UX is not great fellas

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

UX is not great fellas

Postby ElectricRay » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:23 pm

Really struggling to get along with TONEX. I have managed to model three amps and a stomp, but putting them together and getting them into Amplitube is proving HARD.

- How to access tone net? I am logged into product manager, i have an internet connection, but I still get a red light, so I can't upload/download anything from tone net. What gives?

- How, actually, do you download anything from tone net? where is the download button?

- How do you combine a stomp and an amp in Tonex? I have modelled both: I want to put them together. How?

- How do I access the gear I have modelled from Amplitube and therefore use it in a DAW?

These are basic questions and it shouldn't require a forum or helpdesk to sort these out. Why is the user interface so hard to follow!
ElectricRay

Re: UX is not great fellas

Postby jhall123 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:43 pm

I do it by opening two instances of TONEX MAXX in my DAW. I can then use each.
Or alternatively you can profile your pedal and amp together.
If you Have Amplitube-5 you can insert a TONEX profiled amp into the amp slot and tweak to your heart's delight as far as signal chain too.
jhall123

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:08 pm

Outside of not (yet) having a specific stomp slot for TONEX Tone Models in AmpliTube 5 (and if you have connectivity issues with ToneNET that should and would understandably need direct support for your specific issue with it), it seems most other questions can be answered in the User Manuals for TONEX and AmpliTube 5. I would recommend anybody having problems with any included functionality and finding how it all works giving those a read through. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TheMiko1976 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:49 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Outside of not (yet) having a specific stomp slot for TONEX Tone Models in AmpliTube 5 (and if you have connectivity issues with ToneNET that should and would understandably need direct support for your specific issue with it), it seems most other questions can be answered in the User Manuals for TONEX and AmpliTube 5. I would recommend anybody having problems with any included functionality and finding how it all works giving those a read through. Thanks!

Any idea of when this issue will be corrected by IK? I too find ToneX to be hard to work with. I know how to open the amps & pedals with Amplitube, but the presets in ToneX are nowhere to be found in AmpliTube. Also, not being able to see or adjust the pedals in the ToneX presets is ridiculous. What guitarist wouldn't want that option?

And the manual doesn't address using Amplitube and ToneX together. Some told me how to do it on a Facebook forum.
TheMiko1976

Postby TheMiko1976 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:56 pm

jhall123 wrote:I do it by opening two instances of TONEX MAXX in my DAW. I can then use each.
If you Have Amplitube-5 you can insert a TONEX profiled amp into the amp slot and tweak to your heart's delight as far as signal chain too.

I'd love to be able to replace amps as you stated but the amps in ToneX don't show up as choices. I have to click a tab at the top of Amplitube and click on it twice. The amp at the bottom never changes, but I can see the Amp I chose at the top. Pedals don't show up in Amplitube either. The interface is clunky.
TheMiko1976

Postby jhall123 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:23 pm

TheMiko1976 wrote:
jhall123 wrote:I do it by opening two instances of TONEX MAXX in my DAW. I can then use each.

I'd love to be able to replace amps as you stated but the amps in ToneX don't show up as choices. I have to click a tab at the top of Amplitube and click on it twice. The amp at the bottom never changes, but I can see the Amp I chose at the top. Pedals don't show up in Amplitube either. The interface is clunky.

Did you try scrolling to the bottom of your amps list? That's how I found mine after having a similar problem at first. (By the way I have A-5 Max) if it is relevant.
jhall123

Postby TheMiko1976 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:44 pm

jhall123 wrote:
TheMiko1976 wrote:

Did you try scrolling to the bottom of your amps list? That's how I found mine after having a similar problem at first. (By the way I have A-5 Max) if it is relevant.

Yes. I clicked on the tab that OTHER and it gave me the option to choose the amps via the tab I mentioned. The amps/pedals don't show up in the side panel. Can't drag and drop as you can. I hope IK addresses this as I'm not the only one with this issue. It would be great to see my chain on the lower panel in Amplitube.
TheMiko1976

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:35 pm

Unfortunately hoping isn't going to get your issue resolved but reporting it directly to the IK Support team will. They will have much better and official suggestions and supply assistance as that is their role at IK (this forum is not a tech support forum). They can also give you a status on any fix that is slated for an upcoming release/update and have access to systems and information that no user/moderator/admin on this forum has. Please open a ticket if you have not already done so and they will happily assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community