Gripes and Suggestions

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

Gripes and Suggestions

Postby DHL » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:23 pm

First off, it’s about fricken time! A preset community is a great way to create interest in Amplitube. I love the functionality of the preset sharing system that P.G. has with their two amp sim products (although I dislike the actual products).

But Tone.net needs some tweaking to make it more user friendly.

1. Browsing entire collections from within Amplitube. I shouldn’t have to use my internet browser to like presets so they show up in a list in the program.

2. Stop pi$$ing me off! :D Kind of. I keep pressing on the scrolling tabs at the top of the webpage, and from within Amplitube to access preset collections, but instead I’m clicking a link to a product page on your website. Super annoying!

3. Who actually created the collections presets? Am I to believe that Dimebag Darrell created his own presets? It’s very misleading.

4.A 3 day gear demo? Really??

5. I can’t ever picture myself sorting through a Song Parts category.

I do really like the new preset functionality, but it feels like it should have been left in the oven a little longer.
DHL

Re: Gripes and Suggestions

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:25 pm

Thank you for the feedback, I have relayed it to the team.

Please note the following points, though:

1. ToneNET is integrated into AmpliTube 5.4 so you don't need to use the web version at all if you don't want to, you can find the presets there.

2. When you click on a graphic like the Slash graphic you should go to the VIP collection with the Slash presets. I just checked this and that's how it was working. For things like AXE I/O there will be no collection associated so you'll go to a product page to read more if you are interested. Edit - but I do understand where you're coming from with regard to having a similar VIP filter etc inside AmpliTube 5 and I've already also relayed thoughts about improving searchability in general.

3. If you read the information about Dimebag CFH Collection for AmpilTube you can see that we worked closely with Grady Champion (Dimebag's longtime tech and close friend) and the estate to get his tone exactly right and the gear modeled / presets made. We also have Joe Satriani presets made by the man himself, etc. This is typical of any collection IK makes for AmpliTube - we don't just slap someone's name on an official collection, and the artists and brands we work with wouldn't have it any other way but 100% authentic.

4. This has always been the demo period for AmpliTube gear. This is not a ToneNET change or feature.

5. Relayed that you do not feel this feature useful but note that not every feature will resonate with every user. AmpliTube has literally millions of users.

As far as being in the oven longer this is a public preview and the pages have beta by the logo so you can absolutely look forward to an amazing evolution of the platform. We're only 108,000+ preset downloads out of the gate, here's to millions more and an incredible journey along the way.

Thank you for being part of the community from the beginning and again thank you for your feedback.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Gripes and Suggestions

Postby elammark13 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:35 pm

If I can add on to this rather than start a new topic...

Really loving the idea of Tone.net. It's definitely overdue, but VERY welcome!

I have noticed (from within AT5 itself) some of the audio demos do not play. If I go to the corresponding preset in the web browser version, they play fine. But I don't like having to switch back and forth between AT5 and the web browser, especially when it's so easy to lose your place (where you were last looking).

I would love to be able to search by gear components in the preset...especially the amp type. Sometimes you just want to find very specific types of presets, and that would be VERY helpful.

Thanks IK for doing this though, it's a great idea and I'm sure it will get even better.
elammark13

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community