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:35 pm

I am having this issue as well, i have to download on the tonex application of the computer but then doesn't synchronize between the tonex on the computer and the tonex on the ios.
Is there any problem on the web tonenet and on the sync between different platforms?
Lockum77

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:00 am

Lockum77 wrote:I am having this issue as well, i have to download on the tonex application of the computer but then doesn't synchronize between the tonex on the computer and the tonex on the ios.
Is there any problem on the web tonenet and on the sync between different platforms?

Your purchased library syncs (Premium Tone Models) and you can download any User Tone Models from ToneNET on your iOS device if you'd like to use them there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:04 am

polich wrote:Forgive me for asking a really really REALLY dumb question.

How EXACTLY does one download new captures for Tonex from Tone.net?

Here's what I think you do..

1. Login to Tone.net. Browse the captures for TONEX.
2. When I find one I like, I "like" it (by clicking on the "thumbs up" icon). I then see, in the upper right corner of the panel for that capture, an icon that looks like a downwards arrow.
I click on it.
3. Andddddd....nothing. It doesn't download. I check TONEX to see if it did. No joy.

I've tried this same procedure from within TONEX itself. I simply cannot download additional captures to TONEX on my Mac.

What am I doing wrong?

There is a download button. Please refer to the ToneNET section of the TONEX User Manual (starts on page 40). Here you can find these instructions about the download button:

When the button is pressed the LIST VIEW is populated with TONE MODELs from ToneNET.

When you are browsing ToneNET TONE MODELs you can try them just like you would with yours, but these TONE MODELs are hosted online.

To save and download a ToneNET TONE MODEL press the download button so you can access it even when you are offline.

If that is not working for you (as it seems you have clicked that button), please reach out to IK Support for direct assistance. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby polich » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:33 am

Peter, thanks as always. Yes I finally figured it out and was able to
download some Supro models I wanted (hard to find Supro captures, by the way).
polich

Postby scottbalcer14 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:10 pm

Im Having same issue i cant download any on web or in the app. how did u end up getting it to work?
scottbalcer14

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:57 pm

scottbalcer14 wrote:Im Having same issue i cant download any on web or in the app. how did u end up getting it to work?

See above for instructions and specifics on where you can find more information in the manual. Note that you cannot download from the web.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mlewis2112 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:01 pm

I have a problem with downloads I hope someone can help with. I just did a clean install of windows on my computer and I lost the 20 free downloads I had. Is there any way I can recover these?
mlewis2112

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community