Cubase question (split from ST4 topic)

The SampleTank Editor is provided without direct support. However this IK user forum is available for users to share questions and solutions.

Cubase question (split from ST4 topic)

Postby DavidR1 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:46 am

OK I use Cubase pro 11. I did some digging about yesterday with regards to uploading the latest Verdot SampleTank 4 editor ie 4.1.1. Whilst installing I noted that the main program has to be installed on the C drive. The plug-ins can then be installed on the D drive. I did this and then authorised the plug-in.

I then did a search on the ARA for new plugins and hey presto SampleTank 4 editor appeared on my list as an instrument. I added a track and copied over the midi track.

When I click on open instrument tab a white screen appears without anything on it. Next I did the following I dragged the said track down to the sampler screen at the bottom and after the track was converted to a wav file the sampler opened up. In the sampler track the instrument then minimises to small 3 blocks. In the sampler window there is a tab called mono. Click on this and then click on the legato button. Discernible I can’t hear any difference also I can’t be sure that the editor is doing what it should be because there is no option to check which sample is being merged into the next.

But SampleTank 4 editor isnt supported and is supplied as is so I can tell is this has worked or is the defined operating circumstances etc…….. any other Cubase users able to confirm that this the correct way to use SampleTank 4 editor??
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
i7 quad core 4770u cpu 3.4 ghz (cores disabled as per Cubase management system)
64 bit windows 8.1
external soundcard UR44 (Steinberg) Yamaha drive Asio 2 compliant
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Re: Cubase question (split from ST4 topic)

Postby DavidR1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:05 pm

This doesnt actually work as the sampler track is one cubases own plugins.

the principle or process whoever seems the same as editor.
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
64 bit windows 8.1
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Re: Cubase question (split from ST4 topic)

Postby DavidR1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:51 pm

Resolved. See Can’t import any files here https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=23614
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
64 bit windows 8.1
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Return to SampleTank 4 Editor