I Just Installed Amplitube 5, how do I get presets ToneNET?

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

I Just Installed Amplitube 5, how do I get presets ToneNET?

Postby aeiou15@protonmail.com » Mon May 16, 2022 2:41 am

Ok its taken me from May 2 until now to get Amplitube 5 working because of messages like
1) Amplitube 5 is not compatible with Ableton. Then shuts down. General error window.
2) Amplitube 5 is not compatible with Ableton. A big green stripe on the top right of Ableton
3) The drive or UNC you chose to install is not available. Then shuts down. This is actually because there were files leftover from a previous Amplitube 5 install. Go into windows system and delete anything there as well, not just windows apps uninstall.

But where are the instructions to get started downloading from the website into my daw? From what ive pieced together we click on the thumbs up, bottom left of each preset. I cant find anything here on the forum that says how to get the sound loaded in the daw?

Lots of authenticating. Lots of clicking. Very little music.
aeiou15@protonmail.com

Re: I Just Installed Amplitube 5, how do I get presets ToneN

Postby aeiou15@protonmail.com » Mon May 16, 2022 3:37 am

So I cant do anything unless the green light inside the ToneNET button in my daw is lit. It indicates that you are connected to the Internet and your IK account is logged into the IK Product Manager. If the light is red, there is no Internet connection or you are not logged in to the IK Product Manager.

My button is still red. I am online sending this message here, so I am online but still not connected. I am also logged into the Product Manager its loaded up behind this browser and fully authorized there for Amplitube 5.

Can someone please give some guidance? It would be very appreciated

By the way if anyone is looking for the tone net guide it is hiding on the tone net home page.
Top right under a drop down menu
aeiou15@protonmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 16, 2022 3:00 pm

You need to set up your ToneNET account first. You can do that by clicking Get Started on the Tone.net web site.

If you've already done that, please unauthorize and then reauthorize AmpliTube 5 via IK Product Manager. If that doesn't help please contact IK Support who can assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby aeiou15@protonmail.com » Mon May 16, 2022 8:31 pm

I have a Tonenet account. I am logged into that account.
I have unauthorized and then reauthorized AmpliTube 5 via IK Product Manager.
I have connected my computer to the internet with an ethernet cable.
There is still no communication between Amplitube 5 and the internet. I have a red dot again today.
All my other plugins have loaded with internet access.
I am waiting to hear from email support.
aeiou15@protonmail.com

Postby BassGuy99 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:12 pm

Not sure if this is relevant, but whenever I start Amplitube5, the ToneNet button always has a red dot until I click on it. Then it looks for the presets on ToneNet and turns green. Apologies if this is not the issue you are having.
BassGuy99

Postby digadam5150 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:44 am

Not sure if you ever resolved this. I have the same problem. IK support yet to resolve and I've tried all the tricks of unauthorising, re-authorising etc. can't get that button to turn green despite logged into everything (ik product manager, tone.net etc with same credentials).

The only thing I can think of is all of my browsers tell me thtat tone.net is not a safe site before i enter and that there is not a valide security certificate. Once i ignore this I can got to tone.net and log in no problem, but perhaps there is some behind the scenes blocker that prevents amplitutude from talking to the tone.net website.
digadam5150

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community