White Noise Issue with Presets

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

White Noise Issue with Presets

Postby FearinLoathin222 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:02 am

Hello Forum! Great to be a part of the Amplitube community.

I am having issues with the ToneNET presets. The first (and only) example I came across was that if I download a preset into the program that has elements that I don't have, and then I change those elements (in this case, the head and cabinet) to elements I do have, I still get white noise. Why is that? I assume that if I find something I like, I should be able to make it compatible with the gear I have. This doesn't seem to be the case... Anyway, I just ended up copying the settings on each piece of gear in the preset and used the cab and head I have.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something? Again (for clarity), if I select a preset that has gear I don't own, then change that gear to stuff I do own, the preset still acts as though it is being used with the gear I don't have (white noise). Hopefully I'm not the only one that has experienced this. Thanks in advance!
FearinLoathin222

Re: White Noise Issue with Presets

Postby FearinLoathin222 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:11 am

Ok, there's a bigger issue. Regardless of the preset I choose (even the ones in which I should be fully compatible, no little warning sign in the top right), I'm still getting the stupid white noise. What's the deal... It has made the feature useless.
FearinLoathin222

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:13 pm

This would happen if you don't have gear that is contained in the preset. However, you can try any gear you don't have using the built in Custom Shop features.

With thousands of people creating thousands of presets it is bound to happen that some may use gear that you do not have. But again, if you'd like to experience the preset as the creator intended you can try the gear that you don't have quickly and easily right inside AmpliTube 5.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Okudoduma990 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:08 am

Why do some patches have background noise/static and others are crystal clear? It seems I have a hard time pushing volumes on some of them without them being too noisy. Any ideas? I have tried several audio interfaces and the issue exists with all. My first though was that it was an effect but I don't find that to always be the case. I never owned a real DX7. Is this noise true to the original?
Okudoduma990

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community