macOS Big Sur statement

The SampleTank Editor is provided without direct support. However this IK user forum is available for users to share questions and solutions.

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby frothed » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:59 am

I recently purchased an iMac 5 with Big Sur. I already had Sampletank CS and purchased the upgrade to MAX. After installing the upgrade I installed the instruments,no problem, but when I went to install the sounds, big problem. 1st, the download went extremely slow, 7hrs and only about 15% done before I got a java script error that stopped me in my tracks. Now as soon as I try to complete the process I get that error. Is there a fix for this or should uninstall the upgrade and re-install, and if re-installing is the answer, is there a button for that. I have to be upfront that i used pc's for 25yrs and this is my first foray into Macs so I'm sure u can understand how frustrating this is. Thanks in advance for any assistance
frothed
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby supanorton » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:02 am

frothed wrote:I recently purchased an iMac 5 with Big Sur. I already had Sampletank CS and purchased the upgrade to MAX. After installing the upgrade I installed the instruments,no problem, but when I went to install the sounds, big problem. 1st, the download went extremely slow, 7hrs and only about 15% done before I got a java script error that stopped me in my tracks. Now as soon as I try to complete the process I get that error. Is there a fix for this or should uninstall the upgrade and re-install, and if re-installing is the answer, is there a button for that. I have to be upfront that i used pc's for 25yrs and this is my first foray into Macs so I'm sure u can understand how frustrating this is. Thanks in advance for any assistance


The download process can be daunting and there are specific ways to install the SampleTank stuff. I contacted support and they were very helpful. Everything's working well for me.

Contact support. They will help you.
supanorton
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:52 am

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby KEISER56 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:10 pm

Have amplitube 4 max and amplitube 5,nothing works now since update.
KEISER56
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:31 pm

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby supanorton » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:44 am

KEISER56 wrote:Have amplitube 4 max and amplitube 5,nothing works now since update.


When you say "nothing works", what do you mean? What happens?
supanorton
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:52 am

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby khanB » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:42 pm

I'm on macOS Big Sur 11.2 and IK Multimedia Product manager doesn't seem to work on it. Can't install anything from the Product manager - hopefully it will get fixed soon. I just bought Total Studio 2 Max and I can't wait to use MODO Bass, Syntronik and AmpliTube, and everything included!
khanB
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:27 am

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby supanorton » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:57 am

Do you have the latest version of the product manager? I’m on Big Sur and have used the product manager twice in the last week or so.
supanorton
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:52 am

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby khanB » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:26 pm

Yes, just downloaded IK Product manager yesterday (ik_product_manager_1.0.2). Could be that I also updated to Big Sur 11.2 yesterday too. Who knows?
khanB
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:27 am

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby supanorton » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:43 pm

Do you have one of the new M1 Macs? I'm pretty sure those are incompatible right now. If you haven't, contact support.
supanorton
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:52 am

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby khanB » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:31 pm

No, intel i7. Yes, I've got a Support Ticket opened. Just waiting to hear back. Thanks!
khanB
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:27 am

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby khanB » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:37 am

Anybody, using IK Product Manager in Big Sur 11.2?
khanB
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:27 am

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby johnjanny » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:27 pm


Apple Releases macOS 11 Big Sur

Our recommendation for IK software and hardware users

Apple is releasing their new operating system macOS 11 (Big Sur) this month on November 12th.

To ensure that your IK Multimedia software and hardware products work as intended, we strongly recommend waiting to update until we have confirmed compatibility.

Preliminary tests using the macOS 11 (Big Sur) beta, suggest you may encounter compatibility issues, which are being validated with the official release of Big Sur now. For more specific information, please check back here if you have any concerns with your IK Multimedia products. We will continue to post any compatibility issues - and planned fixes if required - here and will update the Yowa for pc as appropriate.

Please be aware that your Mac may try to update itself automatically. To prevent this, please uncheck the "Install macOS updates" option located in your System Preferences > Software Update > "Advanced...".

Thank you for your patience.

Your IK Multimedia Team.


That is an issue on Big Sur only and part of the reason the statement above requests that you do not update
There are different kinds of whatsapp that provide some additional features. Yowhatsapp is one of them. It has many features. You can read more about yowhatsapp from here.
johnjanny
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:05 pm

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby hnobel83@gmail.com » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:48 am

khanB wrote:Anybody, using IK Product Manager in Big Sur 11.2?


I am.
I'm on 11.2.1, and none of my registered IK Multimedia software works atm.
I guess we'll just have to wait.
H.Nobel
hnobel83@gmail.com
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:47 pm

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby sightings » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:47 pm

Is there open source firmware available for Big Sur somewhere for those of us who had already updated?
sightings
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:44 pm

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby khanB » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:45 pm

I don't know if this helps anybody (It did for me! and I'm on Big Sur 11.2) - I was able to download and install MODO Bass, Amplitube, Syntronik, etc. without using IK Product manager (thankfully, I was able to authorize my products with Authorization Manager before). ...Anyway, the individual downloads are under: >userarea>my-products, then press 'Pass Releases'. Thanks to IK Support for that tip!
khanB
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:27 am

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby hnobel83@gmail.com » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:00 pm

khanB wrote:I don't know if this helps anybody (It did for me! and I'm on Big Sur 11.2) - I was able to download and install MODO Bass, Amplitube, Syntronik, etc. without using IK Product manager (thankfully, I was able to authorize my products with Authorization Manager before). ...Anyway, the individual downloads are under: >userarea>my-products, then press 'Pass Releases'. Thanks to IK Support for that tip!


Cool! I'll try that out. Thanx, man!
H.Nobel
hnobel83@gmail.com
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to SampleTank 4 Editor