macOS Big Sur statement

The SampleTank Editor is provided without direct support. However this IK user forum is available for users to share questions and solutions.

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby freeglerock » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:15 pm

Are you planning on making your current plugins ARM native, or will they have to run with Rosetta 2 on the new M1 machines?
Late 2015 i7 iMac 4GHZ/ 32 GB RAM: Lots of IK stuff.
freeglerock
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:36 pm

freeglerock wrote:Are you planning on making your current plugins ARM native, or will they have to run with Rosetta 2 on the new M1 machines?

The team is working on Big Sur and M1 compatibility but I don't have specific details on which products and such yet at this time.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 17481
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby ricinro » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:48 am

Apart from macOS Big Sur, has IK tried to run AmpliTube using the M1 hardware?
ricinro
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 pm

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:26 am

ricinro wrote:Apart from macOS Big Sur, has IK tried to run AmpliTube using the M1 hardware?

We are testing AmpliTube 5 for both Big Sur and M1 currently.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 17481
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby pac1085 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:52 pm

I know you guys said AmpliTube 5 will support Big Sur when released, do you also expect a new version of the Axe I/O Control Panel that works with Big Sur to be released at the same time? I bought the Axe I/O + 5 Max bundle, trying to figure out what to do with my Mac.
pac1085
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:26 pm

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:53 pm

pac1085 wrote:I know you guys said AmpliTube 5 will support Big Sur when released, do you also expect a new version of the Axe I/O Control Panel that works with Big Sur to be released at the same time? I bought the Axe I/O + 5 Max bundle, trying to figure out what to do with my Mac.

I'm not aware of any issues with AXE I/O Control Panel in Big Sur, you might want to check with IK Support as they'll have already tried it there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 17481
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby crowmanuk » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:08 pm

Is there any ETA on a fix for the CS launch issue yet ... it's been a month now since Big Sur launched and the only update has been "we're working on it". Can we get some sort of progress update. I would expect MacBooks are extremely popular amongst users given the nature of the product and a month is a long time to have no reasonable update.
crowmanuk
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:19 pm

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:07 am

crowmanuk wrote:Is there any ETA on a fix for the CS launch issue yet ... it's been a month now since Big Sur launched and the only update has been "we're working on it". Can we get some sort of progress update. I would expect MacBooks are extremely popular amongst users given the nature of the product and a month is a long time to have no reasonable update.

The statement still stands with the recommendation to not upgrade. Most/all who rely on their Mac for critical production work do not upgrade to a new OS for far longer than one month. Note that the Custom Shop application has been overhauled for the upcoming AmpliTube 5 release.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 17481
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby crowmanuk » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 am

Peter_IK wrote:
crowmanuk wrote:Is there any ETA on a fix for the CS launch issue yet ... it's been a month now since Big Sur launched and the only update has been "we're working on it". Can we get some sort of progress update. I would expect MacBooks are extremely popular amongst users given the nature of the product and a month is a long time to have no reasonable update.

The statement still stands with the recommendation to not upgrade. Most/all who rely on their Mac for critical production work do not upgrade to a new OS for far longer than one month. Note that the Custom Shop application has been overhauled for the upcoming AmpliTube 5 release.


Thanks for the response Peter but given the only positive response so far is that 5 will be Big Sur compatible, do you believe that there won’t be a fix for 4 in reasonable time so only route will be an enforced upgrade to 5?
crowmanuk
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:19 pm

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:38 pm

The only issue I'm seeing reported with AmpliTube 4 is Custom Shop. I'd suggest if you have other issues with AmpliTube 4 itself, please report them so they are aware and perhaps they can see what is really going on in your situation. The new Custom Shop will replace the current Custom Shop (which is a separate application, it is not required to run AmpliTube 4 standalone nor the plugin).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 17481
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby crowmanuk » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:01 am

Thanks Peter, I understand but my question is - will there be a fix for Custom Shop for 4 for Big Sur or will it require an upgrade to Amplitube 5 to continue using CS. I think this is a fair question and one IK should surely be able to answer from a product support perspective? Would the new CS be usable through 4 or does it require an upgrade to Amplitube 5 for example?
crowmanuk
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:19 pm

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby phenix992 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:40 pm

hi
for me, I don't know If I must keep my product or just change it to a new one

- last versions with Gband+Mac Big Sur

> impossible to have an access to the presets (AmpliTube)
> impossible to have a decent sound without any distortion with axe I/o and Gband

I must set the master volume on -30db for ex ( with my last sound card, it was perfect all the time)

>modo bass, modo drums not free?

> Sometimes I must unplug to sound card because some YouTube videos (and other) freeze
(impossible to set up the volume and to play the video)
not very often now or maybe it was because of Big Sur


maybe some users have these problems too
Ik Multimedia does not answer to my questions
phenix992
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:55 am

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby supanorton » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:14 pm

phenix992 wrote:hi
for me, I don't know If I must keep my product or just change it to a new one

- last versions with Gband+Mac Big Sur

> impossible to have an access to the presets (AmpliTube)
> impossible to have a decent sound without any distortion with axe I/o and Gband

I must set the master volume on -30db for ex ( with my last sound card, it was perfect all the time)

>modo bass, modo drums not free?

> Sometimes I must unplug to sound card because some YouTube videos (and other) freeze
(impossible to set up the volume and to play the video)
not very often now or maybe it was because of Big Sur


maybe some users have these problems too
Ik Multimedia does not answer to my questions


It sounds like you need to contact support:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
supanorton
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:52 am

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:15 pm

crowmanuk wrote:Thanks Peter, I understand but my question is - will there be a fix for Custom Shop for 4 for Big Sur or will it require an upgrade to Amplitube 5 to continue using CS. I think this is a fair question and one IK should surely be able to answer from a product support perspective? Would the new CS be usable through 4 or does it require an upgrade to Amplitube 5 for example?

The new Custom Shop will replace the current.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 17481
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: macOS Big Sur statement

Postby crowmanuk » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:42 pm

Thanks Peter - and can you please confirm that the new CS will work with Amplitube 4?
crowmanuk
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:19 pm

PreviousNext

Return to SampleTank 4 Editor